Election broadcasts

Started by cromwell, September 22, 2021, 06:40:54 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on September 23, 2021, 11:57:10 AMIf my only options next time are to vote for one of the three goons, I think I might return a spoilt ballot paper.
I am getting the feeling that some common sense is at last coming out, none of the above seems like the best option these days.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on September 23, 2021, 11:57:10 AMIf my only options next time are to vote for one of the three goons, I think I might return a spoilt ballot paper.
That's the spirit.
I'd like to say, meaning no offence, that your posts seem much more balanced and reasonable since telling Labour to sling their hook.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Losing heart in your party? Losing patience and trust? Isn't that part of the plan? Large parts of the electorate disenfranchised either with a party or politics in general might well be playing into the hands of those with hope of riding roughshod over us.

Disinterest and lack of trust is a massive vote loser not just of a particular stripe but of turnout. Politicians are only human believe it or not and make mistakes. They are persuaded by polls on their popularity that their judgement is right or wrong. They are led astray from the policies once expounded as the way forward, and selected by the electorate, when circumstances force a change and the electorate feels cheated. Many only feel cheated because they believe what they are told by the screen in their hands or the big one at home.
Dissatisfaction is being engineered in all walks of life it is the real plague that we need to be mindful of.

srb7677

Well I have arrived at a position where I do not trust any of them.

I certainly know from personal experience that the party I was until recently a member of is full of plotters, schemers, careerists, liars, people in it for themselves, and not to be trusted. Most of the genuine ones who believed in something beyond what was good for them and theirs, and who believed in something more than power for the sake of it and power at any cost - are now leaving. Labour has returned to being as unprincipled a shower of shite as the Tories and Lib Dems. With a noble but small minority of remaining exceptions within all of them, they are all truly as bad as each other.

And Sir Wet Lettuce the liar is clearly hopng to win by default, because Spaffwaffle the liar becomes even more useless and distrusted than he is. All Wet Lettuce knows about vision is the occasional trip to specsavers. Something he clearly doesn't do often enough judging by his shadow cabinet.

If my only options next time are to vote for one of the three goons, I think I might return a spoilt ballot paper.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

All party political broadcasts seem to be aimed at a target audience with a mental age of six.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on September 22, 2021, 06:40:54 PM
Yes I know I'm sad but I watched the lib dim one just on,and there we had Ed Banger......well banging on about how awful Boris is on education (in between knocking down blue walls of plastic bricks)

Do they think we've all been struck down by Alzheimer's?

Student tuition fees anyone.
I distrust Liberals and LibDems, but I an glad they had a rude awakening to the fact that what can be promised out of office (and even if it looks like there's no chance of attaining power) really should have some chance of being possible. In 2010 their promises came back to, not only bite, but savage them in the arse...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Did he do a Jo Swinson and tell you what he is going to do when he is Prime Minister? (Guffaw)
Or perhaps how we are all idiots for voting out, but not to worry, he can put that right by joining back in with the fun.

As a politician, he's probably quite experienced, but the party policies are fuzzy and irrelevant.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Yes I know I'm sad but I watched the lib dim one just on,and there we had Ed Banger......well banging on about how awful Boris is on education (in between knocking down blue walls of plastic bricks)

Do they think we've all been struck down by Alzheimer's?

Student tuition fees anyone.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?