Main Menu

The Irish are catching on

Started by Streetwalker, October 02, 2021, 07:10:53 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on October 04, 2021, 05:01:34 PM
Have you even looked at the link and vid? (that'll be a no ) so the Irish fisherman are allowed 15% out of the republics waters but mainly France,Belgium and Spain take the other 85% and the Irish aren't allowed in their waters and you say the Irish trawlers are the crooks.

You are a comedian Gerry and talk cobblers based on nothing,EU bad hat? really Gerry?
Well it's working out great for the UK, you have 100% of your fish (not counting the trade deals your doing giving away those fish) but nobody to sell them to.

Yes you do have the "EU BAD HAT" on most of the time. The OP stated
Quote from: Streetwalker on October 02, 2021, 07:10:53 AMWith EU boats facing the prospect of a no deal Brexit or reduced quotas in UK waters it seems Ireland is the next country to be raped by the EU fleet

"Ireland is the next country", how is that so, the common fisheries policy has been in place since 1983, so how is Ireland only now going to to be "raped". It started along time ago when the English were in charge in Ireland. Back then the Irish weren't allowed a boat bigger than a currach, that's not very big. The fish then in the Irish waters were taken by GB boats, remember the spud eating starving Irish. The Irish never had a thriving fishing industry selling to the globe, by 1983 our fishing industry was still in it's infancy. Thanks for that GB. The CFP when agreed made perfect sense for Ireland and also the UK.

The recent changes in quotas is down to Illegal activities by the Irish and having to pay back. The historical CFP is what it is, and has been for decades, nothing new here. So what is this thread about, the Irish are about to be screwed by EU for a deal the Irish signed up to nearly 40yrs ago. Now that's comedy.

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on October 04, 2021, 04:23:20 PM
Exactly, they should be severely punished. Their action will affect the full fishing industry now.

:D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: GerryT on October 04, 2021, 04:24:41 PM
First how was the UK shafted and second how was IRL shafted.

Ted (never trust a tory) Heath , the CFP and the acceptance in Westminster and Dublin that British and Irish waters were to be accessible to all with declining access to our home fleets .

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 04, 2021, 04:22:23 PM
Fair enough

People in the Irish fishing industry are caught in illegal activity, spoiling it for the full industry, and you say I'm making excuses for the EU ???

You should take off the "EU BAD" hat.
Have you even looked at the link and vid? (that'll be a no ) so the Irish fisherman are allowed 15% out of the republics waters but mainly France,Belgium and Spain take the other 85% and the Irish aren't allowed in their waters and you say the Irish trawlers are the crooks.

You are a comedian Gerry and talk cobblers based on nothing,EU bad hat? really Gerry?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 03, 2021, 06:30:17 AM
It will be interesting to see how Ireland react to changes within the EU . Being shafted like the UK was over fishing quotas is one thing but the enforcement of taxes  is another .

First how was the UK shafted and second how was IRL shafted.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2021, 03:23:29 PM
The quota system is based on years of cheating the tax man and that's a direct quote from the harbour master at Kilmore Quay, Wexford.
Exactly, they should be severely punished. Their action will affect the full fishing industry now.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on October 04, 2021, 11:22:02 AM
Typical Gerry can't be bothered to read the OP,the link is from the republic not UK.

And as usual makes any excuse for the eu.

And it's they're not their.
Fair enough

People in the Irish fishing industry are caught in illegal activity, spoiling it for the full industry, and you say I'm making excuses for the EU ???

You should take off the "EU BAD" hat.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 04, 2021, 09:10:50 AMCheating the quota system.

The quota system is based on years of cheating the tax man and that's a direct quote from the harbour master at Kilmore Quay, Wexford.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 04, 2021, 09:10:50 AM
From what I've read, the issue stems from a problem in the Irish fishing industry, where fish catch weights were being under reported for yrs. Cheating the quota system.
The EU rightly has taken them to task and are addressing the situation by reclaiming the stolen quotas. A temporary change in quotas, brought on by a industry caught out. When the balance is met, the quotas will return to normal.

Irish fishermen can jump up and down all they want, they were involved in a scam and were caught, they now have to pay for that.

You need to stop reading those UK rags that pretend their news worthy.

Typical Gerry can't be bothered to read the OP,the link is from the republic not UK.

And as usual makes any excuse for the eu.

And it's they're not their.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 03, 2021, 06:30:17 AM
It will be interesting to see how Ireland react to changes within the EU . Being shafted like the UK was over fishing quotas is one thing but the enforcement of taxes  is another .

Dont forget it was the Irish who rejected the Lisbon treaty , mainly over their right to veto tax policy .It was a big issue of the referendum campaign with the French (yes them again) at the time calling for a common tax base .

The EU gave assurances  any tax changes would have to be by  unanimous  vote in effect allowing  Ireland to keep the veto on tax and  their competitive advantage with low corporate tax rates .

This apparently is about to change , not only will Eire loose its competitive edge its giving up sovereignty on a basic function of national government .  Those who voted no  on the 12th June 2008 will maybe be looking for another crack at it .
From what I've read, the issue stems from a problem in the Irish fishing industry, where fish catch weights were being under reported for yrs. Cheating the quota system.
The EU rightly has taken them to task and are addressing the situation by reclaiming the stolen quotas. A temporary change in quotas, brought on by a industry caught out. When the balance is met, the quotas will return to normal.

Irish fishermen can jump up and down all they want, they were involved in a scam and were caught, they now have to pay for that.

You need to stop reading those UK rags that pretend their news worthy.

Streetwalker

Dont forget it was the Irish who rejected the Lisbon treaty , mainly over their right to veto tax policy .It was a big issue of the referendum campaign with the French (yes them again) at the time calling for a common tax base .

The EU gave assurances  any tax changes would have to be by  unanimous  vote in effect allowing  Ireland to keep the veto on tax and  their competitive advantage with low corporate tax rates .

This apparently is about to change , not only will Eire loose its competitive edge its giving up sovereignty on a basic function of national government .  Those who voted no  on the 12th June 2008 will maybe be looking for another crack at it .

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 02, 2021, 08:09:12 PMWell, I admit I'd pay to watch that get declared

But probably from another continent.....
Ha the Irish ain't my enemy, although Gerry does his best to convince us all they are.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 02, 2021, 04:55:32 PM
I said it before and I'm saying it again:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland before the decade ends as the Irish rejoin the Anglosphere and accept our gracious Queen as supreme leader.

The Irish are now feeling the negative impact of being in the EU and are looking towards Britain with envy. With the EU being notoriously behind in the space race, a flourishing galactic Britain so close to their doorstep has the Irish flustered.

Now that Boris has levelled up the country, the Brexit benefits are all too obvious for the rest of the world to see.

Well, I admit I'd pay to watch that get declared

But probably from another continent.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2021, 03:36:43 PM
Some posts edited or deleted. Abusing members not even present in the thread about Irish fishing isn't really on.

Shit Ollie, do you think Gerry even knows where Ireland is?
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 02, 2021, 04:55:32 PM
I said it before and I'm saying it again:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland before the decade ends as the Irish rejoin the Anglosphere and accept our gracious Queen as supreme leader.

The Irish are now feeling the negative impact of being in the EU and are looking towards Britain with envy. With the EU being notoriously behind in the space race, a flourishing galactic Britain so close to their doorstep has the Irish flustered.

Now that Boris has levelled up the country, the Brexit benefits are all too obvious for the rest of the world to see.

I have to tell you Hallowed that most of the board has agreed that

(a) you are full of shit

(b) you are fun

(c) (b) outweighs (a)

Keep up the inane bollocks  :) :)

Algerie Francais !