SKY NewsCarrie Johnson reveals she was 'moved to tears' by hate crime victim as she speaks at Tory conference

Started by GBNews, October 07, 2021, 01:00:11 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on October 07, 2021, 05:03:22 PM
I tend to agree with you on this point. But could what you refer to as indoctrination be a reaction to the criminal prosecution, discrimination, insults and ostracism individuals were subject to over very many years in this country — and, apart from overt prosecution, are still not uncommon around the UK?   

Now typical members of the Pride Community should no longer suffer from discrimination in GB, perhaps they're just pushing against the barriers they see are still there. Once everyone's personal and legal lifestyle is accepted, maybe some won't be affronted and the rest of us will, as you say, live and let live...
True live and let live is a long way off. There are still those with malice towards gays and lesbians, or those of different colours or ethnicities, or those of different religions or none. And derogatory name calling extends well beyond these. How many times do we hear people labelling others as chavs or toffs, and suchlike? Live and let live is an expressed ideal of many but not all always live up to it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 07, 2021, 10:04:41 AM
Well we are of course. We are supposed to love all even if we don't understand them.  [HIGHLIGHT]To our credit we have a live and let live policy here, more or less, I just wish they could do that without the indoctrination that they seem so keen on.[/HIGHLIGHT]
I tend to agree with you on this point. But could what you refer to as indoctrination be a reaction to the criminal prosecution, discrimination, insults and ostracism individuals were subject to over very many years in this country — and, apart from overt prosecution, are still not uncommon around the UK?   

Now typical members of the Pride Community should no longer suffer from discrimination in GB, perhaps they're just pushing against the barriers they see are still there. Once everyone's personal and legal lifestyle is accepted, maybe some won't be affronted and the rest of us will, as you say, live and let live...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 07, 2021, 09:54:09 AM
And the damp tart says:Which, of course, makes us a much better and more civilised country in her eyes.

Well we are of course. We are supposed to love all even if we don't understand them.  To our credit we have a live and let live policy here, more or less, I just wish they could do that without the indoctrination that they seem so keen on.

Barry

And the damp tart says:
Quote"And I have to say I was moved to tears. Around the world, being LGBT+ is still a crime in 71 countries. In 11 countries, it is punishable by death; just because of who you love."
Which, of course, makes us a much better and more civilised country in her eyes.
† The end is nigh †

GBNews

Carrie Johnson reveals she was 'moved to tears' by hate crime victim as she speaks at Tory conference

Carrie Johnson has revealed she was "moved to tears" when hearing from the victim of a hate crime at a Pride reception in Downing Street earlier this year.

Source: Carrie Johnson reveals she was 'moved to tears' by hate crime victim as she speaks at Tory conference