It's gonna be a cold lonely winter

Started by T00ts, September 20, 2021, 11:13:22 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2021, 11:42:49 AM
I think you will find that is £200 not £100.
£200 arrived this week. I love the DWP, they are so good to us oldies. I've given it to my wife who has given it back to the government to look after in premium bonds.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Well, well who knew it seems the Russkies have tons of the stuff.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/russia-s-gazprom-is-ready-to-boost-gas-sales-to-europe-ifx-cites-kremlin/ar-AAOPHn8?ocid=msedgntp
Didn't see that one coming did you sheepbrain, well only from about 1757 miles give or take.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

The smaller energy companies are falling like flies.
They had a business plan based on attracting customers at fixed low prices which has no flexibility for wholesale price rises.
They also all gave this "green energy" illusion by buying in renewable energy documents which really have little meaning.
The whole business plan was a deceptive unsustainable plan.

At the last election 2.7% of the population voted for the Green party. If we had wanted their policies they would have won. We are now in danger of killing ourselves for an ideology based on a theory.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2021, 01:49:50 AM
Strange cause you said there was no evidence.

There is no evidence for your contention I have posted loads about how low benefit fraud is.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2021, 08:18:14 AM
I have been referencing such evidence for years, you obviously never read it.

Strange cause you said there was no evidence.

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 07:26:41 AMNick there is no evidence for your opinion.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

You all took that well, a view through the looking glass of what we really have to deal with on a daily basis.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2021, 10:37:36 AM
I'll post a link to Melanie Phillip's take on this to annoy those on the forum who despise her:

https://melaniephillips.substack.com/p/downing-streets-green-emperor-has

Extract:

Well as I said to T00ts on another thread Our Souls.

Good find btw.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

I'll post a link to Melanie Phillip's take on this to annoy those on the forum who despise her:

https://melaniephillips.substack.com/p/downing-streets-green-emperor-has

Extract:
QuoteAs the Telegraph reports, Clive Moffatt, a gas consultant and former government adviser on energy security, noted that the UK has slashed its strategic gas storage to barely 1.7 per cent of annual demand by closing the Rough facility off the Yorkshire coast, subcontracting the costly task of storage to Germany and the Netherlands. Yet when in key meetings with British officials he warned that closing Rough was a dangerous decision, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy dug in its heels.

"They refused to listen and kept saying that we had diversity of supply: they misunderstood the responsiveness of liquefied natural gas to short-term shocks," he said. "The Government has been playing dangerous games with the grid and has allowed a situation to develop that is outside their control. It's terribly depressing."

That's surely the understatement of the week.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2021, 02:05:43 AM

I suggest these 50,000 step up to the plate.

Most of them are already in work. As for the rest you assume that they are qualified for any job vacancies and can get to and from where those vacancies are.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2021, 01:57:28 AM
Where's the evidence my opinion is wrong?

I have been referencing such evidence for years, you obviously never read it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 10:17:35 AM
Quite, the £20 a week cut in Universal credit is going to effect 50000 in Cornwall, add to that inflation rises, rent rises, rises to NI, there is going to be a lot of hardship locally.

I notice you didn't mention employment rises even on your list, though you have on countless occasions stated that local restaurants can't get staff cause all the workers have buggered off back to Eastern Europe.

I suggest these 50,000 step up to the plate. Either take up one of the restaurant jobs or add it as a second job.
More vacancies than people, how's the hardship card work?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 07:26:41 AMNick there is no evidence for your opinion.

Where's the evidence my opinion is wrong?

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 21, 2021, 05:52:06 PM
Fortunate for which people?

For the people who would have to live near gas fracking sites.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 12:08:10 AM
I've always maintained there are genuine people out there but there are a damn site more playing the system, and as I said we will see in the coming months.

Here's a challenge, find where I said Zero Hour Contracts are loved so much!
You'll find plenty where I said they suit some people.
why did you highlight the You're in my post you quoted?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Fortunate for which people?
Certainly not for your impoverished millions who will not be able to make it to the local food bank because they're so entombed in other people's cast off blankets, cardis and sweaters to keep themselves warm...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...