« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 20, 2021, 08:37:56 AM
wheras I think the poster you are referring to is ill

thats one way of putting it deppity.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2021, 11:24:43 AM
London - so the saying goes - but now they all seem to lead to the South West. Fred Drift is a constant threat to coherent discussion and I am sure we all tolerate him and even enjoy his intrusions at times. He certainly creates the odd giggle which is always welcome but it is getting a bit tedious when so many debates end up being a bigger problem in Cornwall than anywhere else. We are short of HGV drivers but is there anyone capable of directing a juggernaut into a layby for a while?

Tbf, its not just the "South West" though, is it? We have other posters whose motives are deliberate, wheras I think the poster you are referring to is ill

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on September 19, 2021, 01:48:34 PM

That could be because posters can't physically distance themselves from annoying incessant interrupters or uppity interlopers —

Well, they can always switch off.

There are some folk around who are determined to be offended even by a few high words in cyber space. With such sad creatures there is nothing  that can be done because being offended is all they care about. So as I may have said before, the only reasonable response to such people is nothing at all Borky

Mod edit......and do behave.
Cromwell
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on September 19, 2021, 12:25:01 PM
well like IsayNick I'm as bad as anyone,it's like a conversation in the pub.
That's true — but you have to admit that online conversations are more easily diverted into personal insults and virtual fights than in the pub.   

That could be because posters can't physically distance themselves from annoying incessant interrupters or uppity interlopers — in the pub, we can walk away. Press the ignore button on here and the conversation often becomes disjointed (correction — more disjointed)...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 12:18:28 PM
I'm not necessarily a thread purist, unless...
It is deliberately being diverted or trolled. If a thread naturally meanders about, taking in a few subjects then fine.
But, as always, if there are any suggestion I'm happy to implement them if the majority want it.
well like IsayNick I'm as bad as anyone,it's like a conversation in the pub.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

I'm not necessarily a thread purist, unless...
It is deliberately being diverted or trolled. If a thread naturally meanders about, taking in a few subjects then fine.
But, as always, if there are any suggestion I'm happy to implement them if the majority want it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 19, 2021, 11:38:11 AM
This is obviously a moderation issue.
I'm a bit more of a thread purist than some. (ahem).
So I feel your acute pain.

It's hard to know whether to close a Fred or tell me or them to get back on topic. Splitting threads to try to separate them is really difficult to do. If we don't stay on topic we might as well just have one big Fat Fred called general chat.

We can all then talk about the SNP, Welsh NHS and cataracts, Cornish pasties, Kent oast houses, Hastings hippies and migrants, Bricklayers arms, shiny BMW and iphones, Andy Burnham, Irish renegades and sea borders without going off Fred.

Me? I hate Fred Drift.
Well guilty as charged :P :P :P it can be an issue but it happens all the time and the punters (well most are happy) and talking of guilt.....Step forward Nick
Perhaps we should have a poll on the issue and talking of Poles it seems all the builders have disappeared. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

No apology necessary.
Anyone seen Fred?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 19, 2021, 11:38:11 AM

It's hard to know whether to close a Fred or tell me or them to get back on topic. Splitting threads to try to separate them is really difficult to do. If we don't stay on topic we might as well just have one big Fat Fred called general chat.

We can all then talk about the SNP, Welsh NHS and cataracts, Cornish pasties, Kent oast houses, Hastings hippies and migrants, Bricklayers arms, shiny BMW and iphones, Andy Burnham, Irish renegades and sea borders without going off Fred.

Me? I hate Fred Drift.

Apologies - I don't usually give in to feelings of frustration.

Barry

Me? I hate Fred Drift.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

London - so the saying goes - but now they all seem to lead to the South West. Fred Drift is a constant threat to coherent discussion and I am sure we all tolerate him and even enjoy his intrusions at times. He certainly creates the odd giggle which is always welcome but it is getting a bit tedious when so many debates end up being a bigger problem in Cornwall than anywhere else. We are short of HGV drivers but is there anyone capable of directing a juggernaut into a layby for a while?