Bliar plays the fiddle

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2021, 06:42:14 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2021, 07:51:22 AMSo you can tell us the point of this whistleblowing then?
If you don't know the point in whistleblowing by now, then there's no point in anyone trying to explain it to you!
I guess you thought this topic was going to be a triumphalist rampage through the exposure of Blair's tax dodges but now it looks like turning into one about whether Russian fraudsters helped put Boris in No.10 it's all gone a bit "oo-err, Missus" for you!
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 04, 2021, 12:31:15 PM
When you have a Political Class that is nearly all composed of Lawyers and or Lobbyists, then this is what you get.
These people are advocates, paid advocates, not leaders and their primary job is to deliver policy, without us plebs ever getting to learn, who our real leaders actually are.
I have one of those feelings coming on, it is all for the greater good, 3,2,1
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 04, 2021, 11:41:02 AM
It is certainly true that the willingness of Scots to rejoin would be greatly affected by how good or bad the terms were likely to be.

And guess who's going to be holding all the cards regarding trade deals and borders? Not the EU.
Perfect time for Boris to let Scotland have Indy2 and assuming they win point out to the EU, what ever you do on the Scottish border you do on the Irish border. There will be more tech solutions put forward than you can shake a stick at.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 07:42:21 AMToday it's a prominent donor to the Tory party who's close to Boris Johnson.

Oh no, a person putting their own money into a private equity firm. What a scandal.
Even the BBC who lead with Tory donor in telecom scandal only got to paragraph 2 before the story fizzled out.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

When you have a Political Class that is nearly all composed of Lawyers and or Lobbyists, then this is what you get.
These people are advocates, paid advocates, not leaders and their primary job is to deliver policy, without us plebs ever getting to learn, who our real leaders actually are.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 04, 2021, 09:31:09 AM
Well housing is not going to get easier for anyone any time soon, except for those with plenty of money who own loads of it already.

Because a full 90 Tory MPs are landlords, whilst 18 Labour ones are. None of which takes account of families and friends who will often include landlords. The Tory Party is the archetypical party of landlords. Now Keir Starmer has made a 90 minute speech the other week without mentioning housing once. Not once. Clearly Starmer is going to do nothing on housing like Blair. So he is not going to get the votes of those millions of young people either stuck at home with their parents or paying extortionate rents in the private sector with zero securirty, and often in shoddy accommodation. Most of them on long waiting lists for non-existent social housing. Nothing about reining back buy to letters buying up so much of the new builds and pushing housing prices to ever more unaffordable levels for first time buyers. In short, the have nots of housing who have proven unable to ever rely on the Tories have just been comprehensively abandoned by Labour again too.

Too many of the careerist, self interested scumbags, not least Blair himself, do far too well out of the housing crisis to want to do anything about it. And are apparently happy to write off the many millions who are victims of it.

It is sickening to watch.
A long-winded lot of waffle Steve, anyway the point being the people who make the laws who say they are representatives of the masses, are actually controlled by a very few people who couldn't careless much about the masses and you don't get a choice.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 04, 2021, 11:13:29 AM
I suspect that will be a whole new Scottish battle, especially when they really digest the terms that will be offered. The promise of independence is the only reason Sturgeon is in place.
It is certainly true that the willingness of Scots to rejoin would be greatly affected by how good or bad the terms were likely to be.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on October 04, 2021, 11:10:14 AM
I cannot resist mischievously pointing out that if and when Scotland becomes independent, one of the first things it is likely to do is to approach the EU with a view to negotiating acceptable terms for rejoining.

I suspect that will be a whole new Scottish battle, especially when they really digest the terms that will be offered. The promise of independence is the only reason Sturgeon is in place.

