Arctic warming linked to colder winters

Started by Borchester, September 30, 2021, 01:08:42 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 02, 2021, 06:36:23 PM

People already are blaming methane as a means to enforce veganism.

Have these people never eaten Brussel sprouts ?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on October 02, 2021, 12:39:08 AM
This is one for the prediction thread but.

I'm betting when CO2 emissions do drop due to the Carbon police and the Earth still keeps on warming they will turn to blaming Methane.
If you listen to the reason that founder of Greenpeace Patrick Moore quit the organisation you'll see these eco warriors are nutcases. He explained that in order for Greenpeace to keep current and on the front page of the papers, they had to come up with more and more extreme ideas. The straw for him was when they issued a statement saying they wanted Chorine banning world wide. He explained that banning elements on the Periodic Table was a bit above their pay grade.

These latest M25 nut jobs are not going to be happy until one of them gets squashed by an artic.

People already are blaming methane as a means to enforce veganism.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

What do you want? really, really want, zig a zig ..........
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/consider-a-single-carbon-tax-to-make-net-zero-work-economists-say/ar-AAP3tei?ocid=msedgntp
In between the calendar girl's coffee mornings we want global taxation.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

This is one for the prediction thread but.

I'm betting when CO2 emissions do drop due to the Carbon police and the Earth still keeps on warming they will turn to blaming Methane.
If you listen to the reason that founder of Greenpeace Patrick Moore quit the organisation you'll see these eco warriors are nutcases. He explained that in order for Greenpeace to keep current and on the front page of the papers, they had to come up with more and more extreme ideas. The straw for him was when they issued a statement saying they wanted Chorine banning world wide. He explained that banning elements on the Periodic Table was a bit above their pay grade.

These latest M25 nut jobs are not going to be happy until one of them gets squashed by an artic. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Well, I for one believe anything I am told, like changing global warming into climate change so it can cover any weather aspect, because everybody made fun of global warming every time it was cold.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2021, 10:19:43 AM
Isn't the problem here that Governments have hung their hats on the thing that they feel they can change? Carbon emissions. We know too that the sun is getting hotter - we can't stop that and more to the point it isn't a money spinner. So often green policies are quoted together with job opportunities/the economy and yet the green answers will emit more carbon in the making anyway.

The new boilers that they are forcing on us take make more emissions in the manufacture. I had quite a discussion with my heating chap about them so not only are they expensive and inadequate they are more environmentally unfriendly to produce. How long will they last?
The sun is indeed getting hotter but at an incredibly slow rate, not over human time spans but geological ones, aside from it's more typical fluctuations. Many millions of years would have to pass before the increase in the sun's heat would make a noticeable difference. Life is safe here for a billion years or so yet, provided we don't kill it off ourselves.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2021, 09:52:18 AM
Quick Reply
POL-TICS Chat
This is what gets me Steve "a denialist" climate change has become a religion and anyone who doubts anything at all is given this label as past religions did with "heretic".

You think this science infallible......it isn't and like those religions of old who believed their leaders like the pope infallible,they're not as history has shown
I do not think the science is infallible. But if it is going to be debunked it will be by other scientists making careful studies and measurements, not by a bunch of conspiracy theorists on a politics forum choosing to selectively read shite on the internet.

Anway, been here a lot this past week or more and many of the debates are going round in cirlcles, so I may take a break for a few days.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2021, 09:44:08 AM
Cop out post.

I've read all your links and they don't contain any science. Saying they do doesn't make it so.

Wrong thread surely,shouldn't this be in the "Is Cressida done" thread? :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

This is what gets me Steve "a denialist" climate change has become a religion and anyone who doubts anything at all is given this label as past religions did with "heretic".

You think this science infallible......it isn't and like those religions of old who believed their leaders like the pope infallible,they're not as history has shown
How do you mean? not like it has replaced religion in schools as a lesson, is it? Oh wait.

T00ts

Isn't the problem here that Governments have hung their hats on the thing that they feel they can change? Carbon emissions. We know too that the sun is getting hotter - we can't stop that and more to the point it isn't a money spinner. So often green policies are quoted together with job opportunities/the economy and yet the green answers will emit more carbon in the making anyway.

The new boilers that they are forcing on us take make more emissions in the manufacture. I had quite a discussion with my heating chap about them so not only are they expensive and inadequate they are more environmentally unfriendly to produce. How long will they last?

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2021, 09:41:12 AM
I posted a link to a reputable source which gave you clear scientific facts. That you don't like them and choose to be a denialist is your call.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 01, 2021, 09:41:12 AM
I posted a link to a reputable source which gave you clear scientific facts. That you don't like them and choose to be a denialist is your call.

Cop out post.

I've read all your links and they don't contain any science. Saying they do doesn't make it so.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2021, 01:34:23 AM
No you haven't. You've posted links to people telling us the science is undeniable and anyone who says it isn't is a fool, but nowhere here you posted science.

Please can I have a flag saying SCIENCE when you're stating science or posting links to science. BTW, you haven't commented on the 800 year lag.

Sampanviking

Sea Level and Temperatures have yoyoed over recent geological time with Britain oscillating between Ice Sheets and Tundra and Tropical Temperatures several times in the course of the last couple of million years. Both Actual Sea Level change and relative Isostatic movement in which the Crust and Mantle slowly rebalance under the effect of the rapid accumulation and melting of the Ice Caps and the rise and fall of Sea Level.

Not all of these changes are slow or gradual. At the End of the Younger Dryas, which was a short return to glacial conditions between 12900 and 11700 years ago, global temperatures rose by 10 degrees C in little more than 15 years!

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 11:13:01 PM
I have posted a link to the science earlier in this thread. Seems you have not read it.

No you haven't. You've posted links to people telling us the science is undeniable and anyone who says it isn't is a fool, but nowhere here you posted science.

Please can I have a flag saying SCIENCE when you're stating science or posting links to science. BTW, you haven't commented on the 800 year lag.