Main Menu

BP rationing

Started by T00ts, September 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 25, 2021, 09:03:35 PM
Well due to panic buying my store's garage ran out of all fuel today. A tanker that was expected to arrive this morning was cancelled. Make of that what you will.

on a serious note people are strange steve. How many times during the last two years of this pandemic have we seen this behaviour all started by sharon on facebook causing panic buying?

As for the tanker allegedly being cancelled , i take your word for it but what are you implying?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on September 25, 2021, 09:50:42 AM
Having opened the thread I thought I would update it with a comment from a friend of my daughter's.

So, after seeing the news last night about fuel shortages, I popped in to Tesco at 0530 when I should have been sleeping! I spoke to a very nice tanker driver who was rather informative and told me that the boats carrying fuel are arriving daily at Plymouth, the two depots in Plymouth are extremely well stocked and there is no shortage of drivers. His only concern was news articles misleading the public. He finished by explaining that it is only BP who have issues. Back to bed....
Well due to panic buying my store's garage ran out of all fuel today. A tanker that was expected to arrive this morning was cancelled. Make of that what you will.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Someone said the bbc once let a journalist called Nick childs Write an article about nigerian girls who were kidnapped. :D

Thomas

Honestly im greeting here reading some of this stuff.

Thomas

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Thomas on September 25, 2021, 02:59:14 PM
BBC Scotland are on the ball sheepy.

They have just sent their reporter Phil mcCann down to see whats happening at the pumps. :D

:D

patman post

As long as it keeps running, we're (she's) happy.
She bought some winter wheels thinking London in winter would be like back home for her. They weren't needed, of course, but she had to try them — only to discover she needed to get all four TPMS inserts re programmed to stop the monitor dash-alarm flashing. 
Seems to me that some features it's illegal not to have working if they're fitted, are more of a hindrance than a safety feature...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2021, 03:22:43 PMEven before this latest shortage, Mrs has managed to run totally on battery and it's now telling her to add at least 15 ltrs to the tank as what's in the tank is getting old — looks like we'll have try and fool the system by siphoning some fuel out and pouring it back in...
Inflexible software is going to make that car a PITA.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 24, 2021, 09:12:30 PM
Really? You don't say.
Don't most sane people store petrol in the house,preferably next to the boiler or  kitchen stove.
GMS

:D

Are you going to be the first mod to "snap" with him cromwell?

I do admire your patience . :D

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2021, 03:27:35 PM
Yes, I've driven a 10 tonner with a dozen Gurkhas in the back.
What has that or the panic in Helston got to do with your false statement about truck stops?

That is not the same as driving a 44tonne articulated lorry long distances on British roads (What false statement about British truck stops.)  There are now fewer of them than there used to be and most of the ones left have poor facilities. That has be made VERY clear in news bulletins and current affairs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-57587253

He says: "The truck stops are getting less and less and less, but, by six, seven o'clock at night, most truck stops full up. So you are then turned away.

"If you're at the end of you're working day and you've only got minutes left on you driving duty time, you've got nowhere to go."

https://www.truckanddriver.co.uk/latest-stories/government-councils-stop-passing-buck-truck-stops-says-unite/

A lack of adequate truck stops is resulting in lorry drivers being forced to park in industrial estates, lay-bys and even in residential roads, where they have no welfare facilities, which damages their health and results in wider environmental implications, say Unite.

Back in 2011, the Department for Transport (DfT) published a survey on the lack of truck stops and found that in a given period there were 5,676 trucks parked in non-truck stop locations. The regions with the highest level of off-site lorry parking were the southeast, eastern England and the East Midlands.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 01:02:46 PM
But have you ever driven truck for a living?
Total panic at the petrol stations in the nearest town to where I live, queues out on to the roads.

Yes, I've driven a 10 tonner with a dozen Gurkhas in the back.
What has that or the panic in Helston got to do with your false statement about truck stops?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on September 25, 2021, 09:50:42 AM
Having opened the thread I thought I would update it with a comment from a friend of my daughter's.

So, after seeing the news last night about fuel shortages, I popped in to Tesco at 0530 when I should have been sleeping! I spoke to a very nice tanker driver who was rather informative and told me that the boats carrying fuel are arriving daily at Plymouth, the two depots in Plymouth are extremely well stocked and there is no shortage of drivers. His only concern was news articles misleading the public. He finished by explaining that it is only BP who have issues. Back to bed....
I don't doubt excess and panic buying is causing chaos on forecourts, but I don't fully accept your tanker driver's narrative. BP is not the only brand to be affected. Tesco and Exxon have also issued apologies for the disruption at a small number of their fuel outlets.   

Personal experience is that there is more traffic around and there are bigger queues at petrol stations — but Hackney has taken leave of its senses and blocked main thoroughfares to through traffic, ghettoised block of residential streets (so that resident drivers can only enter and exit via the one-way A10), and removed stretches of residential parking. 

Even before this latest shortage, Mrs has managed to run totally on battery and it's now telling her to add at least 15 ltrs to the tank as what's in the tank is getting old — looks like we'll have try and fool the system by siphoning some fuel out and pouring it back in...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on September 25, 2021, 03:00:24 PM
Dont worry about it pappy.

If anyone can get the story , phils mate gerry can.
You're a naughty man Thomas but you can't fuel us you're playing on words here. :P

In more serious news at least one chain are limiting drivers to purchasing £30 of fuel and more may follow.

Sounds good but like smurf saying you're only allowed to fill one can people will get round this by going to multiple forecourts.

Imo the media have driven a lot of this and other agendas.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2021, 09:05:11 AM
Who is phil mcCann?

Dont worry about it pappy.

If anyone can get the story , phils mate gerry can.