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on October 04, 2021, 07:53:14 AM

I tell you quackers , with delusional losers like you on the rejoin side , who needs enemies?
I cannot resist mischievously pointing out that if and when Scotland becomes independent, one of the first things it is likely to do is to approach the EU with a view to negotiating acceptable terms for rejoining.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on October 03, 2021, 11:00:23 PM
Well, it was very nice to have the tax break during the pandemic to stimulate the housing market. During which I sold my house.
I might be buying another shortly which will cost me £2k or more in Tax which is all "stamp duty" really is.
So this story really annoys me personally, as if they don't have to pay, neither should we.
The thing is, they can easily afford their taxes, whereas for me it is a struggle.
Well housing is not going to get easier for anyone any time soon, except for those with plenty of money who own loads of it already.

Because a full 90 Tory MPs are landlords, whilst 18 Labour ones are. None of which takes account of families and friends who will often include landlords. The Tory Party is the archetypical party of landlords. Now Keir Starmer has made a 90 minute speech the other week without mentioning housing once. Not once. Clearly Starmer is going to do nothing on housing like Blair. So he is not going to get the votes of those millions of young people either stuck at home with their parents or paying extortionate rents in the private sector with zero securirty, and often in shoddy accommodation. Most of them on long waiting lists for non-existent social housing. Nothing about reining back buy to letters buying up so much of the new builds and pushing housing prices to ever more unaffordable levels for first time buyers. In short, the have nots of housing who have proven unable to ever rely on the Tories have just been comprehensively abandoned by Labour again too.

Too many of the careerist, self interested scumbags, not least Blair himself, do far too well out of the housing crisis to want to do anything about it. And are apparently happy to write off the many millions who are victims of it.

It is sickening to watch.

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 07:42:21 AM
Like I said, that was just the beginning. Today it's a prominent donor to the Tory party who's close to Boris Johnson. Who next I wonder?
Many of the things that get written here crash to the ground in flames before they get anywhere near my head.

Well i dont think it matters if any liberals are mentioned , they are non entities now anyway quack. It is funny though , you must admit , tony blair getting more grief ?

As we said how bad must starmer and his labour party adivisors be modelling themselves on the blairite regime , not just with new labours record in government , but then only a few weeks back tony blair getting grief over afghanistan , then starmer thinks its all gone quiet and he can go back to singing blairs praises and now this.

Talk about one step forward and three steps back.?

I hope some tories are mentioned as well quack quack. All good fun.

Just remember though from your perspective of the old status quo , no matter who is mentioned , it isnt going to stop me going out every election and voting for scot indy , and it isnt going to stop brexiters voting against rejoiners. So its a lose lose for you yet again .

QuoteMany of the things that get written here crash to the ground in flames before they get anywhere near my head.

We know. I have only been saying the same thing over and over for ten years now , you merely wish a platform to pontificate , not debate , and when pushed you may lower yourself to the odd reply just to save face.

I tell you quackers , with delusional losers like you on the rejoin side , who needs enemies?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 07:42:21 AM
Like I said, that was just the beginning. Today it's a prominent donor to the Tory party who's close to Boris Johnson. Who next I wonder?
Many of the things that get written here crash to the ground in flames before they get anywhere near my head.

So you can tell us the point of this whistleblowing then?

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on October 03, 2021, 11:38:40 PMWell, I wouldn't worry your little head about it Ducky, like many things that get written here it goes right over it anyway.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 03, 2021, 10:33:47 PM
This news item is only a taster of what's claimed to be vast amounts of information on many important public figures.
Well, I wouldn't worry your little head about it Ducky, like many things that get written here it goes right over it anyway.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on October 03, 2021, 10:33:47 PM
This news item is only a taster of what's claimed to be vast amounts of information on many important public figures.
Well, it was very nice to have the tax break during the pandemic to stimulate the housing market. During which I sold my house.
I might be buying another shortly which will cost me £2k or more in Tax which is all "stamp duty" really is.
So this story really annoys me personally, as if they don't have to pay, neither should we.
The thing is, they can easily afford their taxes, whereas for me it is a struggle.
† The end is nigh †