Main Menu

Whole life term

Started by cromwell, September 30, 2021, 01:59:34 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 29, 2022, 07:23:27 PM
Let's see how civilised you feel when it's you standing where I am.

Thats the point really

How many of Lord Longford's relativ s have been murdered

Sanctimonious prick.
I've no idea where you're standing.

Your claims have been so extraordinary over the years that I find it difficult to comprehemd that one poster has had to endure such varied hardships — along with a mix of various relatives — that I'd be surprised if anyone could come through unscathed, and totally compos mentis.

Nevertheless, you have any sympathy that's due...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 07:51:53 PM
Is there an American race?

And I don't doubt a British referendum could get a majority in favour of the death penalty. But then, even Jesus was crucified because of the demands of a baying crowd...
Jesus was crucified because he went about claiming he was the son of God, his brother James was the smart one. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 29, 2022, 07:23:01 PM
Perhaps you meant nations.
Think about it, the American "race" allows the death penalty, does it?

And, maybe you don't know the British as well as you think. If you were surprised by the 2016 referendum you could be surprised by a referendum on the death penalty, were we to have one. I doubt the government will be having one.
That would be a foregone conclusion... Hang um high. 

patman post

Quote from: Barry on July 29, 2022, 07:23:01 PM

And, maybe you don't know the British as well as you think. If you were surprised by the 2016 referendum you could be surprised by a referendum on the death penalty, were we to have one. I doubt the government will be having one.
Is there an American race?

And I don't doubt a British referendum could get a majority in favour of the death penalty. But then, even Jesus was crucified because of the demands of a baying crowd...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Never supported the death penalty and found even more reason to think it wrong.

What I've always found difficult to understand is the bitter hatred and desire for death on people like Wayne Couzens,don't get me wrong he's an execrable specimen of humanity but and it's a big but those responsible for deaths in the tens,hundreds,thousand or millions don't always attract the same reaction.

When I look at people like Bliar,Bush and now Putin I see much much worse specimens who look to get away scot free,still wouldn't execute them were they found guilty.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on July 29, 2022, 06:28:06 PM
For what it's worth John, pieces of scum like that should be dealt with like they do in China. Found guilty and a bullet put in their head the second they leave the court room. Maybe we should have 3 verdicts in the U.K. Innocent, Guilty and Death.

Sarah tells me every single one of the SWAT and firearms coppers assigned to protect the trial witnesses had cute arses.

Sadly, she also said, two were gay and all the others wore wedding rings.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 06:55:30 PM
I thought the British prided themselves on being more civilised than other races.

Seems like another myth is ripe for dissembling...
Let's see how civilised you feel when it's you standing where I am.

Thats the point really

How many of Lord Longford's relativ s have been murdered

Sanctimonious prick.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2022, 06:55:30 PM
I thought the British prided themselves on being more civilised than other races.

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 29, 2022, 06:28:06 PM
For what it's worth John, pieces of scum like that should be dealt with like they do in China. Found guilty and a bullet put in their head the second they leave the court room. Maybe we should have 3 verdicts in the U.K. Innocent, Guilty and Death.
I thought the British prided themselves on being more civilised than other races. 

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 29, 2022, 05:27:14 PM
Yes I've been accused of that.

I wonder

Suppose your child witnesses something that destroys the alibi if a killer. Let's make it a killer of an eight month pregnant woman and a separate act designed to specifically kill her unborn child, just to up.the ante.

Now suppose the police persuade your child to testify against the murderer who make it known to theorvtemand cellmate they've put the word out to have all the witnesses killed so they can't testify, and when that fails they swear, at the top of their lungs, they'll have every one of the c***s who stitched him up offer

Unquote from the witness box as two coppers dragged the piece of shit down after the jury found him guilty

I'll probably be dead by the time they let him go. Because labour won't be getting into power to let him out any time soon.

So I need to have him killed in prison before I die

If only the state - in the person of that bastard Blair - hadn't surreptitiously deactivated the ability to hang people - I wouldn't have to worry about him getting out to keep his word

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on September 30, 2021, 06:32:20 PM
Those in favour of death penalties often seem compelled by an emotive desire for revenge. This need  is so compelling to them  that they are prepared to accept the occasional innocent person being put to death as collateral damage. Or else they deny that is is even possible today.

What they are often doing is emoting more than thinking and trying to come up with convincing arguments to justify that.
Yes I've been accused of that.

I wonder

Suppose your child witnesses something that destroys the alibi if a killer. Let's make it a killer of an eight month pregnant woman and a separate act designed to specifically kill her unborn child, just to up.the ante.

Now suppose the police persuade your child to testify against the murderer who make it known to theorvtemand cellmate they've put the word out to have all the witnesses killed so they can't testify, and when that fails they swear, at the top of their lungs, they'll have every one of the c***s who stitched him up offer

Unquote from the witness box as two coppers dragged the piece of shit down after the jury found him guilty

I'll probably be dead by the time they let him go. Because labour won't be getting into power to let him out any time soon.

So I need to have him killed in prison before I die

If only the state - in the person of that bastard Blair - hadn't surreptitiously deactivated the ability to hang people - I wouldn't have to worry about him getting out to keep his word

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on October 01, 2021, 02:15:31 PM
I'm also opposed to capital punishment mainly because of the risk of executing innocent people from time to time. I'm not going to shed any tears, though, if there are shortcomings with suicide watch in the case of some of these dreadful criminals. But then again, innocent people have probably topped themselves in prison, so . . .
I was all for capital punishment until, and I vaguely remember posting this before, I was in Terre Haute Indiana when they nuked Timothy McVeigh and due to the proximity of the HI Hotel I had the execution broadcast onto my TV in my room. It kind of freaked me out a bit and since then I'm not quite sure what my stance is. One minute a perfectly healthy person is alive and then the next they are not. 

Barry

† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

I'm also opposed to capital punishment mainly because of the risk of executing innocent people from time to time. I'm not going to shed any tears, though, if there are shortcomings with suicide watch in the case of some of these dreadful criminals. But then again, innocent people have probably topped themselves in prison, so . . .
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2021, 09:41:38 PM
I have 3 girls of my own, and if it was one of them I would happy dispatch him, my heart rate wouldn't increase a single beat.
I guess we'd all think the same if it were one of our own. If some shithead killed someone I loved for his jollies, I would willingly serve time if I had the chance to wipe him out. That is a natural human response. But it amounts to seriuos emoting rather than taking a step back and thinking rationally. The latter would be almost impossible to do if one of our own loved ones was a victim.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.