too many white men putting hands up to speak labour delegates told

Started by Thomas, September 26, 2021, 04:41:13 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 26, 2021, 05:56:12 PM
I think we might find the "diversity" of the conference hall about a thousand fold greater than the streets and factories that used to be considered the party's natural recruiting ground.

If that's the case why don't a few more of them put their fecking hands up and the white chaps won't have to be told to put there's down  ???

johnofgwent

I think we might find the "diversity" of the conference hall about a thousand fold greater than the streets and factories that used to be considered the party's natural recruiting ground.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on September 26, 2021, 04:50:23 PM

This is the party that wants to win back the votes of the white working class majority in england and scotland. Not on this evidence they wont.

As we know Thomas they have gone too far down the road that leads away from the white working class to ever come back

Sampanviking

Politics in the Woke Age Thomas: be Bland, be invisible and whenever possible, be silent!

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

I think it fair to say this labour party conference has been a bit of a pr disaster so far.

With starmers continual humiliation and epitaths mocking his leadership and every word and deed , to rayners outburst , now this with mark ferguson , it really is hard to see how this party will ever get back into power.

I think it was mhairi black only yesterday that said in her time at westmisnter so far , it is unbelievable how out of touch the vast majority of politicians of both labour and tory party really are with the general public.

Boris johnson must be the luckiest conservative prime minister alive. No matter how low he stoops , or his latest buffoonery or lies , sir keir and the troops always go one better the next day and help him out by hogging the headlines for him.

Incredible.

This is the party that wants to win back the votes of the white working class majority in england and scotland. Not on this evidence they wont.

Thomas

QuoteToo many white men putting their hands up to speak, Labour delegates told

White men have been urged not to "dominate" speaking slots at Labour Party conference.

During a debate on housing and transport, the chairman of the session noted the people putting their hands up to contribute did "not reflect the diversity" of those in the hall.

Mark Ferguson, a member of Labour's National Executive Committee, told delegates in Brighton: "I am afraid, and I am not speaking from a position of particular strength here, there are too many white men putting their hands up."

To laughter, he added: "I am not anti-white men, some of my favourite people are – my dad's a white man.

"But I do not want white men to exclusively dominate this or any other debate at this conference and following on from my comrade in the chair this morning, I do wish to see the diversity of the hall reflected.

"I'm not putting anybody on the spot here, but if you want to speak do not be afraid to put your hand up, we want to hear from you, this is an inclusive conference."

The member chairing each session asks those in attendance if they wish to speak and chooses people from those who have their hands raised.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/too-many-white-men-putting-their-hands-up-to-speak-labour-delegates-told/132622

dear oh deary me.  ??? ::)