Einstein was right.

Started by Nick, October 02, 2021, 07:49:43 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 02, 2021, 08:59:28 AM
Drinking in the early hours or even before work ? Yes been there , used to have a couple of swift ones before  working in the city in the old markets . It was more for the fact you could rather than a need but I guess 24 hour licencing has taken the fun out of that .

Building sites in them days really were full of drunks ,almost everyone had been divorced or were going through one and it was common practice to head back to the pub at tea break and lunch which often blurred into the same thing . For me and the rest of the young lads at the time it was just one big laugh .
Great work if you can get it , the boss even asked us to 'work' weekends to catch up !

The good old SC60 days.

''Twas funny, the hotel didn't mind selling me the wine but asked that I didn't drink it down stairs whilst people were eating breakfast 😆
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Drinking in the early hours or even before work ? Yes been there , used to have a couple of swift ones before  working in the city in the old markets . It was more for the fact you could rather than a need but I guess 24 hour licencing has taken the fun out of that .

Building sites in them days really were full of drunks ,almost everyone had been divorced or were going through one and it was common practice to head back to the pub at tea break and lunch which often blurred into the same thing . For me and the rest of the young lads at the time it was just one big laugh .
Great work if you can get it , the boss even asked us to 'work' weekends to catch up !

T00ts

LOL Oh yes I have done that many times. I have been known to go 2 days when I needed to choreograph entire performances. The dead of night can be the most inspired. If nothing else it guaranteed a really decent night's sleep afterwards. I never opened a bottle though, hot chocolate was just the ticket.

Nick

Turns out everything is actually relative.

After working all night I've just hung up my laptop, and as you good people sit down to your Cornflakes I'm opening a bottle of wine. To some of you that have never done this sort of thing it probably sounds gross, but it's perfectly acceptable.

I remember once when I was working at GSK in the Forrest of Dean, I finished a night shift and was standing outside the Spar in Monmouth waiting for it to open to buy a bottle of Brandy. The Spoons in Monmouth was particularly noisy during the day and it was the only way I could get some kip.

🍻
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.