Main Menu

The Irish are catching on

Started by Streetwalker, October 02, 2021, 07:10:53 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 10:29:47 AM
They do accept it, I accept it. I'm not looking for the UK to rejoin or pseudo join. The UK wasn't ever a committed member of the EU, it's better out than in. But that won't stop people commenting on the reality of what's happening and comparing to what was promised, the sunny uplands...

Then i keep asking what are you , an alleged foreign national  , doing on here bleating incessantly to the exclusion of all else about brexit?

QuoteNo it didn't, England (including wales at the time) joined with Scotland to form GB.

No gerry , england scotland and wales didnt join to form GB , just as germany and france didnt join to form Europe. GB is a geographical name.

Heres what you said.

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 08:08:38 AM
Remember there is no UK without NI. Take away NI and what's left is GB..

I dont have the time to constantly come on here and educate you  , but i think any schoolchild could tell you the united kingdom pre dates the political inclusion of the irish colonial parliament in 1801.

If northern ireland left , then the name would become the united kingdom of great britain  , as it was originally.

The point is gerry  , the english can call their country any fackin name they like. If and when scotland leaves , they can call it the united kingdom of mercia and northumbria for all i or anyone else cares.

So as ever , you are talking out your remainer arse.
I thought you were a history buff.

Naw mate. Im just a council estate boy who managed to pick up for free at a public feckin library information that your  mathematics degree at your fancy middle class university didnt give you.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 10:21:00 AM
I didn't come up with the term,

Irrelevant. Its a heavily loaded term not reflective of reality simply to try and bleat about brexit , and its failing.

QuoteI think empty shelves

what empty shelves.???

You apparently are in dublin but can tell me supermarket shelves in glasgow or elsewhere are empty? :D

There are no empty shelves . I havent heard of starving masses dying in the streets due to empty supermarket shelves which in reality are full . Maybe a few middle class liberals cant get their favourite avocado or caviar  , apart from that , there doesnt seem to be any major issues except storms in remoaner teacups.

Quoteand empty petrol pumps does that

If you buy 5 times the normal amount of petrol , then pumps will run dry and extraordinary demand of fuel  , which isnt really needed , will outstrip normal supply.

I think most sensible people realise this , and simply disgustedly dismiss hysterical remoaners trying to weaponise it , and yet again failing.

Sheepy

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/france-starts-clock-on-brexit-fishing-ultimatum-uk-has-days-to-act-on-blackout-threat/ar-AAPbFxJ?ocid=msedgntp
Give up your fishing grounds sheepbrain or we won't get re-elected, you lot should never have been elected in the first place, you parachuted a banker in with a superiority complex and the French have suffered ever since. So, I ain't suffering on behalf of your Global ambitions, do your worst I can outlast you.
I am guessing you are thinking you have all swerved what occurred his week, it can get an awful lot worse for you lot.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on October 05, 2021, 07:57:54 PM
The truth is the UK govt at the time just didn't care much for fishermen

Yep . Its why we had to rectify it by voting leave . Ireland might have to do the same if it wants a fishing industry .

Sheepy

It's no use trying to work Thomas over, he is from Govan and a Scots nationalist so he is hardly likely to blame the English when he knows it means handing over what is left of the Scottish fishing grounds. While also he can see the French are themselves sick and tired of it all.  They have never stopped rioting since Macron came to power.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 06, 2021, 10:14:33 AM
Stop being such a nasty Leprechaun Gerry we aren't in the EU give Macron your fishing grounds he needs you for votes. We don't have to be the EU's punching bag any longer. After all you have said all along the Irish will give the EU anything it wants.
You never were the EU punch bag, lies from successive UK govt's blaming the EU on every thing that went wrong in the UK, backed up by newspapers. But your out now, guess what your still blaming the EU.
It's the fault of the EU and the NI protocol
It's the fault of the EU implementing it's customs border to the letter.

