Anti-vaxers at school

Started by T00ts, October 01, 2021, 09:46:55 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

The problem in today's society is that of non-judgementalism. What I mean is that so-called balance means that idiots and troublemakers have been given equal platform to sensible and constructive thought.

We're reaping the whirlwind from that now, with anti-vaxers and those unhinged M25 protesters.
We saw it a few years ago when anti-EU propaganda was given equal weight to the reasoned truth about the EU.
In America, Trump was given equal treatment, first of all to more reasonable rivals in his own party and then to his Democrat opponent.

This problem of normalising extremism is happening on both sides - the far right and the far left. And it's on these forums too - has been for a long time.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 01, 2021, 12:53:19 PM
I thought I made it clear enough in my evidenced post (reply #1) that the Government cannot be trusted to follow any science.
They can't be trusted to say there is a possibility of death.
They can't be trusted to explain the consent measures properly in a class full of children, when they should be individually spoken to, no peer pressure or pressure of any kind.

My implication is that the protesters have cause and gluing themselves to a motorway would be less appropriate. I'm not sure where the cancer scaremongering comes from.

Well obviously, not, as some people are convinced the Government/Establishment are following science and protesting even with a valid reason, is seen as a backlash against their authority. Some people even believe it is all for the greater good you know.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on October 01, 2021, 12:41:34 PM
In the same way the government MO is OK.
I thought I made it clear enough in my evidenced post (reply #1) that the Government cannot be trusted to follow any science.
They can't be trusted to say there is a possibility of death.
They can't be trusted to explain the consent measures properly in a class full of children, when they should be individually spoken to, no peer pressure or pressure of any kind.

My implication is that the protesters have cause and gluing themselves to a motorway would be less appropriate. I'm not sure where the cancer scaremongering comes from.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

In the same way the government MO is OK.

T00ts

So the MO of these protesters is acceptable then?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 01, 2021, 09:46:55 AM
My daughter told me that yesterday 2 people managed to persuade the her child's School Secretary to allow them into the school. Once there they caused all sorts of chaos shouting and causing a general disturbance because Covid vaccinations are due to start at the school.

At the same time a large group of them collected outside the school. They halted parents trying to collect children causing the school to call police and lock down the school. Those children and parents who were walking then suffered these same people shouting obscenities, screaming at the children that their parents were killing them, threatening cancer from having the vaccines and showing fairly gruesome pictures of cancer sufferers. Parents and particularly the children felt threatened and upset.

At what point do we call a halt? Is this simply a freedom of speech issue or is it actually more sinister than that?

Then change schools or give the kids better parents.

Years ago a bunch of anti something or other from some nutty church turned up at my son's school and screamed at the children that the head was a Jew and a shirt lifter. Which he was but a hell of a good head.
By the time police arrived one of the protestors was crying on the pavement, another was in the Royal Free and the rest of the mob had decided to leave.

Frankly Toots, the parents in your part of the world sound a right bunch of wimps.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 01, 2021, 10:53:37 AMIt's not a vaccine and the people are not anti-vaxers
True, because having actually taken the time to listen to some of them, rather than just throw the usual hoping it sticks and believe everything the media writes in chasing another crisis, they have some good points that you rightly point out.

Barry

Mr Zahawi has stated that the pupils will be given a leaflet explaining about the jab (It's not a vaccine and the people are not anti-vaxers).
He has also said there is no need for anyone else to try to sway opinion as the government leaflet will be reliable and the pupils and parents can make an informed decision.
The leaflet is here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1020602/PHE_12073_COVID-19_parents_leaflet.pdf
Page 5 indicates the school will be used to jab children who consent, even if their parents have denied consent.

The real elephant in the room is that the JCVI have been ignored over their risk/advantage assessment, which says it is not advisable to jab this age group. The government cannot say they are following the science on this one, which gives ammunition to those who know that their children could be seriously injured or killed.

The leaflet says:
QuoteWorldwide, there have been recent, very rare cases of inflammation of the heart called myocarditis or pericarditis reported after COVID-19 vaccines. Most of these people felt better following rest and simple treatments.
What it does not say is that some died.
https://fullfact.org/health/pfizer-teens-myocarditis/

Covid-19 does not kill otherwise healthy children:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01897-w

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

My daughter told me that yesterday 2 people managed to persuade the her child's School Secretary to allow them into the school. Once there they caused all sorts of chaos shouting and causing a general disturbance because Covid vaccinations are due to start at the school.

At the same time a large group of them collected outside the school. They halted parents trying to collect children causing the school to call police and lock down the school. Those children and parents who were walking then suffered these same people shouting obscenities, screaming at the children that their parents were killing them, threatening cancer from having the vaccines and showing fairly gruesome pictures of cancer sufferers. Parents and particularly the children felt threatened and upset.

At what point do we call a halt? Is this simply a freedom of speech issue or is it actually more sinister than that?