Bliar plays the fiddle

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2021, 06:42:14 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

This news item is only a taster of what's claimed to be vast amounts of information on many important public figures.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 03, 2021, 08:20:23 PMAnd rather laughably they think this will make them popular. Because one thing I do not notice hardly anywhere is nostalgia for the Blair years.
But then every Parliamentary leader since and even in the US they have him on speed dial, he certainly is Teflon Tony. I watched him the other day in his purely callous way, he said that is politics.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on October 03, 2021, 08:20:23 PM
Blair is the archetypical Labour centrist, idol of a bunch of other centrists with a stranglehold on the PLP. All about the power, and nothing more. No principle that cannot be traded away. And a total bunch of carreerist selfish bastards in it for themselves. Expecting Blair to ever have done anything to reduce inequality is like expecting Dracula to secure the blood supply. This piece of news is utterly unsurprising. It is typical of the money grubbing ways of many a Tory. Tory Blur.

And that fool Starmer wants to be like him? Wants to start singing his praises? That is quite predictably falling flat in the polls.

I mean let's be totally blunt here about the kind of guy Blair is. In return for a shedload of cash, he was quite prepared to go and offer political advice to an Uzhbek dictator known to have had political opponents boiled alive. That tells you all you need to know about the man. And Starmer and his acolytes want to champion him? Mimic him?

And rather laughably they think this will make them popular. Because one thing I do not notice hardly anywhere is nostalgia for the Blair years.

Its incredible steve that keir starmer and those currently at the top of labour are publicly annoucning how they want to mimic tony blair , and then stories like this come out and yet again blairs name and legacy , trashed beyond any redemption is dragged once more though the mud and shit. I mean it was only a few weeks back during the afghan withdrawing debacle his name was being  trashed  , and here we are again.

Starmer must be facepalming in his office this very minute , while johnson sturgeon and every other political leader howling with laughter.

We are just mere plebs waffling on the interwebby about politics , and we can say , and have said for ten years or more  , how bad blair was and how his name is mud among the ordinary plebs , yet these centrists and their supporters think he is great?

The mind boggles.

These people are classed as serious professional politicians?

I could have a more serious professional political conversation with my teenage daughter and her mates than  these absolute imbecilic feckwits .

How aptly named that westminster bubble actually is. Talk about being oblivious of the world around you.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on October 03, 2021, 07:47:12 PM
Tony blair , the gift that keeps giving eh cromwell?

...and that absolue imbecile starmer thinks its great following in the mans footsteps?

Like so much of blairs rotten legacy and behaviour we hear the same old story that "no laws have been broken but"......his hypocrisy is laid bare yet again for all to see.
Blair is the archetypical Labour centrist, idol of a bunch of other centrists with a stranglehold on the PLP. All about the power, and nothing more. No principle that cannot be traded away. And a total bunch of carreerist selfish bastards in it for themselves. Expecting Blair to ever have done anything to reduce inequality is like expecting Dracula to secure the blood supply. This piece of news is utterly unsurprising. It is typical of the money grubbing ways of many a Tory. Tory Blur.

And that fool Starmer wants to be like him? Wants to start singing his praises? That is quite predictably falling flat in the polls.

I mean let's be totally blunt here about the kind of guy Blair is. In return for a shedload of cash, he was quite prepared to go and offer political advice to an Uzhbek dictator known to have had political opponents boiled alive. That tells you all you need to know about the man. And Starmer and his acolytes want to champion him? Mimic him?

And rather laughably they think this will make them popular. Because one thing I do not notice hardly anywhere is nostalgia for the Blair years.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 03, 2021, 06:42:14 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58780559
New labour new bent deals

Tony blair , the gift that keeps giving eh cromwell?

...and that absolue imbecile starmer thinks its great following in the mans footsteps?

Tony and Cherie Blair did not have to pay £312,000 in stamp duty when buying a £6.45m London townhouse, leaked documents show.

No laws were broken in buying the Harcourt Street office but Mr Blair had previously been critical of tax loopholes, once saying "the tax system is a haven of scams, perks, City deals and profits".

In his first speech as Labour leader in 1994, Mr Blair said: "Millionaires with the right accountant pay nothing while pensioners pay VAT on fuel.

"Offshore trusts get tax relief while homeowners pay VAT on insurance premiums. We will create a tax system that is fair which is related to ability to pay."

Like so much of blairs rotten legacy and behaviour we hear the same old story that "no laws have been broken but"......his hypocrisy is laid bare yet again for all to see.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 03, 2021, 07:23:07 PM
Why would I be embarressed about highlighting Bliar?
Only someone with your lack of self awareness would post what you did.

Because of who else is in the is in the Pandora report. (I never have liked Blair by the way and still don't.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2021, 06:57:23 PM
Given the exposures in the report singling Blair out could be very embarrassing for you.
Why would I be embarressed about highlighting Bliar?
Only someone with your lack of self awareness would post what you did.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Given the exposures in the report singling Blair out could be very embarrassing for you.

The point is papa is that millionaires ,celebrities ,pop stars ect haven't stood up in parliament and told us what a disgrace it is that
people with the right lawyers can get away without paying any tax .

Its right that the lying  hypocrite  is singled out .

Sheepy

Oh, go on I will buy it, I doubt it will be worth it but nevertheless explain how it will be embarrassing for Cromwell.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 03, 2021, 06:55:02 PM
I think I'll post what I like without reference to you.......Frankly.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2021, 06:53:35 PM
I think you mean just Blair.
I suggest going to the source before singling anyone out:-

https://www.icij.org/investigations/pandora-papers/about-pandora-papers-leak-dataset/
I think I'll post what I like without reference to you.......Frankly.

papasmurf

cromwell