Main Menu

End of Monarchy?

Started by T00ts, October 10, 2021, 12:19:22 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 10, 2021, 01:22:01 PMWe could probably do with a written constitution, too.

Why? Our unwritten constitution has served us since forever.

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2021, 12:57:28 PM
The monarchy will continue just as its meant to with the line of succession a key part of that . Its the glue that holds the people of the UK together and without them we would quickly turn into France
I'm not so sure.
The trick is not to make a president all powerful, but a spokesperson for the country.
Israel have that, and, as far as I know, it works.
They could still nominally sign off all the legislation.
We could probably do with a written constitution, too.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

The monarchy will continue just as its meant to with the line of succession a key part of that . Its the glue that holds the people of the UK together and without them we would quickly turn into France   

cromwell

I am by belief a republican but the thought of a president Bliar type makes me sick.

Old Liz has done a good job,no time for big ears,randy Andy has been an arrogant fool innocent or guilty he's done irreparable damage but he isn't a paedophile as some would like to say.

If it is to survive they need to leave out big ears and the ugly sister wife and go straight to wills IMO.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I am a Monarchist but much as I hate the notion of an elected President especially since this country seems bereft of great public figures. Those honoured in history tend to end up defaced, hidden away or in the river but the situation in the current Royal Family is pretty dire.

The Queen has given so many years of good service but her children? Anne perhaps should have been born first, she would tell a Blair clone to 'naff off', Charles seems intent on upsetting so many in the past and now has determined to build something like 3000 homes on Grade 1 prime green farming land. At a time when perhaps we should be looking to increase our self reliance on food production and maintaining our green spaces as it is reported that by our current activities we have a massive loss of biodiversity, shouldn't he have a rethink? Andrew although innocent til proved still doesn't look too savoury and Harry well enough said already.

I would think that William is looking at his future with a little trepidation but an elected President instead? Perhaps William could stand for election.