We're going Galactic

Started by HallowedBrexit, September 29, 2021, 07:19:01 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 07:55:56 PM
Perhaps we can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by firing cows into orbit? They can fart to their heart's content up there. Long way to go for the milk though.

It was 1977 when my mentor and signatory of the first paycheck I ever earned as a graduate scientist was consulted by a cowbridge (near Bridgend) farmer....

For the next 20 years, the platinum catalytic heating plates he recommended be fitted in the cowshed roof, powered by the farted methane and short chain volatiles, saved a bloody fortune.

The system packed up eventually, something poisoned the catalyst ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on September 30, 2021, 01:07:31 PM
Brilliant idea. Why not add to all the pollution up there? It's not like there's any concern over the potential dangers of space junk. Or maybe the idea is for the UK to become global leader in the development of orbital dust carts...   

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html
Perhaps we can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by firing cows into orbit? They can fart to their heart's content up there. Long way to go for the milk though.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Brilliant idea. Why not add to all the pollution up there? It's not like there's any concern over the potential dangers of space junk. Or maybe the idea is for the UK to become global leader in the development of orbital dust carts...   

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/news/orbital_debris.html

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 29, 2021, 07:19:01 AM
https://www.thenational.scot/news/19609584.boris-johnson-global-britain-will-become-galactic-britain-new-space-strategy/

Breaking news:

After the resounding success of our global post-Brexit strategy our very own Alexander 'Boris' De Pfeffel Johnson has vowed to turn Britain into a Galactic Force. Many of us are outright euphoric.

Space could be the next big thing and whereas in previous times, we launched a thousand ships towards the new world, now we'll be able to colonialize space, harvest its resources and improve people's lives on earth.

This has renewed our trust in Boris Johnson and the Tory party and will lead England into a new age of enlightenment, happiness and prosperity.

It should also be noted that the EU is notoriously behind in their efforts to conquer space so we could once more establish ourselves as world leaders.

Do I start to detect an element of sarcastic satire?
The only success story Britain has had since Brexit is the vaccine roll-out. Apart from that, government's behaviour on covid has been a mixture of 'too little, too late' when it comes to caution and 'too much, too early' when it comes to complacency. I can't see a single economic or social benefit from Brexit. There's still a lot to moan about and no reason to stop moaning.

As for Britain conquering space, what will we use? Spitfires or Morris Minors?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

As a fully trained  astronaut this news could not have come at a better time as Im between jobs .  I'll wait for the phone call .  ::)

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 29, 2021, 11:22:37 AM
The article seems to show the PM squatting over a trench in a mud-sodden field.

Seems apt. Boris comes out with more crap than the Beckton sewage works.

But he is fun and thinks big and you can't say fairer than that  Union Flag Dancing Dancing Woohoo

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

The article seems to show the PM squatting over a trench in a mud-sodden field.

Is this publication "the national" the replacement for the national enquirer ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 29, 2021, 07:19:01 AM
https://www.thenational.scot/news/19609584.boris-johnson-global-britain-will-become-galactic-britain-new-space-strategy/

Breaking news:

After the resounding success of our global post-Brexit strategy our very own Alexander 'Boris' De Pfeffel Johnson has vowed to turn Britain into a Galactic Force. Many of us are outright euphoric.

Space could be the next big thing and whereas in previous times, we launched a thousand ships towards the new world, now we'll be able to colonialize space, harvest its resources and improve people's lives on earth.

This has renewed our trust in Boris Johnson and the Tory party and will lead England into a new age of enlightenment, happiness and prosperity.

It should also be noted that the EU is notoriously behind in their efforts to conquer space so we could once more establish ourselves as world leaders.

Is the bank for donations in the UK, or the Virgin Islands

Sheepy

A cunning plan indeed, the richest men in the world all have a spaceship, so they all can conquer the final frontier, of course they will need a new one next year as last year's model will be an outdated fashion accessory, so there will be a lot of tried and tested galactic old enterprises on the market. Oh I see what I did there.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 29, 2021, 07:19:01 AMMany of us are outright euphoric.
Well, your sarcasm made me smile.
Yes, it's true, as we speak a SPACE is being prepared at FIREHAM in Hampshire to launch an effigy of Yuri Gagarin into space and we hope to catch up with about 60 years of development. Maybe we could launch a sheep into space at some point.
† The end is nigh †

HallowedBrexit

Breaking news: