Main Menu

Moped marauders

Started by cromwell, October 05, 2021, 05:42:31 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

And the officer in the OP has been found not guilty,quite right imo.
https://apple.news/AO7y_z-D0T3eoKTeBuE0UVg
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 05, 2021, 06:00:58 PM
The thieving baseball wielding thug . . .

You'd only get one shot with the baseball, once you've thrown it that's it. A baseball bat would be better because you can keep swinging it.  Dancing Dancing
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2021, 06:36:52 PM
Quite.
And, JoG's reply taken into consideration, any person can use as much force as is necessary to defend himself or another from violence. If the threat is very severe, killing the attacker is justified.
The Police won't tell you this, as they expect us to be happily trampled on until they arrive 30 minutes after we call them, but I have rehearsed this in my mind several times in case I am faced with an intruder to my house.

To be honest, it's not a thinking matter. If they choose not to come quietly .... That's it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 05:42:31 PMHowever if in the process of commiting a violent crime and you are hurt..... tough titty IMO.
Quite.
And, JoG's reply taken into consideration, any person can use as much force as is necessary to defend himself or another from violence. If the threat is very severe, killing the attacker is justified.
The Police won't tell you this, as they expect us to be happily trampled on until they arrive 30 minutes after we call them, but I have rehearsed this in my mind several times in case I am faced with an intruder to my house.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 05:56:20 PM
Ah well John being a hand wringing liberal (allegedly) not really George Floyd is it?
Once you are in custody in cuffs or whatever you are entitled to be treated correctly.
I think, reading the accouints of not just the daily heil but others, was that he violently fought to resist arrest and persisted in that action
He put down, and then stamped on the head of, a civilian who atttempted to detain him, and continued to resist once restrained.
Had he ceased violent resistance i might see things your way.

He did not.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 05:56:20 PM
Ah well John being a hand wringing liberal (allegedly) not really George Floyd is it?
Once you are in custody in cuffs or whatever you are entitled to be treated correctly.

Another similar argument I had with Olde Europe back in the days of ppf and Somali pirates,I said in the process of piracy shoot the buggers but once captured entitled to humane treatment was apparently the mind of a fascist.
The thieving baseball wielding thug was given a fine tribute at his inquest by his brother who said 'This may have just been another black man dying in controversial circumstances but to us he was just another son, brother, father and uncle'

No, he was a musclebound thug who went to violently rob a shop, and stamped on the head of a passer by who went to the aid of the girl he terrorised with a baseball bat into opening the till. The instant he reacted with violence to those seeking to apprehend him for his criminal behaviour, he becaue fairgame for a take down. I applaud those who did, andi shall drink their health at the pub tomorrow
Sorry, but the problem here was the police intervened too early,they should have left it to amatreurs like me.

T00ts

We can't have it both ways. We can't complain that the streets are no longer safe and moan when the police treat thugs like for like. Crims and thugs are too sure that they won't get caught.

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 05:56:20 PMOnce you are in custody in cuffs or whatever you are entitled to be treated correctly.

Agreed - once caught then police have to be completely scrupulous in their treatment of the offender or they fail us and our policing by consent.

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 05, 2021, 05:49:49 PM
One that never made it to trial ... It seems we have our own George Floyd.
I will delberately pick the Daily Heil's accoint to piss the left wingers off. But the account is pretty much the same in others.
In brief then, muscle bound nutter wielding basebal bat tries to hold up a store and members of the public and an off duty / retired / ex / whatever copper pile in, and in the ensuing melee bat wielding nutter gets a free ride to hell in a handcart, and the world is saved the bother of a trial. In short, if you donlt want to end up six feet under, don't go round holding up stores with baseball bats.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10059441/Baseball-bat-wielding-armed-robber-died-restrained-members-public.html

Another similar argument I had with Olde Europe back in the days of ppf and Somali pirates,I said in the process of piracy shoot the buggers but once captured entitled to humane treatment was apparently the mind of a fascist.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 05, 2021, 05:42:31 PM
There is a trial at the moment so can't comment on that particular case.

However if in the process of commiting a violent crime and you are hurt..... tough titty IMO.
One that never made it to trial ... It seems we have our own George Floyd.
I will delberately pick the Daily Heil's accoint to piss the left wingers off. But the account is pretty much the same in others.
In brief then, muscle bound nutter wielding basebal bat tries to hold up a store and members of the public and an off duty / retired / ex / whatever copper pile in, and in the ensuing melee bat wielding nutter gets a free ride to hell in a handcart, and the world is saved the bother of a trial. In short, if you donlt want to end up six feet under, don't go round holding up stores with baseball bats.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10059441/Baseball-bat-wielding-armed-robber-died-restrained-members-public.html

cromwell

There is a trial at the moment so can't comment on that particular case.

However if in the process of commiting a violent crime and you are hurt..... tough titty IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807PIVPxpY8