Started by Borchester, September 22, 2021, 08:09:14 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on September 26, 2021, 07:27:02 PM
Hypocritical cow.

Angela Rayner 2019: Politicians should 'dial down language and act responsibly'

Angela Rayner 2021: 'We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07pmq61

she is getting severe pelters for it across social media , and rightly so.

Even her boss is distancing himself from her comments.

Anyway, this is about Boris flicking Macron the bird.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 06:38:48 PM
Yeah you do,they're both grandstanding and being born in back street Manchester or with a silver spoon Etonian bullingdon club where inserting your member in a dead animal thats jolly good fun and a spectator sport makes you who you are......and in the former it doesn't make you a slapper.

If you can't see the parallels then I can't help you.

You're mixing 2 different threads. This is about Boris telling Macron to get a grip, you're the only one being Angela Rayner into this.

Thomas

Hypocritical cow.

Angela Rayner 2019: Politicians should 'dial down language and act responsibly'

Angela Rayner 2021: 'We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07pmq61

she is getting severe pelters for it across social media , and rightly so.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 06:38:48 PM
Yeah you do,they're both grandstanding and being born in back street Manchester or with a silver spoon Etonian bullingdon club where inserting your member in a dead animal thats jolly good fun and a spectator sport makes you who you are......and in the former it doesn't make you a slapper.

I know what you are saying cromwell , but i have a slightly different take on it from nick and yourself.

What pisses me off about some in labour like rayner is the hypocrisy of calling a group of people collectively scum , but being the first to cry victimhood when the shoe is on the other foot.

Some tories are scum. Some labour snp and liberals are scum too. A cant is a cant no matter who you are or where you come from , never mind race religion colour creed or political affiliation.

The thing is though , if rayner likes to dish it out  , then she has to be prepared to take it back.

So if rees mogg or some other etonian tory calls her an old manc slapper who left school with more children than o levels , then we dont want to hear any of labours continual victimhood whining.

Theres an art to politics , and an art to insults , and rayner appears to be rather poor at both.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 06:28:43 PM
Telling someone to get a grip and publicly calling someone scum?
Do you really need me to answer that?

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 06:28:43 PM
Well yeah I do, firstly what is the definition of scum and in what way was it being defined?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 06:25:28 PM
Well I don't care what macron thinks but is Boris winding him up much difference to Rayner doing the same to Boris?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 06:17:32 PM
First off, who cares what Macron thinks. Also I'm fairly sure his intention was to wind up Macron.
Well I don't care what macron thinks but is Boris winding him up much difference to Rayner doing the same to Boris?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on September 25, 2021, 11:15:25 AM
Using 'Franglais' in serious politics is disrespectful and I bet Macron thinks Johnson is a real 'rosbif' of the worst kind!

First off, who cares what Macron thinks. Also I'm fairly sure his intention was to wind up Macron.

HDQQ

Using 'Franglais' in serious politics is disrespectful and I bet Macron thinks Johnson is a real 'rosbif' of the worst kind!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on September 23, 2021, 07:02:09 PM
He did.

He told the French to f**k off.

It would have been nice if he had waited until next month (25th October in particular), but it looks as though Boris is back on form.  :)

Or the 21st. I admit both share a common factor in which superior military technology played a part. In reality farting in our general direction was never going to work, we stank like skunks already
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 23, 2021, 03:24:41 PM
I don't need him to be popular - just do the job.

He did.

He told the French to f**k off.

It would have been nice if he had waited until next month (25th October in particular), but it looks as though Boris is back on form.  :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 23, 2021, 03:02:49 PM

His Franglais is a bit off though.

One gets a grip. One does not take it.

So gagnez un grip (in this case "gain" a grip)
My guess is that Boris's remark was for a wider English-speaking audience as there's no direct equivalent in French of "get a grip" — or my take on his meaning: "stop getting your knickers in a twist".     

Though I doubt even "arrête de tourner ta culotte" wouldn't atteindre le spot as a reproof...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I just wish BJ could string a sentence together without his habit of trying to make what he is saying somehow more user friendly, as if by downgrading it he appeals to the masses. Yesterday it was ridiculous Frenglish and in the States it was reference to Kermit the Frog. All of which I am sure he thinks confirms him as a man of the people but in fact simply makes him and by reflection us look just a bit silly.
He either stands up on his hindlegs as a PM and gives it straight from the hip or he hits the backbenches, or preferably a newspaper column,  and plays the fool. The two simply don't sit well together. What really grates is the fact that he has perfectly acceptable French and has no need to either insult our intelligence or France's. I don't need him to be popular - just do the job.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on September 22, 2021, 08:09:14 PM
  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58654624

Which is a bit unfair because Macron is facing an election in six months and there is not a lot else he can do, other than throwing a queanie.

That said, kicking the frogs in the balls won't lose Boris any votes either  :)

His Franglais is a bit off though.

One gets a grip. One does not take it.

So gagnez un grip (in this case "gain" a grip)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>