You can take the girl…..

Started by Nick, September 26, 2021, 12:30:05 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 04:41:05 PM

I didn't say, or even imply, that you did. But since you raise the point (though, admittedly, it's not your OP): 

Emotional knock-about politics can be entertaining, but Rayner's now upset loads of her colleagues by keeping all the "important" stuff from Labour's conference off the front pages this morning. Maybe the rest of them will now raise their games and come out with some radical and meaningful stuff over the next few days...

Ah well, I was goaded into that by Cromwell saying I said something else.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 10:59:56 PM
I already did and posted in my other reply.

"Scrubber" is probably of British origin, used as a detrogatory term to describe scullery maids or other low-ranking women in domestic service.

Rubbish

Scrubber was the recipient of many of Lurkio's suggestions that things needed a good grind ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 27, 2021, 04:11:35 PM
I haven't actually called her a scrubber if you read my OP correctly.

I didn't say, or even imply, that you did. But since you raise the point (though, admittedly, it's not your OP): 

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2021, 10:30:56 PM
It gets worse... Again, I never mentioned the word slapped 😂. [HIGHLIGHT]I said she was a scrubber[/HIGHLIGHT], meaning ' low-ranking women in domestic service.' It's actually more fitting than I thought 😆

Emotional knock-about politics can be entertaining, but Rayner's now upset loads of her colleagues by keeping all the "important" stuff from Labour's conference off the front pages this morning. Maybe the rest of them will now raise their games and come out with some radical and meaningful stuff over the next few days...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 27, 2021, 01:29:10 PMCan't see the benefit of retaliation by calling Rayner a scrubber.

I haven't actually called her a scrubber if you read my OP correctly.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

I removed this post because it was only marginally relevant. It wasn't offensive, defamatory or inaccurate or out-of-date. Nor did it disclose any official secrets or infringe any copyrights. Nothing like that, it was just of insufficient relevance to the topic. It's what you people probably call "off topic".  Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

patman post

Storm in a teacup — calling opposing politicians rude names seems the least of Labour's or the country's problems at the moment — especially as I've noticed scum often appears to rise to the top. 

Can't see the benefit of retaliation by calling Rayner a scrubber. Though I was once involved in reviewing the market for Caustic Scrubbers, so perhaps there's a place for her type of oratory in party politics, after all...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

I very much doubt turning up and bowing or giving a curtsy to the Queen while at the same time treating the people who vote for you like dirt impresses her one bit. She has been around a longtime and has pretty much seen it all, I doubt very much she doesn't know her own family have put her dynasty in jeopardy either.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on September 27, 2021, 08:02:19 AM
...and labour look to be following them as the new nasty party.
Neither of them are particularly nice, never will be.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on September 27, 2021, 07:58:43 AM
I know what the thread title is cromwell , but im still unaware of your point. Are you suggesting manchester is beyond piss taking or something?

Hang on a minute.

Rayner is the one who regualrly makes an issue of her background .....manc , northern english ,council estate etc , as though she is some religous relic that should be worshipped because of it. Who gives a feck?

Rayner established the rules of engagement here. Big thing about her background , then went on to label tories scum. So nick , like many other tories , returned the insults in kind as anyone would expect.

As toots said , rayner lowered the tone , yet you seem surprised when she is met with replies from the gutter by those who oppose her?

She is scum of the earth. No one gives a feck about her sex life , but as discussed it becomes fair game to mention it.

She is a typical labour party careerist on the make , hiding behind her victimhood status as some manc council estate girl , who stabbed corbyn in the back much to the disgust of many in her party at the first sign of trouble , and now smells problems with starmer so is playing to the party gallery by calling tories scum.

All from a woman who only two years ago was calling for better language and moderation in politcs. Hence why she is being mocked left right and centre.

Johnson might be .Who cares?

I have seen many make fun of johnsons children to different mothers with the insinuation he is some woman player not to be trusted.

Yet when nick or anyone else says the same about rayner , she is somehow according to you off  limits?

Sorry not with you cromwell.
She is scum in my opinion. She is the one who hides behind here origins hence why nick has mentioned it.

What pisses me off with politicians like rayner as well cromwell , is how at the first sign of someone saying diddums on the interwebby , they are calling for the police and social media to be closed down , while they hypocritically use similar language yet expect to be glorified for it.

I think in all this cromwell you are simply being over sensitive regarding rayners origins. There are plenty of labour politicians past and present who came from glasgow areas who i call scum ,and the area they came from scummy , yet i was brought up in some of the worst areas of glasgow.

