You can take the girl…..

Started by Nick, September 26, 2021, 12:30:05 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

I couldn't care less if she is a scrubber,she wasn't snide about it which cannot be said for everyone in and around politics, but the faux outrage is a little something to behold, after all the Tories are well known as the nasty party.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 10:59:56 PM
I already did and posted in my other reply.

"Scrubber" is probably of British origin, used as a detrogatory term to describe scullery maids or other low-ranking women in domestic service.
Oh come on  Nick you've worked in enough situations to be perfectly aware what the term "scrubber" means........and you didn't look hard enough
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/scrubber :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 10:55:29 PM
As you and everyone on here know I'm a cold callous capitalist, liking someone or a party has no bearing on how I vote. I'll vote for the party that serves me and mine best, simple as. Is that not true capitalism?

When it comes to voting, I have no clue how informed the electorate are, I'd guess not very, maybe SW is best to answer that one, but the language she uses will definitely not bring the red wall back.
Well your views are just that and you're entitled to them ,it's not criminal or wrong and if people don't like them then that's their problem ain't it.

My argument was not that but assumptions.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 10:42:30 PMAnyway a scrubber or slapper is slang  for a promiscuous woman or prostitute ......look it up

I already did and posted in my other reply.

"Scrubber" is probably of British origin, used as a detrogatory term to describe scullery maids or other low-ranking women in domestic service.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 09:52:47 PMUnlike Nick I don't really like Rayner or what labour has become.
But then I don't much like the tories either I would hope better for my country but don't see many likely candidates,certainly not from the far left or right.

As you and everyone on here know I'm a cold callous capitalist, liking someone or a party has no bearing on how I vote. I'll vote for the party that serves me and mine best, simple as. Is that not true capitalism?

When it comes to voting, I have no clue how informed the electorate are, I'd guess not very, maybe SW is best to answer that one, but the language she uses will definitely not bring the red wall back.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 10:27:00 PM
I never uttered the word Manchester, that is you filling in your own blanks. Initially I was going to put Stockport but I thought I'd leave it open and use it as a general dig. If that's what your posts have been about then I would suggest you read the OP title.
yeah I did fill it in because that's the way that works and yeah you're right she is originally from Stockport......my bad

Anyway a scrubber or slapper is slang  for a promiscuous woman or prostitute ......look it up

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 08:24:15 PMI thought I'd got it across in my reply to Nick in the macron thread i.e. the assumption that because of her background that she is a slapper the definition being a vulgar or coarse woman who engages in many casual sexual encounters.

It gets worse... Again, I never mentioned the word slapped 😂. I said she was a scrubber, meaning ' low-ranking women in domestic service.' It's actually more fitting than I thought 😆

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 08:24:15 PMNo Thomas the thread title by Nick was "You can take the girl out of Manchester (but not Manchester out of the girl) "

I never uttered the word Manchester, that is you filling in your own blanks. Initially I was going to put Stockport but I thought I'd leave it open and use it as a general dig. If that's what your posts have been about then I would suggest you read the OP title.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 09:52:47 PM
Why thank you T00ts and I hope if we ever met you might still think well of me.

I am not defending her words or any other MP of any side wha made such statements and more than a few have.

I only wished to highlight false assumptions,I guess I pretty much wasted my time.

Unlike Nick I don't really like Rayner or what labour has become.
But then I don't much like the tories either I would hope better for my country but don't see many likely candidates,certainly not from the far left or right.

I'm getting past my sell by date but these things still matter to me. :P :) :) :)

I actually think Raynor has done Labour a great service. Or should I say Conservatives - but then their Conference is still to come. Let's see how they conduct themselves.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2021, 09:34:33 PM
Cromwell you prove my point. No matter where you were brought/or dragged up you decided to be a gentleman. That is largely shown by your general demeanor here on this Forum. Perhaps if I met you in person I would change my mind.  Dancing  My father was one of 9 brought up in Cheshire where rough was rough! Again he made the decision and was a gentleman (though not particularly gentle if you get my meaning). This lady has shown herself to have absolutely no idea how to comport herself in her public position. She showed it in the HofC last week and she has proved it again now.

It is not Manchester's fault all gutters are the same. One of my very best friends - I was her bridesmaid years ago - was a Mancunian. I myself was raised in a rough council estate until my teens, it's a choice this lady needs to make if she is going to aim for public office unfortunately her mark is made and it's too late.
Why thank you T00ts and I hope if we ever met you might still think well of me.

I am not defending her words or any other MP of any side wha made such statements and more than a few have.

I only wished to highlight false assumptions,I guess I pretty much wasted my time.

Unlike Nick I don't really like Rayner or what labour has become.

I'm getting past my sell by date but these things still matter to me. :P :) :) :)

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 09:08:59 PM
The roots of this start in the tier three covid malarkey where Burnham was grandstanding at the time.

I regard Burnham a tosser but not because he's a dipper (that's football slang btw)
purely on the fact he's a carpetbagger but not by origin.

See T00ts I was brought up on a Manchester council estate,went to a school where many of the teachers had done their training with the ss.

If based on that people label me scum that's up to them it's just assumption and ok we all do it.

A good example is there I am a good few years back sat in the lounge watching tv in Brill your part of the world how near or far I don't want to know.

Anyway it's the local news on and there is one Rob Bonnet BBC sports presenter but at this point leading a local protest about a proposed asylum seeker centre being sited in Oxfordshire, anyway his argument against centred around "Why can't they site it up north?" to many hoots of approval and clapping.

Well why not put it there then ....ergo they're scum so it won't matter will it?

As I've said we all make assumptions,I do but some really pee me off.

