Yesterday UK had highest number of new covid cases of any country.

Started by HDQQ, October 04, 2021, 08:16:20 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 05, 2021, 05:01:08 PM
I assume you're just going to ignore the evidence from Brittany Ferries website then Pappy?
This is the same information that's been there long before you went on holiday.
Nick the problems I had were zero to do with Brittany ferries but with the UK government. Which out of the blue sent an email to my PC (which I don't take with me on holiday,) on the 27th of  October so I did not read the email until the 1st of November after I had returned.
My wife picked up the same email on her Kindle which is not capable of carrying out the complex functions requested in the email.
The government wanted a passenger locator forum filled out online so the we could get back into the UK.
That caused my wife and I and it transpired many others difficulties complying.
Luckily a Breton friend was able to help us as we had all the required information required in paper format including the two Randox reference numbers asked for.
Otherwise we would never have been able to fill out the forms online. (The government website kept going offline which made the process even more difficult.)

When the completed locator forms were printed out they were 4 pages of A4 each. (That made the booking in process at the Roscoff Ferry terminal simple and quick. (But many other passengers had problems, because they has no knowledge of the online form filling.)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 04, 2021, 07:33:53 PM
So nearly 50% of Cornwall's cases (407/100000) are for the Lizard (195.5/100000)
Understanding data is obviously not a strong point of yours.

Thomas

Quote from: Ratcliff on November 04, 2021, 12:03:45 AM
There are plenty of cases of Covid in Brittany .

Its no just little britain either ratcliff , the situation is getting that bad macron is to address the french nation on tuesday.

Macron to address the nation on Tuesday as Covid-19 cases surge

French President Emmanuel Macron will speak to the nation on Tuesday about the resurgence of COVID-19 infections as well as his economic reform programme, the government said on Friday.

Advertising
Infection rates have accelerated strongly in the past month, with the number of new COVID-19 cases rising by double-digit percentages from last week for several days in a row.
"The epidemic is picking up speed again in Europe, Europe has again become the epicentre of the epidemic," government spokesman Gabriel Attal told reporters.
The seven-day average of daily new infections now stands at more than 6,200, up from less than 4,200 in early October.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20211105-macron-to-address-the-nation-on-tuesday-as-covid-19-cases-surge?ref=tw_i

Nick

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 06:30:59 PM
Looks like it's only you then.

I assume you're just going to ignore the evidence from Brittany Ferries website then Pappy?
This is the same information that's been there long before you went on holiday. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 07:44:32 AM
Thomas I have been checking on a regular basis since the pandemic started on the cases where I go on holiday in Brittany. There have been none. A Breton friends daughter became very ill and ended up in intensive care it turned out NOT to be Covid, but some tropical disease she had caught whilst working for an charity in Africa.
Pappy i dont want to hear any of your lame excuses , you have been caught out once too often on this forum posting absolute whoppers.

Cannae keep up with you jackanory stories.

You lurch from one extreme to the next on a daily basis.

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 03:46:52 PM
Those are NOT the latest statistics for the Lizard, 19 cases and 195.5/100000

Local summary for TR12 6JW | Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (data.gov.uk)

So nearly 50% of Cornwall's cases (407/100000) are for the Lizard (195.5/100000)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 04:38:01 PM
You do need the reference number for the covid tests for the form I am NOT going to carry on trying to debate with you I have been through it.
Frankly I prefer to let you suffer the consequences of being a smart arse.

Looks like it's only you then. 

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 04:10:02 PM
The commune in Brittany has no cases of Covid, which given the rigid enforcement of the regulations is no surprise.
I really could not care less what you think given your and Thomas's past and current ill informed comments on the forum neither of you is worth bothering with.
All I would like are for you to back up your claims and explain them.  What's the point of saying stuff, and then ignoring any conversation about it?  So, as you say, you think there are no Covid cases in this commune in Britanny BECAUSE of rigid regulations.  But your flaw is that there may also be no cases, if no one was tested.  So, how many were tested?  If you don't know, just admit it.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 04:31:24 PM

That is not true, you don't need any locator form to leave the U.K,
You do need the reference number for the covid tests for the form I am NOT going to carry on trying to debate with you I have been through it.
Frankly I prefer to let you suffer the consequences of being a smart arse.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 03:17:10 PM
It has now, it had not before I went on holiday. (I informed you of that.)
The change was announced far too late for me to do anything about it. I needed the reference numbers for the tests for the passenger locator forms or you can't get out or back into the country.
I don't want any of your usual ill informed waffle I have just been through the process.
I had a more than enough of an (expleted deleted,) nightmare as it is, as did numerous passengers before they could board the ferry at Roscoff to come back to Plymouth.

That is not true, you don't need any locator form to leave the U.K, that's why it's call a Passenger Locator form, so they can locate you once you arrive back in the U.K. And you could have ordered your LFT from France 48 hours before you returned, they issue the code to you immediately on payment. 

What you probably mean is you're too tight to pay roaming charges and therefore had no internet to do it, otherwise you have no excuse.

Show me the link on Brittany ferries that requires you to show a LTR purchase number? I already posted the link before you went stating you didn't need it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on November 04, 2021, 03:57:21 PM
So you won't be answering any questions about your claims?  But instead, make accusations about my knowledge of science, which has nothing to do with you and the commune you claimed had no cases of Covid.  You are truly a waste of time.  Thomas was right, you are telling pokies, but I prefer the word b*llsh*tter.
The commune in Brittany has no cases of Covid, which given the rigid enforcement of the regulations is no surprise.
I really could not care less what you think given your and Thomas's past and current ill informed comments on the forum neither of you is worth bothering with.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on November 04, 2021, 02:40:07 PM
That's a ridiculous argument and you know it.
Since when does driving exacerbate an underlying respiratory condition in the same way Covid does for example?

Your own argument is ridiculous.  What has exacerbation got to do with anything?  You said you don't want to take a risk of getting Covid, because you might have a condition that you don't know about.  So you might be driving, have a heart attack, because of an undiagnosed heart condition.  So hadn't you better not drive, just in case you crash, in the same way you should get the jab, just in case you have an undiagnosed condition?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on November 04, 2021, 02:00:42 PM
I don't live in a commune as I am not resident in France. I have to write your comprehension of Covid 19 general and your understanding of the science is close to zero.
So you won't be answering any questions about your claims?  But instead, make accusations about my knowledge of science, which has nothing to do with you and the commune you claimed had no cases of Covid.  You are truly a waste of time.  Thomas was right, you are telling porkies, but I prefer the word b*llsh*tter.