BP rationing

Started by T00ts, September 23, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Nick

I'm guessing fuels going to be around the £2.50 mark the next time he'll be buying any.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on September 29, 2021, 08:07:44 PM
Wow what a civilisation we are
https://youtu.be/pq4H0PemMHw

Budgens does tend to be a bit pricey, but they have a good range.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 29, 2021, 08:07:44 PM
Wow what a civilisation we are
https://youtu.be/pq4H0PemMHw

What makes someone behave like that? Are they drugged or drunk or just out of control? I don't understand how they don't feel really bad at such behaviour. It's not our civilisation it is only some. The majority don't behave that way.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 28, 2021, 03:26:17 PM
Well not like we should actually be concerned about who is engineering each crisis, oh no Boris has it all under control, his chums in the media are just helping him out.  ::)

Aldi saying no problems deliveries as normal......

The boss of supermarket chain Aldi UK has told the BBC he doesn't envisage any disruption for customers this Christmas.

There have been dire warnings about food shortages and empty shelves due to a chronic shortage of heavy goods vehicle (HGV) lorry drivers.

But chief executive Giles Hurley says his deliveries are moving as normal.

"There's no doubt current circumstances are testing the industry...but it's business as usual for us," he said.

Like many other retailers, Aldi, Britain's fifth biggest supermarket, had to increase salaries for its delivery drivers, however it won't reveal by how much.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58701889
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 28, 2021, 03:15:23 PM
is the truth finally leaking out toots?

HGV boss is accused of triggering petrol pump crisis: Ministers point the finger at ex-BBC man and diehard Remainer who 'leaked remarks made by a BP executive at a private Government meeting'

Ministers say Rod McKenzie selectively leaked remarks made by BP executive at private Government meeting
    Senior sources suggested ex-BBC boss 'weaponised' the comments to deflect blame for UK's supply chaos
    Mr McKenzie, who ran BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat before joining the Road Haulage Association, denied the claim
    As managing director of policy for the RHA, he has blamed post-Brexit immigration restrictions for the crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028661/HGV-boss-accused-triggering-petrol-pump-crisis-Ministers-point-finger-ex-BBC-man.html

I think mr BP is determined to get back his cheap labour so he can continue to exploit them , while hysterical remainers continue to weaponise any problems they can.

Fuel shortage  :D

Well not like we should actually be concerned about who is engineering each crisis, oh no Boris has it all under control, his chums in the media are just helping him out.  ::)
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2021, 09:47:15 AM
Oh yes I agree - I am certain that would not have been the aim but it might go some way to explain the Gov's inactivity in allowing it to escalate to the extent that it has. I do hate conspiracy theories as a rule - but BJ is hell bent on his green policies.

is the truth finally leaking out toots?

HGV boss is accused of triggering petrol pump crisis: Ministers point the finger at ex-BBC man and diehard Remainer who 'leaked remarks made by a BP executive at a private Government meeting'

Ministers say Rod McKenzie selectively leaked remarks made by BP executive at private Government meeting
    Senior sources suggested ex-BBC boss 'weaponised' the comments to deflect blame for UK's supply chaos
    Mr McKenzie, who ran BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat before joining the Road Haulage Association, denied the claim
    As managing director of policy for the RHA, he has blamed post-Brexit immigration restrictions for the crisis

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028661/HGV-boss-accused-triggering-petrol-pump-crisis-Ministers-point-finger-ex-BBC-man.html

I think mr BP is determined to get back his cheap labour so he can continue to exploit them , while hysterical remainers continue to weaponise any problems they can.

Fuel shortage  :D

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2021, 09:40:55 PM
What do you really think, Pat?
Do you think there is a shortage of fuel?
Do you think that BP spoke out of turn, because until they did there was no problem?
Why do you think they are saying the crisis will be over in 2 days, if there are no tanker drivers?

People have been filling up with less than £4! That is what is causing the problem. Filling up before you're down to 1/4 because of something one saw on facebot. Despicable.
There is obviously a shortage of fuel where it is needed.   

As a a quoted company, BP has a duty to keep the market informed on changes affecting its operations.

BP statement 24 September 2021 
We are experiencing some fuel supply issues at some of our retail sites in the UK and unfortunately have therefore seen some sites temporarily close due to a lack of both unleaded and diesel grades. 
These have been caused by some delays in the supply chain which has been impacted by the industry-wide driver shortages across the UK and there are many actions being taken to address the issue. 
We continue to work with our haulier supplier to minimise any future disruption and to ensure efficient and effective deliveries to serve our customers. We are prioritising deliveries to sites with largest demand and seeking to minimise the duration of stock outs. 
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

BP p.l.c.
Copyright © 2021 

As the BP retail site closures happened before the statement was made and were caused by "delays in the supply chain which has been impacted by the industry-wide driver shortages across the UK",  it seems clear that the lack of fuel was not initiated by panic buying, but by the shortage of tanker drivers...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2021, 09:27:33 AM
Not sure BP would stir things up only to force people towards electric and ultimately put them out of business.

Oh yes I agree - I am certain that would not have been the aim but it might go some way to explain the Gov's inactivity in allowing it to escalate to the extent that it has. I do hate conspiracy theories as a rule - but BJ is hell bent on his green policies.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2021, 09:13:43 AM
On the face of it this whole mess was caused by loose lips yet this morning I read that the numbers of people looking at electric car sites has risen substantially over the last couple of days, and of course there are reports of electric car owners looking a bit smug. Maybe there is the ulterior motive.

Not sure BP would stir things up only to force people towards electric and ultimately put them out of business.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

On the face of it this whole mess was caused by loose lips yet this morning I read that the numbers of people looking at electric car sites has risen substantially over the last couple of days, and of course there are reports of electric car owners looking a bit smug. Maybe there is the ulterior motive.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2021, 09:36:22 PM
The guy at my local garage has said people are buying at 5 times their usual rate. That's not a government or reserve issue, it's an 'arseholes at the pump' issue.

I reckon the uk government will be fine over this despite pats wishfull thinking. The perception is this is "abnormal" demand , being fuelled( pardon the pun) by idiots in hysterical mode as you say nick.

Same as the bog roll issue.