Yesterday UK had highest number of new covid cases of any country.

Started by HDQQ, October 04, 2021, 08:16:20 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 04, 2021, 12:03:45 AM
There are plenty of cases of Covid in Brittany .

In Brittany, as of Wednesday 3 November 2021, the hospital occupancy reaches 11%, and the R effective – namely the virus' standard reproduction rate, also known as the number of people who can be potentially contaminated by someone infected by the virus – reaches 1.
267 Covid patients in hospital and there have been 1781 deaths

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/coronavirus/guides/247524-brittany-the-daily-health-situation-in-the-area/lang/en
pappy caught out telling porkies yet again.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on October 30, 2021, 09:54:58 PMBut there's no reason for a healthy person to, and you haven't explained why they would
You're only healthy until an unknown and underlying issue shows it's self, and guess what? That's just what this virus looks for, and by then it's too late to have the vaccine and you're brown bread.
I personally don't want to take the risk that I have that undiagnosed issue.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2021, 04:20:39 PM
That is a frankly a crass comparison. the result of the Covid passport system is where I went in Brittany there has been no cases of Covid.

There are plenty of cases of Covid in Brittany .

In Brittany, as of Wednesday 3 November 2021, the hospital occupancy reaches 11%, and the R effective – namely the virus' standard reproduction rate, also known as the number of people who can be potentially contaminated by someone infected by the virus – reaches 1.
267 Covid patients in hospital and there have been 1781 deaths

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/coronavirus/guides/247524-brittany-the-daily-health-situation-in-the-area/lang/en

srb7677

Quote from: Scott777 on November 03, 2021, 07:44:41 PM
Yes, having shares in vaccines can make your mind quite clear.  PROMOTE VACCINE.  PROMOTE VACCINE.
Having shares in stupidity and paranoia seems to work quite well with some people too, eh?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on November 03, 2021, 06:49:45 PM
The senior medical advisors are clear enough in their messaging. 
Yes, having shares in vaccines can make your mind quite clear.  PROMOTE VACCINE.  PROMOTE VACCINE.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on November 03, 2021, 06:20:14 PM

This being so, I'm happy to believe that the restrictions and vaccines are continuing to limit the number of infectors and infected among the careful public.
If it makes you feel good, I suppose some people have religion, and you have your own faith in vaccines, despite the science.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

The problem is that the politicians keep facing two ways at once. The senior medical advisors are clear enough in their messaging. It's the PM and others wanting to please everyone instead of laying down firm rules that are endangering the UK's path out of rabid Covid...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on November 03, 2021, 06:20:14 PM

Unfortunately, the vaccine roll-out and boost is slowing down, which suggests Christmas may see further spikes thus threatening, among other activities, travelling overseas...
What is threatening travel overseas, is the bureaucratic and financial barriers to it put in place by the British government. (I am too incandescent about it, to detail it in this thread, when I have calmed down I may start thread about it.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2021, 05:37:24 PM
Care to venture another reason for the lack of Covid in the area where we were on holiday?
Two camping/caravan site owners I know stated they have had the busiest season ever and still getting bookings this late in the year.
The enforcement of the much stricter than UK Covid regulations has to be a factor.

The problem is that nothing is 100% certain, and that leaves the anti-vaxxers room to troll and play their games. So far hands/face/space plus vaccines and steering clear of crowded enclosed spaces appears to have worked for us — including a couple who have patient-facing jobs in the NHS. This being so, I'm happy to believe that the restrictions and vaccines are continuing to limit the number of infectors and infected among the careful public.

Unfortunately, the vaccine roll-out and boost is slowing down, which suggests Christmas may see further spikes thus threatening, among other activities, travelling overseas...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 03, 2021, 04:35:38 PM
Correlation is not causation.
Care to venture another reason for the lack of Covid in the area where we were on holiday?
Two camping/caravan site owners I know stated they have had the busiest season ever and still getting bookings this late in the year.
The enforcement of the much stricter than UK Covid regulations has to be a factor.

Scott777

the result of the Covid passport system is where I went in Brittany there has been no cases of Covid.
How many have they tested?  Zero?

Barry

the result of the Covid passport system is where I went in Brittany there has been no cases of Covid.
Correlation is not causation.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 03, 2021, 02:06:09 PM
Well, yellow stars worked quite well for those blonde, blue eyed Arians.  Have you seen the Nuremberg rallies - they were packed.
That is a frankly a crass comparison. the result of the Covid passport system is where I went in Brittany there has been no cases of Covid.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 03, 2021, 10:34:11 AM
Vaccine passes seen to be working well in Brittany during my recent holiday. They are compulsory to gain entrance to bars, cafés, restaurants and events. I did not go to any events but the bars, cafés, and restaurants I visited were all rammed full of customers.
Roscoff last Saturday night was rammed solid with people. Luckily we had booked the Saturday night in a hotel weeks before our holiday or we would have had to sleep in the car.

Well, yellow stars worked quite well for those blonde, blue eyed Arians.  Have you seen the Nuremberg rallies - they were packed.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 29, 2021, 10:14:27 PM
no one should equate my resistance to vaccine passes with me being anti vaccines, as I am not. 
Vaccine passes seen to be working well in Brittany during my recent holiday. They are compulsory to gain entrance to bars, cafés, restaurants and events. I did not go to any events but the bars, cafés, and restaurants I visited were all rammed full of customers.
Roscoff last Saturday night was rammed solid with people. Luckily we had booked the Saturday night in a hotel weeks before our holiday or we would have had to sleep in the car.