Out of the frying pan...UK/EU/USA

Started by T00ts, September 22, 2021, 09:27:20 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

I would hazard a guess Steve everybody but Smurf knows exactly what or who you mean.

These question are a hobby of his......an annoying one.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 22, 2021, 10:51:17 AM
Sir Wet Lettuce and his ilk are gifting continued support to Spaffwaffle as the lesser evil right now

Can you translate that into English please, I have no idea who or what you are on about.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2021, 10:45:40 AM
Boris talks up them allowing Brits to travel to the USA jubble-dabbed from November. That was already planned.
He's also talking up not getting a trade deal just yet.
He's going to sound like Cameron coming back from the EU with a deal we already had. The people were not fooled then, and they won't be now.
I reckon this winter will be very rough for Boris the liar. More and more often people are seeing him for what he is. A con man.
He has one big thing working in his favour. Sir Wet Luttuce is proving himself to have been just as much of a liar and is offering no alternatives whatsoever. And inside his party he is far more focussed upon driving out his own members and waging factional war in the interests of Blairites and centrists. This coming party conference is shaping up to be a total car crash. Sir Wet Lettuce and his ilk are gifting continued support to Spaffwaffle as the lesser evil right now
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2021, 09:27:20 AMWhy? Why should we be seen to kowtow to American sentiment? Was it Obama who had the temerity to 'advise' us on how to vote in the Brexit debate? Blair followed the US like a little puppy dog let's not get duped again.
Boris talks up them allowing Brits to travel to the USA jubble-dabbed from November. That was already planned.
He's also talking up not getting a trade deal just yet.
He's going to sound like Cameron coming back from the EU with a deal we already had. The people were not fooled then, and they won't be now.
I reckon this winter will be very rough for Boris the liar. More and more often people are seeing him for what he is. A con man.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on September 22, 2021, 09:27:20 AM
Boris is all smiles at the White House. Happiness is apparently in the hands of the USA once again as we laud Aukus and help pull a fast one on poor little Macron but did we leave the EU to jump into bed with the USA?

Biden romanticises his Irish roots and many Americans fantasise at having ancient roots across the Atlantic so that here we are being held to the fire over the ongoing problems with the EU and the Irish protocol. We are told like subordinates in the office that we can't have a deal until/unless we honour Ireland.

Why? Why should we be seen to kowtow to American sentiment? Was it Obama who had the temerity to 'advise' us on how to vote in the Brexit debate? Blair followed the US like a little puppy dog let's not get duped again.
I was going to say it is strange that when you look at how the Chinese and Russian alliance is run how different it is, but it isn't so strange really, as you point out, the Yanks don't respect anyone else.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2021, 09:37:37 AM
Northern Ireland was and is always going to be the elephant in the room, it was ignored before the during the Brexit campaign and it will not going to go away after it.
NI is just a power play, just like Boris doing his best to get the real players at the table for COP 26 or whatever they call it, he hasn't said what he is willing to hand over in return yet.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Northern Ireland was and is always going to be the elephant in the room, it was ignored before the during the Brexit campaign and it will not going to go away after it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Boris is all smiles at the White House. Happiness is apparently in the hands of the USA once again as we laud Aukus and help pull a fast one on poor little Macron but did we leave the EU to jump into bed with the USA?

Biden romanticises his Irish roots and many Americans fantasise at having ancient roots across the Atlantic so that here we are being held to the fire over the ongoing problems with the EU and the Irish protocol. We are told like subordinates in the office that we can't have a deal until/unless we honour Ireland.

Why? Why should we be seen to kowtow to American sentiment? Was it Obama who had the temerity to 'advise' us on how to vote in the Brexit debate? Blair followed the US like a little puppy dog let's not get duped again.