You can take the girl…..

Started by Nick, September 26, 2021, 12:30:05 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 07:46:06 PM
I actually thought you might be one of the few people that would get it.

Her or any of the Labour peoples reaction isn't the issue.

I agree what you said to toots. I dont agree what you said to nick for reasons already stated , which is the same point effectively deppity has said to you cromwell.

The thing is cromwell , this is a pr disaster for labour this conference. Starmers inteview on marr and rayner gobbing off etc , while all you hear of any potential labour policy is that starmer and co are refusing to renationalise the big six energy companies , wurzel being heckled in a tent by his mad brother etc etc it really is game over for this party and their latest re heated version of blairism designed to deal with the yookays ills.

For the record cromwell , as many have said , regarding rayner , she is effectively calling people like you in the old red wall seats scum for supporting brexit and tory.

As i said , boris must be laughing himself to sleep every night watching this shit show that opposes him.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on September 26, 2021, 07:15:49 PM
Its not the accent she speaks in thats the problem. The problem is that if anyone dared to speak like that about her (or anyone else in her party/retinue) simply because that don't agree with her views, she'd be the first howling, along with the rest of her party. Its not about her class or her accent, its about the utter hypocrisy of the modern left
I actually thought you might be one of the few people that would get it.

Her or any of the Labour peoples reaction isn't the issue.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 02:37:49 PMStill if you do it in a posh accent that's fine.

Its not the accent she speaks in thats the problem. The problem is that if anyone dared to speak like that about her (or anyone else in her party/retinue) simply because that don't agree with her views, she'd be the first howling, along with the rest of her party. Its not about her class or her accent, its about the utter hypocrisy of the modern left

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on September 26, 2021, 06:29:36 PM
Oh silly me, I thought the thread was about what Angela Rayner had said.
No not silly but I was pointing out the national anthem wasn't ........oh never mind. :)

Sheepy

Oh silly me, I thought the thread was about what Angela Rayner had said.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on September 26, 2021, 05:51:59 PM
I doubt it, it created the reaction from the Tories as planned. I just thought it only right to be fair about it.
Well since I'm not a Tory nor labour anymore that's great,the fact I was answering on redwood a point T00ts made nothing to do with her scum comment.........Rayner made not T00ts  :) seems to have passed by a few.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 05:47:02 PM
another one with lack of comprehension skills.
I doubt it, it created the reaction from the Tories as planned. I just thought it only right to be fair about it.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on September 26, 2021, 05:35:16 PM
I think this post should go on the missing list.
another one with lack of comprehension skills.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 12:30:05 PM
Angela Rayner again showing her class. Once a back street scrubber always a back street scrubber. Regardless of what you think, as deputy leader you have to to keep your cool and show a bit of class, she can't. It's a shame really cause I quite like her.

She is one of the  reasons the Tories will continue in government . Until Labour ,or anyone else for that matter , put forward candidates that appeal rather than annoy then we are stuck with them . Rayner might go down well while gobbing off in front of Labour party members but thats as far as it goes , she is not going to attract any votes they don't already have .

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 05:09:50 PM
And if you'd read my reply properly you'd know I didn't say that. :P :P :P :P
I think this post should go on the missing list.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 03:59:42 PM
Slightly different, not knowing a foreign national anthem isn't the same as calling another MP scum.
And if you'd read my reply properly you'd know I didn't say that. :P :P :P :P

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 02:37:49 PMWhether you know the words or not,are inclined to bow or curtesy doesn't denote class or the lack of it

You are right it does not of itself, but if she were PM how she chooses to conduct herself and her words represents us all. She lacks on all fronts.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 02:37:49 PM

Is redwood classless?

Redwood was then Secretary of State for Wales

He showed an utter failure of comprehension of the essentials of his job and its historical perspective on several occasions.

I don't give a monkeys nut if he knew the Welsh national anthem. His ignorance of it testifies to the strength of the United Kingdom Government in ignoring the Welsh language as a qualification for government. This is to be applauded. In North Wales coastal resorts lifeguards that cannot swim are given jobs as lifeguards because they are the only applicants that can speak Welsh, and this is acceptable as only the worthless English would go swimming in those seas. Well that's what Max Boyce said in the Millennium Theatre .....

But the arse failed miserably not for his lack of knowledge of the welsh language, but for his lack of knowledge of Welsh history.

Within a month of starring in that video clip, the arse stood up at the end of no less a place that Water Street, Carmarthen, to announce his party policy on road pricing.

Water Street., Carmarthen, was one of several candidates to be called the birthplace of the Rebeccah Riots. Tollgates and rising tolls levied gave rise to a situation where the tolls levied on a waggon of vegetables taken to market exceeded the selling price of the whole cargo.

The large number of pubs on the street at that time was no doubt a contributory factor to what next occurred, but suffice to say numerous men dressed in women's clothes and calling each other Rebeccah marched to the turnpike and gave the till keeper the option of deserting his post, or being burnt alive in it. He chose the former.

Of ALL the places a Welsh minister could pick to launch that policy....

Many on the inside - my wife included for she was still then a Welsh office civil servant - feel he was fitted up in this speech. Certainly it was a strange time to pick to launch it, coming as it did during the opening ceremonies for the new West Wales office of the Welsh office ..

But priceless for those who had studied the events in the past !!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 02:37:49 PM
Back street scrubber? Politicians have always shouted the odds at each other and played to the gallery.
Still if you do it in a posh accent that's fine.
Whether you know the words or not,are inclined to bow or curtesy doesn't denote class or the lack of it.
Is redwood classless?
https://youtu.be/WFP5MjUuzsg

Slightly different, not knowing a foreign national anthem isn't the same as calling another MP scum.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 12:30:05 PM
Angela Rayner again showing her class. Once a back street scrubber always a back street scrubber. Regardless of what you think, as deputy leader you have to to keep your cool and show a bit of class, she can't. It's a shame really cause I quite like her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58697307
Back street scrubber? Politicians have always shouted the odds at each other and played to the gallery.
Still if you do it in a posh accent that's fine.

Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2021, 12:33:38 PM
2 questions - Does she know the words to the national anthem and could she manage a curtsey to the Queen? She says she would make a better PM than BJ - imagine her representing this country! It doesn't bear thinking about. Class? I doubt she can even spell it.
Whether you know the words or not,are inclined to bow or curtesy doesn't denote class or the lack of it.
Is redwood classless?
https://youtu.be/WFP5MjUuzsg