Tory Scum!

Started by Borchester, October 11, 2021, 04:14:00 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 05:27:43 PM
The MP before the current one stands the best chance of getting back his number of votes kept up and the only reason the current useless one got in was because of defectors from the Labour vote.
So many local people have been very badly effect by Brexit and austerity far more than the current MPs majority I really cannot see him getting elected at the next general election.

The whole of Cornwall voted leave except Truro, it averaged 57% leave across the region. What you want and what actually happens are not necessarily the same.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on October 17, 2021, 05:38:43 PM
Taking the thread title to be a guide its posts I think we should be pleased Labour is nowhere near power if the party's deputy leader Angela Rayner, comes out with statements like: "We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile ... banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian ... piece of scum". 

Despite Rayner defending her her comments as being made in the "street language" of her northern working-class roots, my view is that how ever strong a person's opinions are, if they are an MP and hold a responsible role and voice them in public, they should choose their words more carefully. 

We've seen this week how easily some people can become inflamed into violence. So I think it's unwise for a political figure to add to the current level of abuse and violent threats aimed at other public figures...

i fully agree.

Rayner cant hide behind street comments , when lucy powell , also a north english woman , said that she as a labour mp would never have used such language regarding the conservatives.

Wee see regularly the language in scotland coming from both labour and tory regarding the snp and alba , the greens  , so its a bit rich the likes of lisa nandy bleating about the treatment of diane abbott online when labour , from their deputy leader downwards , are quite happy to dish out such language that they bleat about online when it suits.

They are supposed to be setting examples , not trying to take the moral high ground after opening their gob and calling political opponents scum or worse.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 17, 2021, 05:38:43 PM
Angela Rayner, comes out with statements like: "We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile ... banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian ... piece of scum". 

I seem to be an accurate analysis to me with a few important categories missed out.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Taking the thread title to be a guide its posts I think we should be pleased Labour is nowhere near power if the party's deputy leader Angela Rayner, comes out with statements like: "We cannot get any worse than a bunch of scum, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, absolute vile ... banana republic, vile, nasty, Etonian ... piece of scum". 

Despite Rayner defending her her comments as being made in the "street language" of her northern working-class roots, my view is that how ever strong a person's opinions are, if they are an MP and hold a responsible role and voice them in public, they should choose their words more carefully. 

We've seen this week how easily some people can become inflamed into violence. So I think it's unwise for a political figure to add to the current level of abuse and violent threats aimed at other public figures...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 17, 2021, 04:10:03 PM
So find someone age 30 odd not yet as cynical as you and suggest this to them and vote for them.

The MP before the current one stands the best chance of getting back his number of votes kept up and the only reason the current useless one got in was because of defectors from the Labour vote.
So many local people have been very badly effect by Brexit and austerity far more than the current MPs majority I really cannot see him getting elected at the next general election.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 04:21:30 PM
Because activities like that reflect badly on all motorcyclists,
Not round here, strangely perhaps. Most observers on our stop anti social behaviour arsebook group seem keenly aware of the difference between those of us actually in posession of the paperwork to ride those things properly, and these arse holes.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 17, 2021, 04:10:03 PM

Three years ago the roads here were awash with county lines off road "Enduro" bikers and moped riders making life hell.

Because activities like that reflect badly on all motorcyclists, (I blame the media/press for that due to very poor reported,) in recent times it tends to get sorted by motorcyclists who do not like being tarred with the same brush.
(No violence involved before anyone asks.)

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on October 12, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
With my age and infirmity that is a non starter in any case it is a Tory marginal and the only reason it went Tory is the few Labour voters in the constituency voted Tory, the Lib/Dem vote held solid.
Brexit and Tory austerity has effected so many people and the numbers being referred to food banks climbs every higher and the housing situation for local people is in crisis.

Ok

So find someone age 30 odd not yet as cynical as you and suggest this to them and vote for them.

Look, either you get out there and do something, or nothing gets done

Three years ago the roads here were awash with county lines off road "Enduro" bikers and moped riders making life hell.

Then I went to a public meeting told the tame plod to his face their failure to act against these scum was endangering the primary school kids, that one of the thugs doing this was only alive because I had reacted fast enough to brake when he tried to commit suicide by ramming my car head on and that as he nearly killed a couple of primary school kids on the pavement walking home from school the next day, if he pulled that same stupid stunt again I'd manage to fail to brake as a service to the community.

The audience went wild, the lefty shits who organised it went pale, the press broke their pencils and the plod guy looked aghast as he realised from my face I meant every word ....

And three days later the Gwent plod rounded up the off-road bike arseholes and a month later the incidents stopped altogether.

Are these events truly unconnected

I think not.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 08:51:40 AM
Nick every time you post you prove how far out of touch you are, as are Tories in general, Tory MPs and the Tory government.

I think its you that is completely out of touch.

A man who by his own admission has hid under his bed for the last two years in terror of covid , who hates human contact with people in general , lecturing others on being completly out of touch is laughable.

You have hardly got your finger on the pulse of local or national feeling have you?

You get all your disinformation out of the same media you say you despise , but let anyone post a link to something you dont like and you start shooting the messenger in desperation.

If i had a quid for everytime you and quackers have been wrong on this forum and the previous one , i would be a feckin millionaire.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 17, 2021, 08:51:40 AM
Nick every time you post you prove how far out of touch you are, as are Tories in general, Tory MPs and the Tory government.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 16, 2021, 11:29:08 PM
I bet that came as a shock: people voting Tory enabled the Tories to win, what is this Wizardry?

As for austerity, it's called living within your means, something Labour can't do.

Nick

With my age and infirmity that is a non starter in any case it is a Tory marginal and the only reason it went Tory is the few Labour voters in the constituency voted Tory, the Lib/Dem vote held solid.
Brexit and Tory austerity has effected so many people and the numbers being referred to food banks climbs every higher and the housing situation for local people is in crisis.

I bet that came as a shock: people voting Tory enabled the Tories to win, what is this Wizardry?

As for austerity, it's called living within your means, something Labour can't do.

cromwell

might help if you knew the difference between affected and effected :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 12, 2021, 08:10:48 AMRees Moggs statements in the house of commons and elsewhere make him unfit for public office.

Are you going to give just one example of this? Or squirm around it as usual and give zero evidence? I'm guessing the latter.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 12, 2021, 03:34:15 PM

So find 500 people of the same mind willing to part with a quid, find ten of them willing to go public, and STAND as an alternative ...