Coming from a manc council estate doesnt excuse you for being a can't.
Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2021, 08:38:40 AM
So you missed all the bits where I said I don't really like Rayner,wasn't defending what she said and was arguing from a different perspective,anyway you carry on

Nope. I reckon Tommy read all that Ollie, but the thrust of his argument was that if the best Angela Rayner can come up with is that she is a victim and that Boris smells of poo, well she might be right but I can't see that attracting many ex Labour voters back to the fold.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 27, 2021, 08:38:40 AM
So you missed all the bits where I said I don't really like Rayner,wasn't defending what she said and was arguing from a different perspective,anyway you carry on

Cromwell , i know you dont like her and labour , im just pointing out that i think your defence of her in this situation is daft.

She isnt worth it , and deserves all the flak that comes her way.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on September 27, 2021, 07:58:43 AM
I know what the thread title is cromwell , but im still unaware of your point. Are you suggesting manchester is beyond piss taking or something?

Hang on a minute.

Rayner is the one who regualrly makes an issue of her background .....manc , northern english ,council estate etc , as though she is some religous relic that should be worshipped because of it. Who gives a feck?

Rayner established the rules of engagement here. Big thing about her background , then went on to label tories scum. So nick , like many other tories , returned the insults in kind as anyone would expect.

As toots said , rayner lowered the tone , yet you seem surprised when she is met with replies from the gutter by those who oppose her?

She is scum of the earth. No one gives a feck about her sex life , but as discussed it becomes fair game to mention it.

She is a typical labour party careerist on the make , hiding behind her victimhood status as some manc council estate girl , who stabbed corbyn in the back much to the disgust of many in her party at the first sign of trouble , and now smells problems with starmer so is playing to the party gallery by calling tories scum.

All from a woman who only two years ago was calling for better language and moderation in politcs. Hence why she is being mocked left right and centre.

I have seen many make fun of johnsons children to different mothers with the insinuation he is some woman player not to be trusted.

Yet when nick or anyone else says the same about rayner , she is somehow according to you off  limits?

She is scum in my opinion. She is the one who hides behind here origins hence why nick has mentioned it.

What pisses me off with politicians like rayner as well cromwell , is how at the first sign of someone saying diddums on the interwebby , they are calling for the police and social media to be closed down , while they hypocritically use similar language yet expect to be glorified for it.

I think in all this cromwell you are simply being over sensitive regarding rayners origins. There are plenty of labour politicians past and present who came from glasgow areas who i call scum ,and the area they came from scummy , yet i was brought up in some of the worst areas of glasgow.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on September 26, 2021, 11:26:06 PM
"We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, mysoginistic, absolute pile ... of banana republic... Etonian... piece of scum," she told activists, according to the Daily Mirror.

All good knock about stuff and I don't suppose there are many old Etonians in the shadow cabinet. Apart from anything else, the entrance exam is a real sod. That said, I can't see how the Tories can be considered racist when you consider the number of ethnics and women in ministerial positions. And whatever else can be said about Boris, no one can say that he hates women.

labours logic on prejudice is as i have said many a time a farce.

If you are going to play the victimhood game , and jump on defending every lost cause on the planet and minority , why is it etonians are "fair game" but manc council estate girls are off limits?

Rayner is just a nasty bit of work , and fellow manc girl lucy powell labour mp said rayners language isnt what she would have used.

powell clearly has a bit more of a brain cell than rayner.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on September 26, 2021, 11:13:00 PM
after all the Tories are well known as the nasty party.

...and labour look to be following them as the new nasty party.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2021, 08:24:15 PM
No Thomas the thread title by Nick was "You can take the girl out of Manchester (but not Manchester out of the girl) " I wasn't concerned with Rayner as such,her or labours reaction or even what she said other than as said grandstanding.

QuoteI thought I'd got it across in my reply to Nick in the macron thread i.e. the assumption that because of her background that she is a slapper the definition being a vulgar or coarse woman who engages in many casual sexual encounters.

Hang on a minute.

Which you could shorten to scum of the earth.....and btw I have no idea of her sex life.

QuoteI wasn't even defending her calling Boris scum but the behaviour and upbringing makes you who you are (but not by by definition a slapper) as did my example of Boris and his antics in the bullingdon club just make him an upper class male slapper?

By all means if Nick had presented the argument put forward by DD all well and good  it's the assumptions I take issue with that she cannot call Boris scum because by her origins she is scum.

Borchester

"We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, mysoginistic, absolute pile ... of banana republic... Etonian... piece of scum," she told activists, according to the Daily Mirror.

All good knock about stuff and I don't suppose there are many old Etonians in the shadow cabinet. Apart from anything else, the entrance exam is a real sod. That said, I can't see how the Tories can be considered racist when you consider the number of ethnics and women in ministerial positions. And whatever else can be said about Boris, no one can say that he hates women.

Algerie Francais !