Main Menu

BP rationing

Started by T00ts, September 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 08:59:56 PM
not a good image for the Tories if the govt can't turn things around before the image sticks...

until the yookay public look at the alternative , and think feck me the tories are crap , but rather them than labour.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 09:16:48 PM
Perception can be just as effective as reality — but in this case, the govt claiming that because fuel is stashed in silos and available if and when tankers can collect and distribute it, means fuel is not in short supply is obviously a terminological inexactitude...
What do you really think, Pat?
Do you think there is a shortage of fuel?
Do you think that BP spoke out of turn, because until they did there was no problem?
Why do you think they are saying the crisis will be over in 2 days, if there are no tanker drivers?

People have been filling up with less than £4! That is what is causing the problem. Filling up before you're down to 1/4 because of something one saw on facebot. Despicable.

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 09:16:48 PM
Perception can be just as effective as reality — but in this case, the govt claiming that because fuel is stashed in silos and available if and when tankers can collect and distribute it, means fuel is not in short supply is obviously a terminological inexactitude...

The guy at my local garage has said people are buying at 5 times their usual rate. That's not a government or reserve issue, it's an 'arseholes at the pump' issue.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 08:59:56 PM
So users are going short. If that's not a shortage — ie, not enough to satisfy demand, however caused — I'm not clear what other description the widespread lack of petrol and diesel could be given.

Besides, the public perceives queues are petrol stations as being caused by fuel shortages — not a good image for the Tories if the govt can't turn things around before the image sticks...

Perception isn't reality.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2021, 06:49:23 PM
The thing is you can't, and that's why you chose that response. There is no shortage, it just can't be delivered because idiots are buying it 5 times faster than normal.
So users are going short. If that's not a shortage — ie, not enough to satisfy demand, however caused — I'm not clear what other description the widespread lack of petrol and diesel could be given.

Besides, the public perceives queues are petrol stations as being caused by fuel shortages — not a good image for the Tories if the govt can't turn things around before the image sticks...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2021, 01:00:50 PM
I just heard a caller on the radio suggest that rationing should be by limiting the minimum purchase to £50. That makes sense to me.

That doesn't help me, who was supposed to drive to London today for business. It will be back to normal tomorrow as all the hoarders can't hoard anymore.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 01:49:22 PM
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...

The thing is you can't, and that's why you chose that response. There is no shortage, it just can't be delivered because idiots are buying it 5 times faster than normal.

patman post

There are bunkered fuel supplies for the emergency services, but I doubt they're in every location. And won't they be running low too?
Also I know that ambulance and Police staff do refuel at normal commercial outlets using a (govt?) charge card because I've seen them...

Barry

I'm surprised by Fire Police and Ambulances using commercial fuel outlets.
My experience was that the FB had diesel pumps of their own, the police had petrol pumps at all major police stations.
Emergency services should have their own supplies again. When did that happen, putting core services at risk?
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2021, 04:33:19 PMBaz,you've all got the attention span of a goldfish
I'll ignore your rudeness and nasty and vicious personal attack, all I would say is I am receiving a State Pension and that's my excuse. :)
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2021, 04:49:15 PM
Well it's the can can merchants too,just looked at screwfix and Jerry cans are sold out.....what a surprise. :)

I saw a vid of some woman filling large plastic water bottles today. Let's hope the Fire Stations don't run short of fuel.

patman post

Minimum £50 charge, then close all forecourts for three days from midnight Tuesday to allow tankers to get round as many outlets as possible — allow access to emergency vehicles only. Open up again at 12.01 am Saturday...

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 27, 2021, 04:40:02 PM
Well they are doing that anyway surely! Many ordinary sized cars would be pretty full on £50 unless the price rises further. Del vans, coaches, trucks emergency vehicles/police should take priority of course. I heard today that coaches do only 8mpg which was a bit mind boggling. They are saying that 3 days should see the end of it.  I wonder.
Well it's the can can merchants too,just looked at screwfix and Jerry cans are sold out.....what a surprise. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2021, 04:33:19 PM
T00ts,Borky,Baz,you've all got the attention span of a goldfish :P post#36and they'll then just go to another filling station.....wouldn't mind Borky but you thanked the post

Well they are doing that anyway surely! Many ordinary sized cars would be pretty full on £50 unless the price rises further. Del vans, coaches, trucks emergency vehicles/police should take priority of course. I heard today that coaches do only 8mpg which was a bit mind boggling. They are saying that 3 days should see the end of it.  I wonder.