Met "rotten from top to bottom"

Started by patman post, October 10, 2021, 02:52:05 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Current main news comment is the MP's report on the govt's handling of Covid in which it says the delay in introducing the first lockdown, cost thousands of lives. But comment on Police misdemeanours and women's safety are still prominent..
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 11, 2021, 01:42:12 PM
If it wasn't said there's a whole raft of broadcast news media in trouble.   

If the source "misspoke" or was "misquoted" or "leaked" without being instructed to, then they'll be the ones in trouble.   

The follow-up coverage and extension to the story makes it clear something is happening. I hope it's something fundamental. But I'm not convinced as neither investigation has the power of a judicial inquiry and apparently is not able to order witnesses to appear...

And the courts wont instruct the media to reveal the source . Patel has left her supposed comment on the table , neither confirming nor denying which for me says she didn't say it but maybe wished she had .

Nothing to see here Posty , two days after the supposed comment and not a lot of comment on it . Boris probably told her to behave herself while he is away .

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2021, 04:47:00 PM
But she hasn't actually said anything has she . A source said this and a source said that makes a good story I suppose but falls way short of the headline that the Home sec say the met is rotten from top to bottom .

Dick has been promoted way beyond her abilities and no doubt will be replaced at some point  . The same could be said for Patel , all mouth and no trousers the pair of them .
If it wasn't said there's a whole raft of broadcast news media in trouble.   

If the source "misspoke" or was "misquoted" or "leaked" without being instructed to, then they'll be the ones in trouble.   

The follow-up coverage and extension to the story makes it clear something is happening. I hope it's something fundamental. But I'm not convinced as neither investigation has the power of a judicial inquiry and apparently is not able to order witnesses to appear...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on October 10, 2021, 05:31:20 PM
Skirts surely  ;)

lol ,well one of them wears the trousers so I was being gender neutral    :D

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 10, 2021, 04:47:00 PM
But she hasn't actually said anything has she . A source said this and a source said that makes a good story I suppose but falls way short of the headline that the Home sec say the met is rotten from top to bottom .

Dick has been promoted way beyond her abilities and no doubt will be replaced at some point  . The same could be said for Patel , all mouth and no trousers the pair of them .
Skirts surely  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 10, 2021, 02:52:05 PM
Having been ridiculed for several years in various forums over my criticisms of the Metropolitan Police, I am surprised to find a senior Tory — the Home Secretary, no less — saying she believes the Met is rotten from top to bottom.   

Whether she's wise to go so vehemently public if she wants reform is an other question.

But it does, perhaps, explain why Cressida Dick was initially appointed Met chief. It also could be why she was recently reappointed — Patel thinks there is no one readily identifiable who'd be an improvement... 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clash-with-met-chief-cressida-dick-over-sarah-everard-made-priti-patels-patience-snap-8xlk0j0l7

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10077373/Priti-Patel-believes-Met-rotten-bottom-clashing-Cressida-Dick.html

patman post

The problem with government prompted reforms is they can end up by replacing the original problems with others and end up being half done — Blair's 1999 reform of the House of Lords is a glaring example...

Barry

There certainly does seem to be a case for "Operation Countryman" Mk2 to find and eject the poison in the London Police.
The officers on the original "Countryman" were subjected to assaults, threats, and life was really unpleasant for them. It takes a brave soul to work against the flow of the system.

The Masons and the Catholic guild would be a good starting point, perhaps.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Having been ridiculed for several years in various forums over my criticisms of the Metropolitan Police, I am surprised to find a senior Tory — the Home Secretary, no less — saying she believes the Met is rotten from top to bottom.   

Whether she's wise to go so vehemently public if she wants reform is an other question.

But it does, perhaps, explain why Cressida Dick was initially appointed Met chief. It also could be why she was recently reappointed — Patel thinks there is no one readily identifiable who'd be an improvement... 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clash-with-met-chief-cressida-dick-over-sarah-everard-made-priti-patels-patience-snap-8xlk0j0l7

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10077373/Priti-Patel-believes-Met-rotten-bottom-clashing-Cressida-Dick.html