Brexit slowly killing the fishing industry.

Started by papasmurf, September 18, 2021, 08:00:36 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 18, 2021, 07:24:08 PM
The worst that's happened is we drew 0-0 with Southampton at home when we really should've stuffed them.

Other than that no probs in the shops and the Vimeo is plentiful. :D :D

brilliant cromwell. So the problems seem to be narrowing down to a certain house on the lizard peninsula.

anyhow..

What do you call the first Afghan off the boat?

Amhere!

What do you call the second Afghan off the boat?

Amhere Azwel!

What do you call the third Afghan off the boat?

Amhere Azwel Azhim
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 18, 2021, 07:16:52 PM
Or remainers get stick because it doesn't. :)

It already is going tits up at an ever increasing pace.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on September 18, 2021, 07:21:04 PM
Hows manchester cromwell? Has th sky fallen in and are the shelves empty and streets full of starving people?
The worst that's happened is we drew 0-0 with Southampton at home when we really should've stuffed them.

Other than that no probs in the shops and the vimto is plentiful. :D :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 18, 2021, 07:16:52 PM

Hows manchester cromwell? Has th sky fallen in and are the shelves empty and streets full of starving people?

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 07:14:35 PM
It would be impossible to get back, but that does not mean the people who  voted Brexit should not get stick as the situations worsens.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 18, 2021, 06:40:53 PM
Well we ain't going back so get used.

It would be impossible to get back, but that does not mean the people who  voted Brexit should not get stick as the situations worsens.

Thomas

I tell you pappy , that Cornwall sounds like a veritable "hell on earth " according to your detailed reporting.

Everyone is dead of the pox , except the tourists who are on the rampage because there is no food in the shops. Theres no food in the shops because the lorry drivers have all fecked off back to romania , but romania also has a lorry driver shortage so the tories are to blame for that as well.

Even if there was food in the shop , theres no one to cook it except you and your wife , the only two cooks in the whole of Cornwall , and you cant cook it as

1. There is a gas shortage

2. Theres no waiters to take it to the tables.

I tell you pappy , the evil tories have really done it this time havent they?

I take on board all your detailed analysis pappy , but im beginning to hink you are pulling my leg. Nick was there a few weeks back and reported all was well , so who to believe?

A miserly hermit living on the lizard peninsula ,well know for his tall tales and slight over exaggerations or an evil tory from lancashire well known for his support of boris!!!

Decisions decisions!!!

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 05:37:09 PM
It isn't though that is the problem, it is only about 20% done if that.
Well we ain't going back so get used.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 18, 2021, 04:42:17 PM
:D

Brexit yookay is that bad the housewives /husbands can't cook ?

Feck me pappies self hatred and pessimism has reached a new all time low today.

Son had a lovely piece of fish last night fur his tea and said it tasted great and was cooked to perfection. He is doing his bit to keep the wheels of the fishing industry turning  , while all pappy and co do is moan.

I know my wife comes from a country that is famous fur eating shite like jellied eels , but she is a fantastic cook . I do wonder about the company pappy keeps sometimes  , i really do.

Thomas my wife and I cook because frankly we can't get the food of the quality we want in a restaurant due to the staff shortages leading to a burgerisation of the menus.
I was able to cook a full Sunday dinner at the age of eleven.  My wife is also a very good cook.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on September 18, 2021, 02:27:18 PM

Brexit is done and dusted ,

It isn't though that is the problem, it is only about 20% done if that.

Thomas

:D

Brexit yookay is that bad the housewives /husbands cant cook ?

Feck me pappies self hatred and pessimism has reached a new all time low today.

Son had a lovely piece of fish last night fur his tea and said it tasted great and was cooked to perfection. He is doing his bit to keep the wheels of the fishing industry turning  , while all pappy and co do is moan.

I know my wife comes from a country that is famous fur eating shite like jellied eels , but she is a fantastic cook . I do wonder about the company pappy keeps sometimes  , i really do.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 18, 2021, 02:31:29 PM
That's my point — apparently it wasn't always so — the general population used to be big fish eaters. Why can't they be so again?   

Frankly because they can't cook. (Seriously.) Other than that the majority of fishmongers closed decades ago.
Despite living near the sea and having unscrewed my wallet and given a large donation to the crowd funding of the purchase of buildings by local fishermen, I am having difficulty buying fresh fish, shellfish and bi-valve molluscs. I would have less problem buying illegal drugs, firearms and explosives.
The local marketing of local  fresh fish, shellfish and bi-valve molluscs is rubbish.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 18, 2021, 02:36:07 PM
Similar nearer home. There's a wide choice of seafood in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal and it's reasonably priced — probably because it's all in demand...

Indeed, sitting in one of the many squares in Lyon I used to get a huge bucket of Muscles for about 15 Euros.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2021, 02:28:19 PM
Not sure that it is down to popularity, more down to your average Joe being priced out.

If you go to Red Lobster or Joes Crab Shack in the states you're looking at about $25 for for a full Lobster or huge bucket of Snow Crab legs, in the U.K. you've got to sell a lung.
Similar nearer home. There's a wide choice of seafood in France, Italy, Spain and Portugal and it's reasonably priced — probably because it's all in demand...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 02:19:03 PM
Locally before Brexit at least 95% of the fresh fish/shellfish/bivalve molluscs was exported to France and Spain.
That's my point — apparently it wasn't always so — the general population used to be big fish eaters. Why can't they be so again?   

After all the industry is smaller than it was, and the population is bigger — an equation that looks like a no brainer...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...