Gina's new political party

Started by T00ts, September 27, 2021, 11:07:37 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2021, 11:56:21 AM
I think it is very honourable to use the democratic system to change the face of politics, putting oneself up for election and getting a mandate from the electorate to forge ahead with changes.
However, this lady used the courts to attempt to change politics in her favour and 52% of the electorate won't forgive that.
Therefore her starting base is 48% of the electorate.
Good luck to her.

Lilly Allen is going to be delighted.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

I think it is very honourable to use the democratic system to change the face of politics, putting oneself up for election and getting a mandate from the electorate to forge ahead with changes.
However, this lady used the courts to attempt to change politics in her favour and 52% of the electorate won't forgive that.
Therefore her starting base is 48% of the electorate.
Good luck to her.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I haven't been able to read it all because I have been laughing so hard.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10032517/Anti-Brexit-activist-Gina-Miller-start-True-Fair-political-party.html

Ok I have managed to get through it. Short on detail of course but backing from Hilary Benn suggests pro-EU and a sense of cashing in on Labour's demise. The name - True and Fair - is presumably only a working title as they say on stage and film since it hardly rolls of the tongue. I can just imagine the jokes echoing around the doorsteps as canvassers approach. Still good luck to her it all adds to the entertainment I guess.