Main Menu

Is Cressida done?

Started by T00ts, October 01, 2021, 09:35:34 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Well it's boiling up again isn't it,we are to have a public enquiry (much like Shipman) I maintain he like Shipman is a one off.
Yes there may be other rogue officers but as to his specifics not another of his like for a long long time.

Just saw pantomime principal boy Yvette Cooper on the news demanding to know how such a dangerous man came to be in his position of power.

I don't know Yvette how did another dangerous man come to be in a position of power using subterfuge and lies and responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis and others not just one poor unfortunate woman?

Still as you have maintained you have no regrets for backing his war. Puke

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

A potential premeditated killer of the type who intends avoid becoming a suspect isn't going to give their game away, so the police probably had no knowledge of what might happen. I read that there were questions about his past conduct but they don't seem to be on the level that would indicate the terrible thing that would happen later.

If the investigation shows that there had been clear opportunities to prevent the murder then there should be resignations, otherwise probably not.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 01, 2021, 03:50:32 PM

But they aren't.

Another will be along

And the Met is stuffed to the rafters with bent coppers. They've had quite a few in other forces too.

Stuffed to the rafters might be over the top JoG but yes there are numbers who dont seem to have the morals or wit to wear the uniform .
Crimes of a sexual nature by serving officers is unfortunately not a rarity either so yes one could well be along in a minute
https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/met-police-officers-sexual-misconduct-allegations-sacked-1225102

but back to the latest IOPC statement
https://policeconduct.gov.uk/news/update-iopc-investigations-following-sentencing-former-pc-wayne-couzens

It looks like someone is on the case even if its not the Met

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 01, 2021, 05:30:27 PM
I wouldn't bet on a useful outcome of any inquiry surrounding the recruitment and personnel records of and investigation into the conduct of Police Officer Wayne Couzens. The Police do tend to cover up look after their own, only throwing a member out if it looks like keeping them will negatively impact the activities of others. 

Although we don't know the full story even now, I was surprised Cressida Dick was appointed after being in charge of the botched operation where hyped-up police blasted the totally innocent Jean Charles de Menezes — especially as police then gave false briefings on his actions and clothing and issued a doctored photo after the cock-up to make him look like a terrorist suspect. Sir Ian Blair, chief of the Metropolitan Police, was the one who paid the price for that. The Met put it down as unfortunate. 

But there is a chance this time that something might be starting to happen — politicians have noticed and there could be votes in what they do...

Wasn't she something to do with the Stephen Lawrence investigation as well?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2021, 09:35:34 AM
For years we have heard how the Met has not come up smelling of roses and each time it seems to be swept under the carpet. Why should we imagine it will be any different this time?
I wouldn't bet on a useful outcome of any inquiry surrounding the recruitment and personnel records of and investigation into the conduct of Police Officer Wayne Couzens. The Police do tend to cover up look after their own, only throwing a member out if it looks like keeping them will negatively impact the activities of others. 

Although we don't know the full story even now, I was surprised Cressida Dick was appointed after being in charge of the botched operation where hyped-up police blasted the totally innocent Jean Charles de Menezes — especially as police then gave false briefings on his actions and clothing and issued a doctored photo after the cock-up to make him look like a terrorist suspect. Sir Ian Blair, chief of the Metropolitan Police, was the one who paid the price for that. The Met put it down as unfortunate. 

But there is a chance this time that something might be starting to happen — politicians have noticed and there could be votes in what they do...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2021, 03:56:18 PM
Further reading leaves this a bit open.
Apparently there was an inversion into an incident of a sexual nature, for which they knew the ref number. Somehow they failed to link the 2. There was also an incident in 2002 but I can't find much info.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-58755391

That BBC article is priceless

They begin by saying they want the public to be confident in the vetting process.

They admit they fucked up looking into the presence of his vehicle in connection with an active crime scene

They say they should have handled it differently, but then they say if they had handled it properly it would not have made any difference...

Good grief....

Mind you, I suppose anyone can park their car fifty feet from a mutilated body. I've done that myself three times in recent years ....

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2021, 03:20:18 PM
Yeah Nick I'd read that too,both myths.
He originally was a copper in the Civil and Nuclear police where that was his rumoured name,it wasn't true and neither is him being done for indecent exposure.
The media embellishing half truths.

The only time my car was ever broken into in 20 years of freelancing was at a radar test site formerly part of the Atomic Energy Authority and patrolled by the UKAEA plod.

I left my car in their guarded car park spent two days inside the base and when I came back the window was shattered and my stereo had gone.

How the thieves got in and did it with supposedly armed police on the gate 50 yards away beats me

Unless they were on the take
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 01, 2021, 03:50:32 PM

But they aren't.

Another will be along

And the Met is stuffed to the rafters with bent coppers. They've had quite a few in other forces too.
Well there might be bent coppers John but the Couzens types aren't stuffed in any rafters.

Like I said the media loves things like this and again like Shipman there will be an over reaction.

Being a scrote is not just pertaining to the male of the species,there are plenty of scrotesses who will use this as an opportunity to evade the law.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2021, 03:20:18 PM
He originally was a copper in the Civil and Nuclear police where that was his rumoured name,it wasn't true and neither is him being done for indecent exposure.

Further reading leaves this a bit open.
Apparently there was an inversion into an incident of a sexual nature, for which they knew the ref number. Somehow they failed to link the 2. There was also an incident in 2002 but I can't find much info.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-58755391

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2021, 12:20:05 PM
Couzens like Shipman is a one off

But they aren't.

Another will be along

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on October 01, 2021, 03:08:23 PM
Apparently he'd been done twice for indecent exposure and his nickname in the MET was The Rapist. Blows my mind.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 01, 2021, 12:20:05 PMCouzens like Shipman is a one off,

Apparently he'd been done twice for indecent exposure and his nickname in the MET was The Rapist. Blows my mind.

cromwell

This was a truly awful occurence,but sometimes they can't win....when attempts are made to change like for instance toward the black community they got stick because they are being woke,same with the gays but now suddenly they aren't doing enough.

Once many years ago at a social function I was in the same room with a lot of drunken members of the serious crimes squad,what they said and attitudes were terrible.

Coppers are human,I believe they are trying to change the culture but as said they can't do right for doing wrong.

Couzens like Shipman is a one off,the media are loving this page after page and videos too.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 01, 2021, 10:07:38 AM
Public confidence is the key here and she has lost it , the police force has lost it along with any respect and therefore she should go .
And take Khan with you .
They are obsessed with Political Correctness instead of being Police Constables:
Trans policy
https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2019/july_2019/information-rights-unit---transgender-policy
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 01, 2021, 10:07:38 AM
Public confidence is the key here and she has lost it , the police force has lost it along with any respect and therefore she should go .
And take Khan with you .

She made me cringe when she announced emotive platitudes about how upset the force is at what has happened. I have no doubt that there are good police officers but I couldn't help but feel that they were more sorry to have been found out in their inadequacy.