labour mp pulls out of attending labour conference due to trans threats

Started by Thomas, September 19, 2021, 04:37:04 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 20, 2021, 08:05:00 AM
Do you know when I wrote it, I was thinking I wonder how long it will be before Labour blame somebody else.

pappy does not and never has supported the labour party , he just knows loads about the internal workings and whose who  :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2021, 07:47:00 AM
You making the assumption that the trolls and nastiness is coming from one source.
That is a bad mistake on your part.
Do you know when I wrote it, I was thinking I wonder how long it will be before Labour blame somebody else.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 08:28:13 PM
Sounds about right from here, Labour MP dares to tell the truth who then received threats from those who live in Labour fantasy land.

You making the assumption that the trolls and nastiness is coming from one source.
That is a bad mistake on your part.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 19, 2021, 04:37:04 PM
London Mayor Sadiq Khan has said it is "unacceptable that anybody feels unsafe" going to the Labour conference, following reports MP Rosie Duffield will miss the event on security advice.

Ms Duffield, the Labour MP for Canterbury, has reportedly pulled out of attending her party's gathering in Brighton later this week amid online threats from transgender activists, according to The Sunday Times.

She told the newspaper: "We have had Labour MPs who have had to have security at conference over the past few years, and I didn't want that sort of attention or to become the story. I just thought it was better for everyone if I quietly stayed away."

Asked on the BBC's The Andrew Marr Show whether "someone who thinks that only women have a cervix" is welcome at conference, Mr Khan said: "They are. One of the things about the Labour Party is it's a chance to debate, discuss, have disagreement in a respectful way.

"It's unacceptable that anybody feels unsafe going to the Labour Party conference, whether it's Rosie Duffield, whether it's journalists or anybody else.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/sadiq-khan-urges-calm-debate-as-mp-avoids-labour-conference-due-to-threats/129642
Sounds about right from here, Labour MP dares to tell the truth who then received threats from those who live in Labour fantasy land.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

I think you and I need to stop watching the same TV stuff !!

The most ludicrous part of the whole thing is her statement that she thought it best to "quietly stay away" - a statement made to GB News !!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has said it is "unacceptable that anybody feels unsafe" going to the Labour conference, following reports MP Rosie Duffield will miss the event on security advice.

Ms Duffield, the Labour MP for Canterbury, has reportedly pulled out of attending her party's gathering in Brighton later this week amid online threats from transgender activists, according to The Sunday Times.

She told the newspaper: "We have had Labour MPs who have had to have security at conference over the past few years, and I didn't want that sort of attention or to become the story. I just thought it was better for everyone if I quietly stayed away."

Asked on the BBC's The Andrew Marr Show whether "someone who thinks that only women have a cervix" is welcome at conference, Mr Khan said: "They are. One of the things about the Labour Party is it's a chance to debate, discuss, have disagreement in a respectful way.

"It's unacceptable that anybody feels unsafe going to the Labour Party conference, whether it's Rosie Duffield, whether it's journalists or anybody else.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/sadiq-khan-urges-calm-debate-as-mp-avoids-labour-conference-due-to-threats/129642
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!