Main Menu

BP rationing

Started by T00ts, September 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

T00ts,Borky,Baz,you've all got the attention span of a goldfish :P post#36and they'll then just go to another filling station.....wouldn't mind Borky but you thanked the post
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2021, 01:00:50 PM
I just heard a caller on the radio suggest that rationing should be by limiting the minimum purchase to £50. That makes sense to me.
That is a reasonable idea, but the most I have ever got in my car is £45.37, so perhaps £40 would be a "refinement".
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 07:33:33 PMWhat food and fuel shortages?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2021, 01:00:50 PM
I just heard a caller on the radio suggest that rationing should be by limiting the minimum purchase to £50. That makes sense to me.
That makes sense to me as well. That way folk would spend less time queuing for fuel.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Borchester

Oh dear oh dear.

She has taken the motor out, filled up with petrol and is currently rolling around the floor due to the terrible blow she suffered to her wallet.

Wonderful lass, but I tell you, she does not like spending money.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on September 27, 2021, 08:26:38 AM
My cousin was saying this over the weekend , but could it be big business manufacturing a situation to get back an unlimited supply of cheap foreign labour?

There is no shortage of drivers , just a shortage of people willing to work for next to nothing.

Wasnt old labour in the early eighties saying the same thing about the then european community that it was a capitalist project designed to run down the working conditions of the working class and undermine them with cheap foreign labour?

Until kinnock turned labour pro EU in 1988?
Got it in one Thomas that daft T@@@ at BP should be charged with incitement.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 08:16:49 PM
OMG!! Brexit is worse than I thought, it's affected the US.

its all trumps fault quackers said :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on September 26, 2021, 08:53:49 PM
Well my store had a delivery overnight, but panic buying resumed this morning. And by the time I left we had no momentum left and both diesel and unleaded was running dry again.

My cousin was saying this over the weekend , but could it be big business manufacturing a situation to get back an unlimited supply of cheap foreign labour?

There is no shortage of drivers , just a shortage of people willing to work for next to nothing.

Wasnt old labour in the early eighties saying the same thing about the then european community that it was a capitalist project designed to run down the working conditions of the working class and undermine them with cheap foreign labour?

Until kinnock turned labour pro EU in 1988?

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on September 26, 2021, 11:01:17 PM
Bloody Yanks are stealing our drivers ! Is this what we stormed Breed's Hill and fought the battle of Boston Harbor for?
Well maybe we should fill a few cans up over and burn down the white house......again. ;)

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 08:16:49 PM
OMG!! Brexit is worse than I thought, it's affected the US.

Bloody Yanks are stealing our drivers ! Is this what we stormed Breed's Hill and fought the battle of Boston Harbor for?
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Well my store had a delivery overnight, but panic buying resumed this morning. And by the time I left we had no momentum left and both diesel and unleaded was running dry again.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

QuoteA Trucking Crisis Has the U.S. Looking for More Drivers Abroad

A shortage of truckers across the U.S. has become so severe that companies are trying to bring in drivers from abroad like seemingly never before.

For the first time in her 10-year trucking career, Holly McCormick has found herself coordinating with an agency in South Africa to source foreign drivers. A recruiter for Groendyke Transport Inc., McCormick has doubled her budget since the pandemic and is still having trouble finding candidates.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-02/a-trucking-crisis-has-the-u-s-looking-for-more-drivers-abroad

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.