Now the restrictions are off - how are you getting on?

Started by Barry, September 21, 2021, 12:14:04 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2021, 02:36:42 PMYes, fun! Remember that?
I fail to put Folk and fun in the same sentence personally but hey ho.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 14, 2021, 10:22:22 AM
Nah, you just hate people enjoying themselves, Smurf. :'(
I will carry on with the Dancing + :-*
Your perception could not be further from the truth.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Nah, you just hate people enjoying themselves, Smurf. :'(
I will carry on with the Dancing + :-*
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 14, 2021, 10:03:00 AM

Seems this Chinese cough is harder to catch than some think.
With the large number of daily infections being recorded the evidences appears to be against you.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=nations&map=rate

• People tested positive
    Latest data provided on 13 November 2021

• Daily
    • Last 7 days

• Direction arrowTHERE HAS BEENAN INCREASE OF966(0.4%)COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
    Rate per 100,000 people: 348.7Graph of 7-day rolling average of cases over the last 3 months - click for more details

All cases data
  • Deaths
    Deaths within 28 days of positive test
    Latest data provided on 13 November 2021

• Daily
    • Last 7 days

• Direction arrowTHERE HAS BEENA DECREASE OF-94(-7.9%)COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
    Rate per 100,000 people: 1.6Graph of 7-day rolling average of deaths over the last 3 months - click for more details

All deaths data
  • Healthcare
    Patients admitted
    Latest data provided on 9 November 2021

• Daily
    • Last 7 days

• Direction arrowTHERE HAS BEENA DECREASE OF-965(-13.2%)COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
    Graph of 7-day rolling average of healthcare over the last 3 months - click for more details

All healthcare data
  • Testing
    Virus tests conducted
    Latest data provided on 11 November 2021

• Daily
    • Last 7 days

• Direction arrowTHERE HAS BEENA DECREASE OF-61,267(-1%)COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
    Graph of 7-day rolling average of testing over the last 3 months - click for more details

All testing data

What's the situation in your local area?

Search by postcodeView data for your local area
Enter a postcode
For example SW1A 0AA
Submit
Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

UK interactive maps
Explore maps for:

View maps
Map of the UK showing latest rate of new cases by specimen date for Upper Tier Local Authorities

Items
For feedback email coronavirus-tracker@phe.gov.uk
Developed by UK Health Security Agency.
This service is open source. See our repositories on GitHub ®
All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0, except where otherwise stated.
© Crown copyright

Barry

A week after all that dancing hugging and kissing I did a lateral flow test. The first test I have ever done.
It was negative, of course.
Seems this Chinese cough is harder to catch than some think.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I am in favour of vaccine passport the system worked well during my recent holiday in Brittany.
The events  I intend going to in Britain next year have vaccine certification and a negative Covid test within 36 hours of arrival.
I will avoid anywhere that does not have those requirements.

Streetwalker

Been back to normal for a couple of months now . Friday night at the club has been quiet but gradual increase in numbers .Big party though last week with people coughing over the sandwiches and pork pies so we will see how we get on with that .
Took the Mrs shopping (I give in about once every 4 years so was due) to Croydon which was rammed with people looking for something to buy , council has turned it into a right dump though so quickly retired to  the excellent Ship pub for the afternoon with the leather clad Goths and rockers of South London 
The place was rammed by the time we left so it looks like for the drinkers anyway things are pretty much back to normal .

Anyway Im late for golf , a good walk to clear the head is just the ticket 

johnofgwent

This afternoon was fun

Melissa was off recording a Christmas CD. 

In junior school she was a member of the school choir which was "augmented" if that's the right word by former junior pupils who wanted to keep singing after they went to secondary school...

The group is under the charge of the school music teacher and they used to go round places like the residential care home up the road, of course COVID threatened to screw with that, but a couple of portable 12v karaoke machines, and a veritable bubble bath of sanitising gel meant the group were able to gather and stand in the garden of said care home on the one sunny weekend before Christmas ....

After that someone said "there HAS to be an easier way to sort this out and Melissa's musical theatre director and the academy leader sorted out something with the studio in Monmouth where loads of serious bands have recorded. They have a mobile unit .....

I've no idea if this will catch on but little madam was utterly unfazed. 

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Tomorrow we go to the last event I think we will be at for a while

On Monday the Fuckwit In The Bay starts demanding Vaccine passports (the ones he refused to enable Welsh Tax Payers to claim) tongonto theatres.

If there was a god he'd die of the pox so as to demonstrate the futility of his ranting.

But god doesn't seem to be that useful
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Last weekend we both went to a wonderful folk dance evening. We think there were 80-100 people ages from 10 to 90 all enjoying restriction free close contact and fun.
Yes, fun! Remember that?

We had nearly 4 hours worth.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on September 21, 2021, 12:14:04 AM
Me and Mrs had a night out tonight at a folk club. First time we have been since moving house last year.
The club started up last month and we missed that, but tonight 14 people fairly closely seated in a pub function room sing folk songs was an absolute pleasure.

How are you getting on with getting back to normal and enjoying contact with other people?
I must have forgotten to stop in the first place, maybe I should put it down as part of growing dementia, which Mrs Bucket said I was breaking the law, I told her I wasn't as I am part of the essential work force; she now says I am such a smartarse. So, I bought her a £5 scratch card to give her something to do sitting in the garden and do my bit for good causes. She didn't win a thing and said it wasn't chocolates anyway.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Well, as I pointed out in another thread, I took the opportunity in the 31st July to sneak out across the Welsh border having bribed the guards with knowledge of where they could find a whole flick of sheep craving a ramming, and headed to Drybrook, in the Forest of Dean, to drink myself stupid and sing my lungs out to a variety of musicians across a while spectrum of genres.

The COVID figures for the area fell off a cliff for the following two months proving alcohol does indeed kill the pox.

I enjoyed a splendid couple of days swilling gin in all manner of places across South West Devon and Eastern Cornwall last week, and found no end of jolly people damned happy to be able to take my money for it. That plus enough cream teas to cause a thousand cardiac events, but not in me as my HDL and LDL figures are that of a Chippendale much to the annoyance of my statin gulping GP.

But it is my grand daughter who stands to gain most.

Here she is back in her natural element at a musical theatre masterclass. The company are putting on Madagascar in a few months, she's auditioning for one of the penguins, and as she's the best "characterisation improviser" in their group, she'll get it. Here she's improvising a piece from School of Rock in the style of the Gingerbread Man from Shrek and what you can't see is the cameraman rolling on the floor in the aisles....

They're very pleased with our Melissa .....

papasmurf

How are you getting on with getting back to normal and enjoying contact with other people?

I have always avoided crowded places anyway.

Nick

Me and Mrs had a night out tonight at a folk club. First time we have been since moving house last year.
The club started up last month and we missed that, but tonight 14 people fairly closely seated in a pub function room sing folk songs was an absolute pleasure.

Only thing resembling folk that I have listened to is Rory Gallagher, I'm more a Stevie Ray Vaughan dude.
Apart from the mask and no abroad holiday, nothing really changed for me, I worked straight through.
Saying that, the wife and I just had a long weekend in Edinburgh which was nice. Bizarre how we had to put masks on as we crossed the border on the train.

https://youtu.be/OK0T-fVVFhc

https://youtu.be/b8MZ86yr-Uo
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †