Brexit slowly killing the fishing industry.

Started by papasmurf, September 18, 2021, 08:00:36 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on September 18, 2021, 09:27:05 AM
Ireland not seeing these issues
She talks about not being able to get foods delivered, 100,000 missing truck drivers, i suppose thats the chinese fault also ?

Eh?
Road freight firms say a lack of respect for the essential role of lorry drivers is to blame for a growing crisis in driver recruitment.

Leaders in Irish transport companies said managing truck fleets has become more stressful, as not enough younger people are becoming professional drivers to replace an ageing workforce in the industry.

More must be done to make a truck driving career more attractive to young people they said, in response to revelations of a national driver shortage published in last week's Sunday Independent.

The Irish Road Haulage Association has warned the nation needs 4,000 more lorry drivers immediately to ward off challenges to the effective distribution of goods in Ireland and beyond.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/truckers-say-lack-of-respect-a-key-issue-in-staff-shortages-40664153.html

Gerry , it was only recently the IRHA was warning the dublin government of a shortage of irish drivers and an aging profile of those who work in the industry which could potentially lead to massive disruption  in Ireland , and the reasons behind it.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 18, 2021, 12:31:13 PM

And no way to train new ones thanks to the pox.

Not to train the 100000 needed any time soon that is for certain.
I noticed whilst I was waiting for the tracking on my car too be done, and two new tyres fitted, the two delivery drivers who came to the depot looked like they would be using Zimmer frames and oxygen cylinders in the near future.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Ireland not seeing these issues and we dont have a land bridge like the UK. She talks of paperwork and delays for exports. Wait till next month when the UK starts their import checks, paperwork, customs delays. The UK since brexit just opened the front door and anything and everthing from the EU can come in with zero customs checks "taking back control"
She talks about not being able to get foods delivered, 100,000 missing truck drivers, i suppose thats the chinese fault also ?

Well, we all know why there's a shortage of truck driver's here. F@@@ all to do with anything except the UKs habit of scraping the bottom of barrels and hiring foreign labour who will work for less in a market they tilted in their favour .

And no way to train new ones thanks to the pox.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Wait till next month when the UK starts their import checks, paperwork, customs delays. The UK since brexit just opened the front door and anything and everthing from the EU can come in with zero customs checks "taking back control"

Sheepy

Irelsnd not seeing these issues and we dont have a land bridge like the UK. She talks of paperwork and delays for exports. Wait till next month when the UK starts their import checks, paperwork, customs delays. The UK since brexit just opened the front door and anything and everthing from the EU can come in with zero customs checks "taking back control"
I couldn't care less about the EU we are having their sneaky rules and regulations removed as we speak.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 18, 2021, 09:00:12 AM

Lovely bit of misdirection there.

No mention of the upending of the container business thanks to trade being disrupted by the whole world being locked down and every f**king one of them being grabbed by the bloody Chinese
Ireland not seeing these issues and we dont have a land bridge like the UK. She talks of paperwork and delays for exports. Wait till next month when the UK starts their import checks, paperwork, customs delays. The UK since brexit just opened the front door and anything and everthing from the EU can come in with zero customs checks "taking back control"

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 18, 2021, 09:00:12 AM

No mention of the upending of the container business thanks to trade being disrupted by the whole world being locked down and every f**king one of them being grabbed by the bloody Chinese

Fresh fish/live shellfish are not transported in containers.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2021, 08:00:36 AM
George Useless should be forced to watch this:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6oppE-O8Qw

Lovely bit of misdirection there.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf