Brexit slowly killing the fishing industry.

Started by papasmurf, September 18, 2021, 08:00:36 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:06:05 AMA short term hit ?  Brexit was never a cliff edge, more like death by a thousand cuts, it needs yrs or decades to properly manifest. Give it time

The EU may not have decades. If the French election goes the wrong way for the EU then it will come down like a house of cards.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:06:05 AM
Its most def associated with brexit. Barriers for people coming to work, uncertainty that the uk could change laws which directly affect their status, custom delays where drivers in demand find themselves trapped in the uk with no income. Etc etc etc etc...
The uk has covid issues+brexit issues.

A short term hit ?  Brexit was never a cliff edge, more like death by a thousand cuts, it needs yrs or decades to properly manifest. Give it time

Let me add, the uk has yet to impose or start its import checks on eu goods, thats more problems on the horizon, big problems
You see that is what the EU and its minions believe, that they have such a deep hold over our politics they can slowly but surely bring us to heel, never considering the populists won't have any of it. Even the old Tories think we are somehow like the Lib Dems we lend you a few million votes to do a job, then they think they have control. Which amuses us no end.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 10:59:52 AM
The pandemic is obscuring the Brexit problems.

So like I said, there are no Brexit problems yet.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:00:10 AM
im sure theres EU immigrants in wales and scotland and to some degree NI. lets not leave them out.
To your second bit, like usual, if you have a point to make then make it, less of the headlines or sound bites.
A point to make,yeah I made it about your depths we sank to re the French navy which is no sound bite but your nations abject sorrow over a Nazi tyrant.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:27:28 AM
Could ypu name some, as this was something i wondered about before brexit. That is, what EU rules did people want removed/changed and why.
No need, all of them in the spirit of being a free nation with no ties to the EU, we only accepted Theresa Mays sneaky backdoor EU politics because we knew eventually people would push back against them.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 11:06:05 AM
Its most def associated with brexit. Barriers for people coming to work, uncertainty that the uk could change laws which directly affect their status, custom delays where drivers in demand find themselves trapped in the uk with no income. Etc etc etc etc...

A short term hit ?  Brexit was never a cliff edge, more like death by a thousand cuts, it needs yrs or decades to properly manifest. Give it time

Let me add, the uk has yet to impose or start its import checks on eu goods, thats more problems on the horizon, big problems

...and in the meantime France is spitting feathers because they are outclassed in submarines and the Dutch are acting as go between trying to get us onside for security - I read something about the EU bosses realising that they need a close relationship with us. That doesn't seem to rhyme with cliffs or 1000 cuts.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 10:57:48 AM
Nothing is due to Brexit ATM, it's all the pandemic. There might be stuff in the future but as those who voted leave gave told you, we are happy to take a short term hit.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2021, 10:46:00 AM
More ant Brit.....well English really rants.

Btw Gerry can't answer good old Eamons depths he sank to yet?
im sure theres EU immigrants in wales and scotland and to some degree NI. lets not leave them out.
To your second bit, like usual, if you have a point to make then make it, less of the headlines or sound bites.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 10:57:48 AM
Nothing is due to Brexit ATM, it's all the pandemic. There might be stuff in the future but as those who voted leave gave told you, we are happy to take a short term hit.

The pandemic is obscuring the Brexit problems.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:41:08 AM
There are delays in the EU, simular issue to the UK, but the EU doesnt have brexit where to chopped off the drawbridge and locked the doors. A very strong anti immigrant stance for the past 5 yrs, with no certainty that immigrants will have a future in the UK, look at what happened windrush. The disruption to business is not felt as badly as in the UK, thats because of brexit.
You better hope more industries in the EU dont experience labour issues, they could very easily entice EU immigrants in the UK home, such is the uncertainty there.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:48:07 AM
If you think brexit is finished your sadly mistaken, this will be analysed, under s spot light and constantly discussed for decades. Its only just starting

Quite, more problems emerge as time passes.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on September 18, 2021, 02:27:18 PM
The article i linked to above suggests that russia and some of the asian countries will suffer the biggest projected shortfall in drivers in 2021 , but hey , dont let  this get in the way of a chance to rubbish brexit.

Brexit is done and dusted , there is no chance in the next decade in my opinion of the uk , or england , rejoining at best  , or at least signing up to some BRINO deal no matter who whinges about what and blames brexit .
Brexit has only started, it started in January this yr when the UK left their extension to the official leaving date.
As has being pointed out in this thread, brexit on top of covid has made the issues faced by the uk much more difficult.
Give brexit 10 or 20 yrs and we'll see how things pan out. If you think brexit is finished your sadly mistaken, this will be analysed, under s spot light and constantly discussed for decades. Its only just starting

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on September 19, 2021, 10:41:08 AM
There are delays in the EU, simular issue to the UK, but the EU doesnt have brexit where to chopped off the drawbridge and locked the doors. A very strong anti immigrant stance for the past 5 yrs, with no certainty that immigrants will have a future in the UK, look at what happened windrush. The disruption to business is not felt as badly as in the UK, thats because of brexit.
You better hope more industries in the EU dont experience labour issues, they could very easily entice EU immigrants in the UK home, such is the uncertainty there.
More anti Brit.....well English really rants.

Btw Gerry can't answer good old Eamons depths he sank to yet?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2021, 12:59:58 PM
https://www.transportlogistic.de/en/trade-fair/industry-insights/truck-driver-shortage/

Research by logistics analysts Transport Intelligence found that Germany was missing between 45,000 and 60,000 HGV drivers last year. That number is increasing, with the International Road Transport Union warning of a 185,000 shortfall there by 2027.

https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/people-profit/20210909-truck-driver-shortage-how-a-lack-of-hauliers-is-hurting-the-economy

European road transport firms are racing towards a driver shortage crisis of 150,000 unfilled jobs, according to new research from Transport Intelligence. ... France has a shortage of 20,000 drivers

Do I have to link to every EU country suffering before you drop this nonsense?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on September 18, 2021, 09:34:41 AM
I couldn't care less about the EU we are having their sneaky rules and regulations removed as we speak.
Could ypu name some, as this was something i wondered about before brexit. That is, what EU rules did people want removed/changed and why.