EU caught lying about vaccination figures

Started by Thomas, September 26, 2021, 09:42:39 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 11:52:36 AM
And no one is talking about the elephant in the room... AI. The haulage industry is going to be the first industry to be driverless due to AI, of course people are getting out of the industry. At first it will be convoys with a driver at the head of 4 or 5 trucks but eventually it will be fully automated, and who in their right mind is going to return to or start up in an industry that has a couple of years at most to run?

possibly nick , but i wouldnt hold your breath for it anytime soon in my opinion.

For all these "driverless" trucks you are talking about , you need the road infrastructure , and the uk has some of the worst roads in western europe.

For twenty years  , what was once a respected job , the pay and conditions have been gradually deteriorating  , like in so many other areas , so its no wonder so many have bailed out the transport industry.

There is no quick fix in my opinion , but certainly im not sure technology is going to solve this transport crises anytime soon.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on September 26, 2021, 09:59:11 AM
Gerry will be back on in a minute once he gets the vpn set from his house in kent  to tell us why we are all wrong and the eu is right.

And no one is talking about the elephant in the room... AI. The haulage industry is going to be the first industry to be driverless due to AI, of course people are getting out of the industry. At first it will be convoys with a driver at the head of 4 or 5 trucks but eventually it will be fully automated, and who in their right mind is going to return to or start up in an industry that has a couple of years at most to run?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 09:54:14 AM
This must be wrong surely,the eu never suffers any shortages or discrepancies that sort of abject failure is only reserved for 3rd countries especially recently departed members.

Some one will be along shortly to tell you their is no problem your totally wrong and in there opinion yule regret this. ;)

Gerry will be back on in a minute once he gets the vpn set from his house in kent  to tell us why we are all wrong and the eu is right.

Thomas

and regarding the lorry driver issue ..........

an old article by polly dear in the guardian from 5 years back......talk about chickens coming home to roost?
A mirror vision of industrial failure – the UK lorry trade

QuoteNo unions to force pay and conditions, no state intervention to rescue an industry in crisis – who'd be a truck driver?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/02/industrial-failure-uk-lorry-trade-truck-driver-squalor-low-pay-no-unions

QuoteFailure to train staff is a UK industrial disease
I spoke to Mick Johnson, an agency driver from Grimsby, who says he finds eastern Europeans at the bottom of the chain, paid Latvian rates of €1.20 an hour, living in their cabs for three months. His union says some foreign drivers' bonded terms amount to modern slavery.

bonded terms amount to modern slavery?

Why should UK business pay to train staff when they can get ready trained ones, willing to work for peanuts and suffer crap conditions, from the EU?

Its all brexit fault i tell ya!!! :D

cromwell

This must be wrong surely,the eu never suffers any shortages or discrepancies that sort of abject failure is only reserved for 3rd countries especially recently departed members.

Some one will be along shortly to tell you their is no problem your totally wrong and in there opinion yule regret this. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Thomas

Has the EU really vaccinated 70 percent of adults against coronavirus?

The EU's official data source for vaccination statistics doesn't back up the much-hyped target.

Our World in Data, which is trusted by international organizations, including the World Health Organization for its pandemic data, calculates that 57.7 percent of the EU's entire population have been fully vaccinated as of August 31. The site's Head of Data Edouard Mathieu is also skeptical that the EU has hit the magic 70 percent for the adult population. "Looking at the number of adults in the EU according to the latest U.N. population estimates and the number of fully vaccinated people in different age groups in the available datasets, it does not seem plausible that 70 percent of adults are fully vaccinated yet," he said.

Asked about the apparent discrepancy, a European Commission spokesperson said that there is a lag of a few days in the data on the ECDC website and the corresponding public data set lag of several days. This would explain the lower number of registered vaccinations, the spokesperson noted.

https://www.politico.eu/article/has-the-eu-really-vaccinated-70-percent-of-adults-against-coronavirus/