When the UK starts to face up to these issues and recognise they are domestic problems, then they might start tackling the root cause.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on October 06, 2021, 09:40:20 AM
no one is suggesting not everyone can have a say. The part where everyone had their say was pre the 2016 ref , we voted , and brexiters won the argument. Since then what we have had is puerile rattle throwing from anti democratic remainers like yourself who can't accept democracy..
They do accept it, I accept it. I'm not looking for the UK to rejoin or pseudo join. The UK wasn't ever a committed member of the EU, it's better out than in. But that won't stop people commenting on the reality of what's happening and comparing to what was promised, the sunny uplands...

Quote from: Thomas on October 06, 2021, 09:40:20 AM
No.

The united kingdom refers to the union of the kingdom of scotland with the kingdom of england , which was made up of three nations.

When the power of the irish colonial parliament increased , and the power of the english monarch waned , there was a need for the english elite to create a new union in 1801 between the irish and westmisnter parliament.

The united kingdom already existed prior to 1801 , and the 1921/22 unions.
No it didn't, England (including wales at the time) joined with Scotland to form GB. GB joined with Ireland to form UK, as you say in 1801. The joining of Scotland with England didn't make UK, as you suggest. If NI leaves the union then there is no more UK, it then reverts back to it's old name, GB.

I thought you were a history buff.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on October 06, 2021, 09:34:13 AM
No , you are using heavily loaded terms to try and bolster a failing and weak argument.

You said "fuel shortages". There is no fuel shortage. There is a supply issue which is more correct  , where idiots are queing for 45 minutes to top up 2 quids worth of diesel in case armageddon breaks loose at some unclear time in the future.

Thats not a shortage. Thats normal supply unable to keep up with extraordinary demand , and supply chains dont work like that as everyone knows.
You also said "food shortages.". Again heavily loaded. There is no food shortage , these is a supply issue with certain brands. You can still buy any food or drink you wish , its merely certain brands that have had issues .
..and yet we see many countries around the world , not just in europe , having distribution problems. Driver problems. Supermarkets in France and belgium having issues with "brands".
So you thought you would add two and two and come up with five and blame brexit.

:D

Again , you are doing brexiters work for them by exaggerating.
I didn't come up with the term, I think empty shelves and empty petrol pumps does that, and the UK media latched on. The fuel could be under the ocean and the UK would spin there's no shortage, loads of fuel in storage.

Nothing to do with brexit, is that what your saying.

Sheepy

Stop being such a nasty Leprechaun Gerry we aren't in the EU give Macron your fishing grounds he needs you for votes. We don't have to be the EU's punching bag any longer. After all you have said all along the Irish will give the EU anything it wants.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 08:57:18 AM
Democracy is about all sides having their say, obviously not everyone can win and get their way, but it's not China where voices are culled.

no one is suggesting not everyone can have a say. The part where everyone had their say was pre the 2016 ref , we voted , and brexiters won the argument. Since then what we have had is puerile rattle throwing from anti democratic remainers like yourself who cant accept democracy.
Why is it the United kingdom of Great Britain and northern Ireland. Wasn't the union of Scotland and England the creation of the parliament of Great Britain, not the parliament of the UK

No.

The united kingdom refers to the union of the kingdom of scotland with the kingdom of england , which was made up of three nations.

When the power of the irish colonial parliament increased , and the power of the english monarch waned , there was a need for the english elite to create a new union in 1801 between the irish and westmisnter parliament.

The united kingdom already existed prior to 1801 , and the 1921/22 unions.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 08:42:49 AM
I don't know about you but if I bought 5 times the amount of fuel I'd need to do some amount of driving.

No , you are using heavily loaded terms to try and bolster a failing and weak argument.

You said "fuel shortages". There is no fuel shortage. There is a supply issue which is more correct  , where idiots are queing for 45 minutes to top up 2 quids worth of diesel in case armageddon breaks loose at some unclear time in the future.

Thats not a shortage. Thats normal supply unable to keep up with extraordinary demand , and supply chains dont work like that as everyone knows.

You also said "food shortages.". Again heavily loaded. There is no food shortage , these is a supply issue with certain brands. You can still buy any food or drink you wish , its merely certain brands that have had issues .

