MP James Brokenshire

Started by Barry, October 08, 2021, 03:08:31 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2021, 06:42:06 PM
Poor bugger. All sympathy to his family.

Oh I think the Westminster village will ensure his family do far, far better than any of the Christ knows how many whose cancer went terminal while they were denied a first appointment thanks to the Chinese Pox and government mismanagement of cancer care

But his voting record https://members.parliament.uk/member/1530/career shows he enjoyed giving starmer a kicking, and was all in favour of throwing Clegg's zombification of parliament bill back in the fucking sea where it belongs, so I'll thank him for that anyway.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on October 08, 2021, 10:20:36 PM
Certainly under Sir Wet Lettuce there is no chance of any red flags flying anwhere. I would bet a month's wages on Lasbour failing to win in the coming byelection. I think it more likely to go backwards. If there is an upset it is more likely to result from the Lib Dems. But I doubt it.

On the issue of the death of this MP I cannot pretend to know much about him, beyond the fact that he was a Tory. But 53 is too young to die, especially of lung cancer  by someone who never smoked. He will have left mourning loved ones and it is truly sad for them. Political differences lack any significance in situations like this. There is just compassion for the loss of someone taken too soon, and for his loved ones.
Apparently, the twitter verse was silenced again maybe in his honour and there was silence all over the net, with lots of people running around like headless chickens with nobody to gossip with. Oh dear how sad.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on October 08, 2021, 06:42:06 PM

He polled 64% of the vote at the last election. I can't see the red flag flying over the Town Hall any time soon
Certainly under Sir Wet Lettuce there is no chance of any red flags flying anwhere. I would bet a month's wages on Lasbour failing to win in the coming byelection. I think it more likely to go backwards. If there is an upset it is more likely to result from the Lib Dems. But I doubt it.

On the issue of the death of this MP I cannot pretend to know much about him, beyond the fact that he was a Tory. But 53 is too young to die, especially of lung cancer  by someone who never smoked. He will have left mourning loved ones and it is truly sad for them. Political differences lack any significance in situations like this. There is just compassion for the loss of someone taken too soon, and for his loved ones.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 08, 2021, 03:08:31 PM
.. has sadly died of lung cancer at 53. RIP

Obviously requiring a by-election.

He polled 64% of the vote at the last election. I can't see the red flag flying over the Town Hall any time soon
Algerie Francais !

Barry

.. has sadly died of lung cancer at 53. RIP

Obviously requiring a by-election.
† The end is nigh †