St Michael's Church become St Mike's

Started by T00ts, October 08, 2021, 02:51:29 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Across the entire university of Wales' sites at Cardiff, Swansea, Lampeter, Aberystwyth and Bangor ...

The Medics Dentists and Life Scientists of University College Cardiff routinely confounded the police Christmas "don't get too pissed we can tell" appeals by rocking up at their on street shows jumping into the thick of their tests and winning hands down against  all comers whilst smashed off our faces....

Maybe this is why so many of that profession end upmas high functioning alcoholics

The Arts faculty of Cardiff and Swansea held the record for the most beer chugged before vomiting, this category of our drinking Olympics had no concern as to how functional you were, merely how much you could chug. But then again Arts students never had to function .....

But the people all stood in awe of and terror of really were Cardiff's St Michaels College of Theology.

They were absolute animals.

We assumed it was because they did not get out very often.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2021, 03:25:28 PM
No mention of the Lord Jesus Christ. For the love of Mike!

They need to get back to preaching the Word of God otherwise they betray their prime purpose.
It's just a social club now.
I would have thought that the Church being at the heart of (and involved in) local society in jollity, as well as sad times, even organising a few happy events, is a plus point. Surely, true Christianity to be accepted as rational it needs to offer more than what the Plymouth Bretheren and Wee Frees  offer...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 08, 2021, 04:57:52 PM
Problem is Barry there's nobody there to preach to, the days of the Samurai are over I'm afraid.

I think you would be quite surprised at how many people are actually looking for more meaning and truth about the Gospel and faith.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2021, 03:25:28 PMThey need to get back to preaching the Word of God otherwise they betray their prime purpose.

Problem is Barry there's nobody there to preach to, the days of the Samurai are over I'm afraid.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2021, 03:25:28 PM

They need to get back to preaching the Word of God otherwise they betray their prime purpose.

Perhaps they should follow Jesus' example and go out and meet people rather than expect people to come to the Church.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 08, 2021, 02:51:29 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10071069/Victorian-church-changes-St-Michaels-St-Mikes-attract-younger-people.html

I am always impressed by the efforts to encourage people into church but would this really make a difference?

† The end is nigh †

T00ts