Main Menu

BJ in Marbella

Started by T00ts, October 10, 2021, 09:09:06 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2021, 12:52:57 PM
Sorry but BOJO has proven totally useless at the job and worse, the cabinet could not run a party in a brewery and are fighting amongst themselves like cats in a sack.

That wasn't the question. I think we all know what you think of the current Government and my question was whether we should pay the PM whatever the colour of their stripe more because of the importance of the job?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2021, 12:20:22 PM
That's you opinion fair enough but as a comment on the pay for any PM of any stripe, is it a fair remuneration for a job that has more responsibility than any other job in the country?

Sorry but BOJO has proven totally useless at the job and worse, the cabinet could not run a party in a brewery and are fighting amongst themselves like cats in a sack.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2021, 12:16:36 PM
Given the disaster he has proven to be at the job he is being paid far too much.

That's you opinion fair enough but as a comment on the pay for any PM of any stripe, is it a fair remuneration for a job that has more responsibility than any other job in the country?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2021, 11:37:22 AM

Is that enough? I don't think so.

Given the disaster he has proven to be at the job he is being paid far too much.

T00ts

Someone suggested that there are jobs that demand that family life/time off come secondary and that politics is one of those and the PM job in particular. So I just looked up his salary. If his job is 24/7 x  52 weeks of the year, because it is essential that he is constantly in touch then his pay per hour is just short of £19 I believe.

Is that enough? I don't think so.

papasmurf

The rat has left the sinking ship.

T00ts

I don't think his salary is enough to pay him 24/7 x 52 weeks. Besides it's an  unreasonable expectation. Even Dom Raab was allowed his holiday although the admin of the foreign office let too many senior positions on leave at the same time. Popular opinion pushed him out.

patman post

Maybe. But there are jobs where personal time comes second. Whether or not Boris is in constant contact with the office, public perception is that he's on holiday. He'll probably ride it out because he's Boris, but other's weren't so lucky...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

So what. He lost his mother unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago. He isn't out of contact, yet the press want us all to jump on the guy because he can get away while parliament is in recess. Give the bloke a break I say and put the green eyed monster of jealousy back in the box. I wouldn't have his job for anything. It has been a nightmare ever since he became the Leader. It makes no difference - he is a human being and allowed a bit of compassion and a chance to recharge the batteries.