Political Party Conferences, there appears to be no live continuous TV coverage.

Started by papasmurf, September 25, 2021, 01:14:28 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on September 28, 2021, 08:16:45 AM
Does anyone care about the bbc john?

I find some of their output useful as a stick to beat them with. That's about it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2021, 11:21:47 AM
I read this morning that Starmer is planning to 'channel Tony Blair'. Poor misguided fellow that he is. How does he look at himself in the mornings? It doesn't matter what he says in order to resurrect the Blair 'magic' he simply doesn't have Blair's acting talent.

Both he and Macron attended the same acting school of politics while poor Starmer, who I am sure is basically a good man, has feet of clay. I feel sorry for Labour and for Starmer in particular. Surely he is in an impossible position created by a block of poor leaders from Blair onwards. Like the German Christian Democrats they are falling between two stools and at present simply don't have a future. British politics will be the loser in this.
You are correct T00ts Starmer is indeed between two stools Bliar & Mandelson but I have a different kind of stool in mind to yours. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I read this morning that Starmer is planning to 'channel Tony Blair'. Poor misguided fellow that he is. How does he look at himself in the mornings? It doesn't matter what he says in order to resurrect the Blair 'magic' he simply doesn't have Blair's acting talent.

Both he and Macron attended the same acting school of politics while poor Starmer, who I am sure is basically a good man, has feet of clay. I feel sorry for Labour and for Starmer in particular. Surely he is in an impossible position created by a block of poor leaders from Blair onwards. Like the German Christian Democrats they are falling between two stools and at present simply don't have a future. British politics will be the loser in this.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 28, 2021, 12:05:41 AM

I wonder if the BbC have decided not to bother in the face of these party offerings.

Does anyone care about the bbc john?

Their descent into irrelevance continues unabated . One thing i did read though yesterday in the  scottish media was the uproar being caused by the bbc determined to make a documentry about jimmy saville.

So with viewing figures restricted to a certain age group  , coupled with demands for the scrapping of the tv licence and the bbc reputation shot to pieces over the last decade if not more , its great seeing the bbc continue to shoot itself in both feet as ever.

As for pappy this is the same guy who constantly claims media bias and says he doesnt listen/watch/read  the media once again making himself look foolish by demanding to know why the media arent showing his beloved labour parties conference on tv. :D

Pappy is not and never has been a member of any political party. ;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2021, 01:14:28 PM
This year there appears to be no live continuous TV coverage of political party conferences on TV.
Does anyone know why please.?

I do not know why.

But it seems to me the sort of coverage that was available in BBc2 about 40 years ago stopped many years since. And conferences are now about half the time they once were.

I presume it is because such things are of little relevance in the real world.

EDIT

I must be bored. I actually went looking.

It seems every political party under the sun took advantage of zoom or similar last year, and now offers the members live stream access, and others something similar for a fee

The Tories think people will pay £800 for a day pass to exclusive content.

I wonder if the BbC have decided not to bother in the face of these party offerings.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2021, 07:47:33 AM
It was a repeat,every time I turn the telly on it's the same....loads of channels nearly all repeats. ;D

Thats cause he isnt really reading the thread , its all about him making an announcement and us all having to listen. :D  ratcliff only said the same feckin thing two posts before. ::)

Typical quackers.

Maybe we should get him a special "virtual " podium to pontificate from without any dissent in return?

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on September 27, 2021, 07:42:19 AM
Thats already been said .
It was a repeat,every time I turn the telly on it's the same....loads of channels nearly all repeats. ;D

Thomas

HDQQ

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2021, 01:14:28 PM
This year there appears to be no live continuous TV coverage of political party conferences on TV.
Does anyone know why please.?
Because nobody would watch them.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

Quote from: Ratcliff on September 25, 2021, 06:54:58 PM
------------------------------

Because no-one except the odd very sad non driver without a working/ social life or petrol to panic buy would watch it ?
:)

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2021, 01:14:28 PMDoes anyone know why please.?
------------------------------

Because no-one except the odd very sad non driver without a working/ social life or petrol to panic buy would watch it ?

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 25, 2021, 04:23:27 PM
there's still plenty of journalists of many political persuasions covering the conference.   

That is the problem putting their spin on it, without a continuous live broadcast being available.  The BBC is a public service broadcaster and the live broadcasting of political party conferences should be a legal requirement.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Barry on September 25, 2021, 02:40:37 PM
There was no room in the venue for camera crew at the Lib Dem conference, as they met in a telephone kiosk.  ;D
Not this one, I bet... 

London, Cranbourn Street Benjamin Shine's giraffe telephone box June 2012  Stock Photo - Alamy866 × 1390
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...