Cromwell you prove my point. No matter where you were brought/or dragged up you decided to be a gentleman. That is largely shown by your general demeanor here on this Forum. Perhaps if I met you in person I would change my mind.  Dancing  My father was one of 9 brought up in Cheshire where rough was rough! Again he made the decision and was a gentleman (though not particularly gentle if you get my meaning). This lady has shown herself to have absolutely no idea how to comport herself in her public position. She showed it in the HofC last week and she has proved it again now.

It is not Manchester's fault all gutters are the same. One of my very best friends - I was her bridesmaid years ago - was a Mancunian. I myself was raised in a rough council estate until my teens, it's a choice this lady needs to make if she is going to aim for public office unfortunately her mark is made and it's too late.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on September 26, 2021, 08:48:15 PM
This is a lady who has a choice. She chose to stand up in a public conference and speak in the rudest derogatory terms about people in opposition to her views. She has retracted to an extent by saying that she wasn't calling Conservative voters names just the party and BJ in particular. It makes little difference.

This is apparently a women who had a rough life early on which she has been at pains to demonstrate to the point of even bringing her mother's name into disrepute I seem to remember, but not being a lady/gentleman is a choice. She is ambitious, she thinks that the strength of the party lies with the left wingers many of whom also don't give much care as to how they phrase their comments. She believes I think that they will support her no matter what. What she is missing is that her degree of lack of personal control will alienate many whose vote she would need.

Unless she controls her mouth she is not suitable for public office. It was not a rash statement made in haste. It was pre-planned, arrogant and indefensible in her position and Starmer should sack her as a liability to Labour's future. If it has one.
The roots of this start in the tier three covid malarkey where Burnham was grandstanding at the time.

I regard Burnham a tosser but not because he's a dipper (that's football slang btw)
purely on the fact he's a carpetbagger but not by origin.

See T00ts I was brought up on a Manchester council estate,went to a school where many of the teachers had done their training with the ss.

If based on that people label me scum that's up to them it's just assumption and ok we all do it.

A good example is there I am a good few years back sat in the lounge watching tv in Brill your part of the world how near or far I don't want to know.

Anyway it's the local news on and there is one Rob Bonnet BBC sports presenter but at this point leading a local protest about a proposed asylum seeker centre being sited in Oxfordshire, anyway his argument against centred around "Why can't they site it up north?" to many hoots of approval and clapping.

Well why not put it there then ....ergo they're scum so it won't matter will it?

As I've said we all make assumptions,I do but some really pee me off.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 07:46:06 PM
I actually thought you might be one of the few people that would get it.

Her or any of the Labour peoples reaction isn't the issue.

I get it all too well. Look, you know I'm all for free speech and people being allowed to say what they think. She can call Boris whatever she likes for all I care, the point being she better understand that it cuts all ways up, and anyone else should be allowed to call her (or her erstwhile cronies in what passes as the Labour party) what the f&ck they like (Nick included  :D )

But no, these are the first kind of people to cry foul when they get told they are "scum" or told to shut up or feck off. They can't take back what they routinely dish out. So, here we have a party who has an MP whose view (that only women have a cervix) is deemed enough of a crime that she has to stay away from their fecking conference for her own safety - then the current leader is too fecking cowardly to back up her right to express her views in safety, preferring instead to say she is wrong to say what she said - rather condemn the parts of his party that have made her stay away from its conference

Fecking disgusting

T00ts

This is a lady who has a choice. She chose to stand up in a public conference and speak in the rudest derogatory terms about people in opposition to her views. She has retracted to an extent by saying that she wasn't calling Conservative voters names just the party and BJ in particular. It makes little difference.

This is apparently a women who had a rough life early on which she has been at pains to demonstrate to the point of even bringing her mother's name into disrepute I seem to remember, but not being a lady/gentleman is a choice. She is ambitious, she thinks that the strength of the party lies with the left wingers many of whom also don't give much care as to how they phrase their comments. She believes I think that they will support her no matter what. What she is missing is that her degree of lack of personal control will alienate many whose vote she would need.

Unless she controls her mouth she is not suitable for public office. It was not a rash statement made in haste. It was pre-planned, arrogant and indefensible in her position and Starmer should sack her as a liability to Labour's future. If it has one.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on September 26, 2021, 07:58:21 PM
I agree what you said to toots. I dont agree what you said to nick for reasons already stated , which is the same point effectively deppity has said to you cromwell.

The thing is cromwell , this is a pr disaster for labour this conference. Starmers inteview on marr and rayner gobbing off etc , while all you hear of any potential labour policy is that starmer and co are refusing to renationalise the big six energy companies , wurzel being heckled in a tent by his mad brother etc etc it really is game over for this party and their latest re heated version of blairism designed to deal with the yookays ills.

For the record cromwell , as many have said , regarding rayner , she is effectively calling people like you in the old red wall seats scum for supporting brexit and tory.

As i said , boris must be laughing himself to sleep every night watching this shit show that opposes him.
No Thomas the thread title by Nick was "You can take the girl out of Manchester (but not Manchester out of the girl) " I wasn't concerned with Rayner as such,her or labours reaction or even what she said other than as said grandstanding.

I thought I'd got it across in my reply to Nick in the macron thread i.e. the assumption that because of her background that she is a slapper the definition being a vulgar or coarse woman who engages in many casual sexual encounters.

Which you could shorten to scum of the earth.....and btw I have no idea of her sex life.
I wasn't even defending her calling Boris scum but the behaviour and upbringing makes you who you are (but not by by definition a slapper) as did my example of Boris and his antics in the bullingdon club just make him an upper class male slapper?

By all means if Nick had presented the argument put forward by DD all well and good  it's the assumptions I take issue with that she cannot call Boris scum because by her origins she is scum.