Main Menu

BJ in Marbella

Started by T00ts, October 10, 2021, 09:09:06 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 11, 2021, 06:44:07 PM
I would imagine there are a lot of BJ's in Marbella,usually after closing time and when far too much has been drunk. :o

You know, there's images I can really, really do without.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2021, 02:35:58 PM
Central to Pappy's social and economic thinking is the fear that somewhere a Tory, or tourist or immigrant or anyone else, is having a good time.

:D ;D ;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Dont see the problem myself with politicians taking a break to recharge the batteries . Surely we would all prefer a fresh and rejuvenated PM than a burnt out one .
Where he has gone is irrelevant though as a frequent visitor to the Marbella area he would be better taking the sort drive to Puerto Banus , more upmarket and not  filled the riff raff  and chancers found in Marbella

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2021, 03:32:51 PM
As long as they  are not wrecking my life what consenting adults do is not my problem.
I would imagine there are a lot of BJ's in Marbella,usually after closing time and when far too much has been drunk. :o
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2021, 03:05:49 PM
In short, as long as they are not Tories or tourists or immigrants or most anyone else.

As long as they  are not wrecking my life what consenting adults do is not my problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2021, 02:55:38 PM
I love people to have a good time as long as they don't wreck others lives in the process.

In short, as long as they are not Tories or tourists or immigrants or most anyone else.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 11, 2021, 02:35:58 PM
Central to Pappy's social and economic thinking is the fear that somewhere a Tory, or tourist or immigrant or anyone else, is having a good time.

I love people to have a good time as long as they don't wreck others lives in the process.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2021, 01:34:27 PM
I'm not sure a better time is going to exist. What if without a break of some kind this chap's mental health was jeopardised? This is the first parent he has lost it is surprising the impact of that on most people. He hasn't had any time off to adjust to that. Will the electorate not be satisfied until they have drawn blood?

That's not getting away.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2021, 01:34:27 PM

That's not getting away.

Actually it is, set in 1000 acres, a decent pub within walking distance, and nestled in the Chiltern Hills, it would make a fortune as a hotel.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on October 11, 2021, 01:28:54 PM
I don't think the PM (or MPs) are paid enough, which is why so few of the best and brightest administrators and managers are attracted into the job.   

But pay isn't the issue in this instance. The country continues to be under pressure on so many fronts that the perception of the PM going off on holiday does not give the image of someone in control.   

Are the PM and advisers so insensitive as not to have considered this? Or are they so blasé as to believe it doesn't matter?   

If the PM needs time for himself and his family it could have been arranged in a way or at a time less likely to cause comment...

I'm not sure a better time is going to exist. What if without a break of some kind this chap's mental health was jeopardised? This is the first parent he has lost it is surprising the impact of that on most people. He hasn't had any time off to adjust to that. Will the electorate not be satisfied until they have drawn blood?

Quote from: papasmurf on October 11, 2021, 01:30:39 PM
He could just have gone to Chequers.

That's not getting away.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 11, 2021, 01:28:54 PM

If the PM needs time for himself and his family it could have been arranged in a way or at a time less likely to cause comment...

He could just have gone to Chequers.

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2021, 11:37:22 AM
Someone suggested that there are jobs that demand that family life/time off come secondary and that politics is one of those and the PM job in particular. So I just looked up his salary. If his job is 24/7 x  52 weeks of the year, because it is essential that he is constantly in touch then his pay per hour is just short of £19 I believe.

Is that enough? I don't think so.
I don't think the PM (or MPs) are paid enough, which is why so few of the best and brightest administrators and managers are attracted into the job.   

But pay isn't the issue in this instance. The country continues to be under pressure on so many fronts that the perception of the PM going off on holiday does not give the image of someone in control.   

Are the PM and advisers so insensitive as not to have considered this? Or are they so blasé as to believe it doesn't matter?   

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 11, 2021, 01:15:50 PM
The salary is probably about right. After all, they're very much volunteers and it is the power and glory they want isn't it?

Volunteers? Surely that cannot be expected? If that is the expectation then surely in this day and age that is the reason for the lack of statesmen.

Barry

The salary is probably about right. After all, they're very much volunteers and it is the power and glory they want isn't it?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 11, 2021, 01:04:34 PM
That wasn't the question. I think we all know what you think of the current Government and my question was whether we should pay the PM whatever the colour of their stripe more because of the importance of the job?

Bojo is so incompetent he should pay his wages back.