Bliar plays the fiddle

Started by cromwell, October 03, 2021, 06:42:14 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 03:08:58 PM
If you don't know the point in whistleblowing by now, then there's no point in anyone trying to explain it to you!
I guess you thought this topic was going to be a triumphalist rampage through the exposure of Blair's tax dodges but now it looks like turning into one about whether Russian fraudsters helped put Boris in No.10 it's all gone a bit "oo-err, Missus" for you!

People have been talking about russian oligarchs giving money to the tories for the best part of the last decade. I posted an article on it from scotland showing how ruth davidson , while screeching about bad russians , had received tens of thousands of pounds from russian donors in 2016.

So its nothing new , and shows how out of touch you are you think this is some revelation.

Further , bleating about russian donors giving money to the tories is in no way comparable to a former high profile uk prime minister dodging 300 grands worth of tax after years spent pontificating from the podium about tax dodgers and how his party were going to fix it. Like much else , it showed the hot air blair spouted  , and the continuing hypocrisy of the man and his legacy being ashes.

Everyone expects the tories to be corrupt can't , and self centred. With labour though , who make a policy of portraying themself whiter than white , when we hear the latest corrupt self centred story , wether its croydon labour council , joe anderson and the dodgy labour mafia in liverpool , the lanarkshire labour mafioso in scotland etc , and now blair and his tax dodging , it always seems much worse and highly hypocritical.

Must try harder quack.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on October 04, 2021, 11:10:14 AM
I cannot resist mischievously pointing out that if and when Scotland becomes independent, one of the first things it is likely to do is to approach the EU with a view to negotiating acceptable terms for rejoining.

you arent being mischievious though steve. You are showing that despite our many conversations , you still dont understand the mentality of scots.

The EU is a side issue for most of us. The main issue is independence from the uk.

I spoke to people in 2016 who voted to remain in the EU purely as they thought it would be the opposite of how England voted.

Im more aware than you are that scotland is a pro remain country. Three quarters of the people  , plus practically every major political party is pro EU , as well as most of our institutions.

Most scots arent interested in the internal wranglings of your countries pro and anti EU sentiment. Wether its a pro leave english tory or ukipper , or pro remain labourite or liberal  , the independence voting block couldnt care less which is partly why your party and the liberals are in a mess in scotland.

You are seen as foreign parties championing foreign interests , with a  predictable lack of support at election time.

The trouble with labour steve , both corbynite and blairite , is you have forgotten your main ingredient in success over the decades in scotland...championing home rule , pro scotland , and have drifted away as seeing us merely as voting fodder in internal english political battles .

In a normal independent scotland , i would currently vote leave in terms of the EU. We arent in a normal independent country though  .

Whatever the outcome , i would respect the vote either way unlike many of your fellow english pro remain colleagues.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 04, 2021, 07:18:01 PM

It is going to be painful before we see a better standard of living.

Probably about fifty years
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 04, 2021, 07:18:01 PM
Since when have Conservatives been the bad guys?
Since at least the days of Margaret Thatcher. But Labour centrists are little better. Neither are really worth voting for and I shall be supporting neither.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

HDQQ

It's stepping up an order of magnitude, with revelations that the wife of a Russian ex-minister has donated a total of £1.9 million to the Tory party since 2012.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58711151

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on October 04, 2021, 06:20:14 PM
Listen Quackers yeah I started the thread,me right wing? ask DD, Bliar portrayed himself for the people " Things can only get better?" yeah for Bliar and co,blind Pugh and biometric shares these people portrayed themselves as other than what they are.

Sure the Tories are in many cases crooks,but then they've never pretended otherwise except Tory Bliar the pig botherer Cameron.

All pigs at the trough though in this case the pigs are still alive and the only ones getting a good rodgering are the ordinary people who pay their dues.

Now I'll have to take you to task on that. Since when have Conservatives been the bad guys? Labour whatever degree of hypocrisy is fashionable in their den are not exactly do gooders. They spend like there is no tomorrow - because for them there rarely is - then manage somehow to keep the 'working man' exactly where he has always been. There is no provision for advancement because Labour only survives by maintaining the underclass so that they can pretend to be sorry for them but in fact keep them dependant.
Sunak today obviously want us to recover from lefty EU rule which undercut our workers and gave the bosses more profit. We have been living in cloud cuckoo land now we have to sort out the cost of Covid and haul ourselves up by the boot straps. The problem is that so long in the EU has made us forget who we are.

It is going to be painful before we see a better standard of living.

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 03:22:56 PM
I'm not getting what you're on about. A group of journalists and investigators has found loads of stuff about political leaders and top business people. They have now decided to leak some of this. The politicians and business people don't like the leaks an they're trying to get them stopped. Someone started a thread on this board about one of the first leaks, which was about Blair's tax dodge and it it was a merry feeding frenzy, a gift to the right wing. Now there's more serious stuff coming out linked to the Tories and the feeding frenzy seems more like an outbreak of botulism.
Listen Quackers yeah I started the thread,me right wing? ask DD, Bliar portrayed himself for the people " Things can only get better?" yeah for Bliar and co,blind Pugh and biometric shares these people portrayed themselves as other than what they are.

Sure the Tories are in many cases crooks,but then they've never pretended otherwise except Tory Bliar the pig botherer Cameron.

All pigs at the trough though in this case the pigs are still alive and the only ones getting a good rodgering are the ordinary people who pay their dues.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 03:26:52 PM
OK, if nobody's broken the law, why does this thread exist?  Perhaps the moderators should lock this thread - what do you think, Sheeps?  It's all in your hands.
And who might be making these laws that are not breakable for the few? All over the world?
It couldn't possibly be those the same media has been calling the law makers for a few decades, could it?

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2021, 03:20:33 PM
So, and how many more have been caught out not breaking the law? Am I talking to myself or something?
OK, if nobody's broken the law, why does this thread exist?  Perhaps the moderators should lock this thread - what do you think, Sheeps?  It's all in your hands.

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on October 04, 2021, 03:15:11 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/world-leaders-try-to-limit-fallout-from-pandora-papers-revelations/ar-AAP7G3D?ocid=msedgntp
You are really not getting this at all are you Ducky?
I'm not getting what you're on about. A group of journalists and investigators has found loads of stuff about political leaders and top business people. They have now decided to leak some of this. The politicians and business people don't like the leaks an they're trying to get them stopped. Someone started a thread on this board about one of the first leaks, which was about Blair's tax dodge and it it was a merry feeding frenzy, a gift to the right wing. Now there's more serious stuff coming out linked to the Tories and the feeding frenzy seems more like an outbreak of botulism.

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 03:15:31 PM
I'm referring to the latest disclosure . . . https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-58791274

So, and how many more have been caught out not breaking the law? Am I talking to myself or something?

HDQQ

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 04, 2021, 03:08:58 PM
If you don't know the point in whistleblowing by now, then there's no point in anyone trying to explain it to you!
I guess you thought this topic was going to be a merry little romp through Blair's tax dodges but now it looks like turning into one about whether Russian fraudsters helped put Boris in No.10 it's all gone a bit "oo-err, Missus" for you!
EH? back on planet Ducky then.