Yesterday UK had highest number of new covid cases of any country.

Started by HDQQ, October 04, 2021, 08:16:20 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 04, 2021, 03:37:26 PM
According to this BBC site 22 hours ago you enter a postcode (I googled a Lizard postcode to use) there are many more cases than 19

There are about 407 cases per 100000 people

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-55804222
Those are NOT the latest statistics for the Lizard, 19 cases and 195.5/100000

Local summary for TR12 6JW | Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (data.gov.uk)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 11:33:13 AM

Britain has parishes not communes. Information is not available down to parish level. For the whole of the Lizard Peninsula the latest data is 19 positive tests in the last week.

According to this BBC site 22 hours ago you enter a postcode (I googled a Lizard postcode to use) there are many more cases than 19

There are about 407 cases per 100000 people

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-55804222

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 02:45:32 PM
I'm going to Malta in 3 weeks time and as I told you before you went away the testing criteria changed.
It has now, it had not before I went on holiday. (I informed you of that.)
The change was announced far too late for me to do anything about it. I needed the reference numbers for the tests for the passenger locator forms or you can't get out or back into the country.
I don't want any of your usual ill informed waffle I have just been through the process.
I had a more than enough of an (expleted deleted,) nightmare as it is, as did numerous passengers before they could board the ferry at Roscoff to come back to Plymouth.

Nick

Scott, like EVERY other person returning to Britain from a foreign country I had to take a Covid test on my return, (The cost of the test is daylight robbery, no wonder Randox can afford to pay Owen Paterson MP over £4000  month for "consultancy.")
Can I ask how old you are?
Britain has parishes not communes. Information is not available down to parish level. For the whole of the Lizard Peninsula the latest data is 19 positive tests in the last week.
I'm going to Malta in 3 weeks time and as I told you before you went away the testing criteria changed. It's £28 for a test, mine are already in the cupboard waiting to be done when I get back. And before you say it came in too late for you, no it didn't so it's your own fault if you paid out some ridiculous amount. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on November 04, 2021, 08:49:17 AM
So by that logic, no one should ever drive, because you may not know it, but you might have a condition that will suddenly present itself, and cause a pile up.
That's a ridiculous argument and you know it. 
Since when does driving exacerbate an underlying respiratory condition in the same way Covid does for example?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 04, 2021, 01:57:15 PM
I asked 2 questions.  You answered only 1.  I don't know, maybe you are hiding something.  How many were tested in your commune?  As for your test, it doesn't tell me if you were positive when you were in your commune.  I'm not far from 50.
I don't live in a commune as I am not resident in France. I have to write your comprehension of Covid 19 general and your understanding of the science is close to zero.

Scott777

Scott, like EVERY other person returning to Britain from a foreign country I had to take a Covid test on my return, (The cost of the test is daylight robbery, no wonder Randox can afford to pay Owen Paterson MP over £4000  month for "consultancy.")

I asked 2 questions.  You answered only 1.  I don't know, maybe you are hiding something.  How many were tested in your commune?  As for your test, it doesn't tell me if you were positive when you were in your commune.  I'm not far from 50.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 04, 2021, 10:52:56 AM
How many people were tested in your commune?  When were you tested?
Scott, like EVERY other person returning to Britain from a foreign country I had to take a Covid test on my return, (The cost of the test is daylight robbery, no wonder Randox can afford to pay Owen Paterson MP over £4000  month for "consultancy.")

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 08:54:38 AM
No cases in the commune. Leaving aside you usual snide remarks, I have just been emailed by the testing company that I am negative for Covid.

How many people were tested in your commune?  When were you tested?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 04, 2021, 08:50:48 AM
What, you mean no cases in the room you stayed in?  Are you sure.  Maybe you were asymptomatic.  🤣
No cases in the commune. Leaving aside you usual snide remarks, I have just been emailed by the testing company that I am negative for Covid.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 07:39:44 AM
Not where I went in Brittany, where  there have been no cases at all. (I suspect because the regulations have been and are being very strictly enforced and complied with.)

What, you mean no cases in the room you stayed in?  Are you sure.  Maybe you were asymptomatic.  🤣

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 12:43:25 AM
You're only healthy until an unknown and underlying issue shows it's self, and guess what? That's just what this virus looks for, and by then it's too late to have the vaccine and you're brown bread.
I personally don't want to take the risk that I have that undiagnosed issue.
So by that logic, no one should ever drive, because you may not know it, but you might have a condition that will suddenly present itself, and cause a pile up.

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on November 03, 2021, 10:17:36 PM
Having shares in stupidity and paranoia seems to work quite well with some people too, eh?

I don't think Patrick Vallance has any shares in stupidity or paranoia.  🤣  Just in GSK.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2021, 07:25:44 AM
pappy caught out telling porkies yet again.
Thomas I have been checking on a regular basis since the pandemic started on the cases where I go on holiday in Brittany. There have been none. A Breton friends daughter became very ill and ended up in intensive care it turned out NOT to be Covid, but some tropical disease she had caught whilst working for an charity in Africa.

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 04, 2021, 12:03:45 AM
There are plenty of cases of Covid in Brittany .

Not where I went in Brittany, where  there have been no cases at all. (I suspect because the regulations have been and are being very strictly enforced and complied with.)