German Chancellor favourite says Brexit is to blame for HGV shortage

Started by Thomas, September 27, 2021, 07:57:38 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Oh dear Gerry Gas prices rise 60% in two days and the eu panics,it's those awful English and Brexit to blame eh Gerry?
https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/354513/european-gas/
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2021, 12:52:09 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/eu-leaders-seek-unity-on-how-to-face-china-and-us/ar-AAPaYjU?ocid=msedgntp
Erm

Well we'll we'll, Macron and a Ursula Von German front and centre. Gerry must be sick of seeing this combination, especially as they have no more sway than anyone else. 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 12:00:59 PMNobody is denying there are problems with drivers and energy costs in Europe.

Think you'll find you were.

Quote from: GerryT on October 05, 2021, 03:22:24 PMIn the meantime, Carrefour shops across Belgium are still experiencing issues following a strike at the Logistics Nivelles distribution centre at the start of the week.

Trying to pass it off as merely drivers strikes when there are actually real problems in the EU. Why else would you throw the drivers strike into the mix, if not to obfuscate the thread?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2021, 01:42:45 PM
Not really no, I would rather it be dealt with in our own manner, in the meantime I will leave the old folks regressing to childhood and having a giggle at your expense.

Oooh! Cheeky Sheepy!

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 10:57:46 AM
Care to share
Not really no, I would rather it be dealt with in our own manner, in the meantime I will leave the old folks regressing to childhood and having a giggle at your expense.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 03:33:25 PM
So energy bills wont go up in the eu only the UK?
https://www.euronews.com/2021/10/04/europe-divided-over-response-to-soaring-unbearable-energy-prices

Leave the kid be.

Of course Gerry is whistling in the wind. The Taoiseach has just said that raising corporation tax won't effect the Irish economy, which is code for Oh Christ, I am shitting leprechauns at the thought of the Republic losing its status as a tax haven.

Poor little sod.  :)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ireland-will-remain-competitive-in-what-it-has-to-offer-if-we-give-up-125pc-tax-rate-taoiseach-40921498.html 
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Even Rome wasn't built in a day.  Dancing I must thank you. I read your posts and they seem just so desperate to make Brexit the problem but so many in this country were and are more than prepared to reset the country. But I am always grateful for a giggle and you often provide.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on October 06, 2021, 11:09:41 AM
Yes Gerry we do know you like to point to brexit and those awful English as a self inflicted wound as though energy prices aren't a problem in europe and labour shortages too as well as exploitation in the holy brussels empire.

You keep posting,we'll keep laughing. :D
Gerry the blinkered we call him, but then the Yanks are desperately trying to rebuild their own infrastructure before the next crash as printing money and propping up the system is doomed to failure in a very short time. Or all those thousands of Americans with over $30 million dollars in the bank will be wiping their backsides with it. The chances of the EU surviving another 50 years is about nil. They had their fun.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on October 06, 2021, 11:09:41 AM
Yes Gerry we do know you like to point to brexit and those awful English as a self inflicted wound as though energy prices aren't a problem in europe and labour shortages too as well as exploitation in the holy brussels empire.

You were doing ok there until you went down the exploitation and holy brussels empire rabbit hole. Wearing that "EVIL EU" hat again. You know full well the EU is a democratic body, no rulers, no empire, but you constantly churn out the same tired line.

Nobody is denying there are problems with drivers and energy costs in Europe. But that hasn't manifested the way it has in the UK. You can deny that all you want but the added pressure of brexit is making these issues harder to deal with. And that is what brexit is, death by 1,000 cuts, lots of little issues adding up to a big problem. As Rees Mogg said, give it 50 yrs and we might see brexit benefits. He should have put that on a big red bus "you'll be dead and so will your kids by the time we MIGHT see a benefit from brexit"

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 10:44:15 AM
In true brexiteer fashion, we are back in blazing saddles land, the sheriff holding the gun to his head, keeping the crowd at bay or he shoots himself.  You'll really teach those French doing something like that.
The UK has energy issues, what to do, I know, lets stop building our nuclear power station. EDF in the UK is a subsidiary, a UK entity employing UK people, more shooting yourself in the head.

You do realise if EDF shut operations in the UK that would cause massive issues in the UK energy wise. Not the other way around.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 04:19:27 PM
To that in bold, no but bacon or sausage might.

Trade deals we've done have no bearing on energy prices,but the eu will pay more because of Vlad.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/focus-on-that-macron-france-gas-prices-soared-48-as-putin-s-grip-sparks-bloc-panic/ar-AAPbU7j?ocid=msedgntp
Well, I don't know about that but Barry isn't far off the mark.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2021, 10:05:02 AM
Little Napoleon Macron is throwing a big wobbly today. Making threats left, right and centre.
Care to share

GerryT

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2021, 08:24:49 PM
Because EDF are heavily invested into UK energy, are up to their necks in debt. If we cancel Hinckley Point in retaliation, EDF will collapse under the debt.
Have a nice day, Emmanuel tantrum Macron.
In true brexiteer fashion, we are back in blazing saddles land, the sheriff holding the gun to his head, keeping the crowd at bay or he shoots himself.  You'll really teach those French doing something like that.
The UK has energy issues, what to do, I know, lets stop building our nuclear power station. EDF in the UK is a subsidiary, a UK entity employing UK people, more shooting yourself in the head.

You do realise if EDF shut operations in the UK that would cause massive issues in the UK energy wise. Not the other way around.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2021, 08:24:49 PM
Because EDF are heavily invested into UK energy, are up to their necks in debt. If we cancel Hinckley Point in retaliation, EDF will collapse under the debt.
Have a nice day, Emmanuel tantrum Macron.

Little Napoleon Macron is throwing a big wobbly today. Making threats left, right and centre.