Yesterday UK had highest number of new covid cases of any country.

Started by HDQQ, October 04, 2021, 08:16:20 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on October 13, 2021, 07:32:47 PM
Having worked right through the whole episode I've seen that certain ethnic groups in the U.K. have totally disregarded all advice from the government.
Presumably including white males between the ages of 55 and 70.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

HDQQ

For several months now the UK has had far more daily cases and far more deaths than France, Germany, Italy and Spain - all countries that were affected just as badly as we were at the start of the pandemic. We now have more daily cases than Brazil, even. Today we had 42,000 new cases, the most since July. That's approaching half as many cases in one day that China has had since covid appeared in Wuhan in at the beginning of last year (96,000).

Even taking into account variations in statistical criteria, the situation here is still dire. Yet the government seems complacent and too many British people seem to brush aside the concerns and ignore the precautions because most people don't get seriously ill. That's a bit like saying that most cars with faulty brakes don't crash.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on October 13, 2021, 11:28:18 AM
I see, so Italy, which had more deaths than us, did a better job, and Sweden which had fewer deaths than the yearly average, they were wrong to be more relaxed?  So up is down and down is up.  Did the BBC tell you that?

Exactly, and this goes to show it's down to the citizens actions and not the governments actions in my opinion. Having worked right through the whole episode I've seen that certain ethnic groups in the U.K. have totally disregarded all advice from the government.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on October 13, 2021, 12:18:37 AMfollowed the example of Italy

Italy has a higher death rate per population that the U.K., in fact we are 25th, with 14 EU countries worse than us. So your opening statement is totally wrong.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on October 12, 2021, 10:11:13 AM
Report issued by MPs today has mixed findings re Government's response to the pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Vaccination programme a major success, almost everything else a disaster.
No report in your link, but it sounds like government propaganda.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on October 13, 2021, 12:18:37 AM
What I would have done - what any sensible person would have done - is followed the example of Italy who were several weeks ahead of us and locked down sooner.
I see, so Italy, which had more deaths than us, did a better job, and Sweden which had fewer deaths than the yearly average, they were wrong to be more relaxed?  So up is down and down is up.  Did the BBC tell you that?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on October 13, 2021, 12:18:37 AMis followed the example of Italy who were several weeks ahead of us and locked down sooner.
Italy have had 2177 deaths per million population.
UK have had 2018 deaths per million population.
It made no difference. It's unstoppable.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on October 12, 2021, 08:18:33 PM
Didn't matter what they did it would have been wrong. Lock down earlier and the Lefties would say it's too soon, likewise if it was later.

I'd love to know what you'd have done.
What I would have done - what any sensible person would have done - is followed the example of Italy who were several weeks ahead of us and locked down sooner. And combined that with what most other countries did and severely restrict flights into the country. As it was, for the first three months or more of our eventual lockdown, any Joe and his grandad could get on a plane and fly into the UK with no quarantine or checks when he got here at all. Anyone but an idiot ought to have recognised the rank incompetance and stupidity of this. And then there are the virtually criminal releases of elderly patients from hospital untested to spread the illness in care homes. Thousands died from this particular stupidity alone. A cabinet full of 12 year olds would have done better.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Report issued by MPs today has mixed findings re Government's response to the pandemic.

Didn't matter what they did it would have been wrong. Lock down earlier and the Lefties would say it's too soon, likewise if it was later.

I'd love to know what you'd have done.

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on October 12, 2021, 10:51:05 AM
Interesting.
Why waste money on a public enquiry?
If it's not important to have a public enquiry into covid, then it's never important to have any public enquiries into anything.

Barry

Interesting.
Why waste money on a public enquiry?
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

papasmurf

I am getting my third Covid 19 vaccination on Wednesday, (after one email message and two letters asking me to book one,) flu vaccination next Saturday.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

I see Sweden has done a terrible job during the scamdemic.  Total deaths dropped (which means they went up, or something, you just have to learn how to interpret numbers, and ALWAYS listen to the media).  🤣