QuotePoor distribution is the most likely cause and that being an issue is Brexit.

..and yet we see many countries around the world , not just in europe , having distribution problems. Driver problems. Supermarkets in France and belgium having issues with "brands".

So you thought you would add two and two and come up with five and blame brexit.

:D

Again , you are doing brexiters work for them by exaggerating.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on October 06, 2021, 08:35:49 AM
yawn. No it isnt.

All sides couldnt win in the referendum in 2016 , it was a clear binary choice , and brexiters won.
The united kingdom refers to the original joining of the kingdom of scotland with england. 

Most folk in the uk would happily jettison the 6 counties , but as yet , westmisnter just havent found a face saving way to do so , and brexit could very well be it.

Macron is in big trouble politically as every can't and thier mother knows , and he is picking fights with other nations in the hope the french people will be diverted from ousting him.
Democracy is about all sides having their say, obviously not everyone can win and get their way, but it's not China where voices are culled.

Why is it the United kingdom of Great Britain and northern Ireland. Wasn't the union of Scotland and England the creation of the parliament of Great Britain, not the parliament of the UK.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on October 06, 2021, 08:29:16 AM
There is no food or fuel shortage.

Fuel supplies are normal , we discussed this many a time , the problem is people started panic buying due to comments leaked from a meeting between BP CEO and government , by a bbc remainer.

When people are consuming 5 times the normal weekly amount , basically buying in large amounts stuff they dont need , this isnt a fuel shortage. Its normal supply unable to keep up with extraordinary demand due to hysteria and nothing more.

What food shortage is that then?

Plenty of food in supermarkets. No one is starving , shelves are pretty full. What is happening again , is certain brands of say beer , like san miguel , were scarce for a short time , or certain brands of bottled fizzy water and the like , but you could still buy water or beer or any other type food.

That by definition isnt a food shortage. So please stop exaggerrating.
I don't know about you but if I bought 5 times the amount of fuel I'd need to do some amount of driving. If the fuel isn't at the petrol station then you have a fuel shortage. First the story was theres loads of fuel but we can't get it to the stations, that turned into a cock and bull story of people over buying. What are people doing 1000km extra every week.
Poor distribution is the most likely cause and that being an issue is Brexit. The army isn't out in EU countries.
So shelves are pretty full, that's convincing. I never said that people were starving or rioting, killing each other for bread.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 08:08:38 AM

Democracy is having the ability to listen to all sides,

yawn. No it isnt.

All sides couldnt win in the referendum in 2016 , it was a clear binary choice , and brexiters won.
Remember there is no UK without NI.

The united kingdom refers to the original joining of the kingdom of scotland with england. 

Most folk in the uk would happily jettison the 6 counties , but as yet , westmisnter just havent found a face saving way to do so , and brexit could very well be it.

QuoteYes a tiff between the two. I guess France reducing visas to the area, including Algeria has also been a contributing factor. The only point I can take is the French react when upset, smart move by Johnson to mock Macron's, only done for the domestic audience, which seems to be Johnsons only motivator.

Macron is in big trouble politically as every cant and thier mother knows , and he is picking fights with other nations in the hope the french people will be diverted from ousting him.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 06, 2021, 08:16:40 AM
Yes I said countries are facing this and other issues. But the UK has also Brexit, higher fuel increases and as a result have food and fuel shortages and deployment of the army to help.

There is no food or fuel shortage.

Fuel supplies are normal , we discussed this many a time , the problem is people started panic buying due to comments leaked from a meeting between BP CEO and government , by a bbc remainer.

When people are consuming 5 times the normal weekly amount , basically buying in large amounts stuff they dont need , this isnt a fuel shortage. Its normal supply unable to keep up with extraordinary demand due to hysteria and nothing more.

What food shortage is that then?

Plenty of food in supermarkets. No one is starving , shelves are pretty full. What is happening again , is certain brands of say beer , like san miguel , were scarce for a short time , or certain brands of bottled fizzy water and the like , but you could still buy water or beer or any other type food.

That by definition isnt a food shortage. So please stop exaggerrating.