Main Menu

Just in time

Started by cromwell, October 11, 2021, 06:55:48 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Luckily today when my wife did the last shopping before Christmas Lidl had Pomegranates in stock.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 22, 2021, 09:55:36 AM
So why are you blaming tv chefs?
Nigella Lawson used Pomegranate seeds in a recipe this week.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2021, 08:06:25 AM
Too close to Christmas to get delivered other than the  exorbitant cost an delivery charges.  I can also use several alternatives.
So why are you blaming tv chefs?
I thought you had a store of stuff,you haven't thought ahead.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 21, 2021, 11:27:24 PM
Try amazon
Too close to Christmas to get delivered other than the  exorbitant cost an delivery charges.  I can also use several alternatives.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2021, 04:14:48 PM
I blame TV chefs I can't find Pomegranate seeds anywhere locally currently.
Try amazon
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2021, 11:43:06 AM
Nick I have been trying to buy those products since Brexit and failed.  (In any case a normal courier can't deliver them, to a domestic property.)
I referenced the very long list of products that now  are difficult and very expensive to import.  My problem is tiny in relation to many businesses in Britain who have had to stop production of a wide range of products  because of it.
I really could not care less about your blinkered view, but Brexit is a disaster that can only get worse, and a lot worse from January 2022.
Once again when your papered into a corner you change the angle of your argument. Now it's the courier that can't carry it. 
Please provide a link to your very long list of unavailable products as I must have missed it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 21, 2021, 03:28:37 PM

"No sir, we're out of bread"
I blame TV chefs I can't find Pomegranate seeds anywhere locally currently.

Barry

Talking of supply issues reminds me of an old joke where a restaurant prided itself on being able to provide any meal requested, to order.

Some wag goes in and decides to try the system out:
"What can we get you, sir?"

"I would like elephant and tiger cubes on toast please"

After a while the waiter comes back and says, "I'm sorry sir you have beaten us"

"Ha! I knew you'd not get that, was it the elephant or tiger?"

"No sir, we're out of bread"
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2021, 01:12:36 PM
I am afraid Nick needs to take his political blinkers off.  It not only the lack of availability of a wide range of goods it is massive rise in cost for those that are available.
Well there you are Pappy. As always, you are right and everyone else is wrong. Still, no reason not to drive the matter home. Send an email to Nick with a list of your requirements and watch him come a cropper when he is unable to find a supplier. As a matter of fact, you might like to publish the aforementioned list on this board and watch the rest of us wiggle as we try to locate a source.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 21, 2021, 01:40:18 PM
Ah, yes, I start to see your problem.

A great number of things that you could just amble down to the shops and buy, like arsenic, strychnine, and a dozen to a hundred chemicals freely available 

That has been the case for 50 or 60 years. (I used to buy a wide range of chemicals from the  chemists in Princes Risborough that would now get me arrested for terrorism.) But that is not what is on the list I referenced which only came into force since Brexit.

johnofgwent

Nick I have been trying to buy those products since Brexit and failed.  (In any case a normal courier can't deliver them, to a domestic property.)
I referenced the very long list of products that now  are difficult and very expensive to import.  My problem is tiny in relation to many businesses in Britain who have had to stop production of a wide range of products  because of it.
I really could not care less about your blinkered view, but Brexit is a disaster that can only get worse, and a lot worse from January 2022.

Ah, yes, I start to see your problem.

A great number of things that you could just amble down to the shops and buy, like arsenic, strychnine, and a dozen to a hundred chemicals freely available to the households of Agatha Christie's novels are now sadly off the shopping list.

I somewhat stupidly gave my first ltdco a DTI category from the range suggested for IT work. My second was quite deliberately declared to be a far more general Research And Development Consultancy, and when the MD has an account in his own name with a leading chemical supply company, having all.manner if items sent to the registered office never seemed to be an issue ::)
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 21, 2021, 12:27:48 PM
If things will get worse from January 2022 I think the best idea will be for you to take Nick up on his kind offer to buy whatever you need. All that needs doing is to email him details of whatever you need together with your thanks.

Nice one Nick, you are a good lad:)
I am afraid Nick needs to take his political blinkers off.  It not only the lack of availability of a wide range of goods it is massive rise in cost for those that are available. 

Borchester

If things will get worse from January 2022 I think the best idea will be for you to take Nick up on his kind offer to buy whatever you need. All that needs doing is to email him details of whatever you need together with your thanks.

Nice one Nick, you are a good lad:)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 21, 2021, 09:42:13 AM
Well, you tell me the product and I'll buy it, show you a sales invoice, delivery note and a picture of the product. I'm willing to buy something I don't need to prove you are wrong, so if you don't now mention the product you're proving you are full of it.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 21, 2021, 09:13:29 AM
For the reason Nick is you would search all over the internet and come back with they are available all these websites, when if you do try and buy them them they are not available.  I have even contacted the CEO of the company involved. They can't make any of those particular products whilst some of the precursors in the mix are now classified as explosives due to Brexit and transport costs for them are prohibitively expensive.  Out of the large range of products the company makes the petrol and oil additives only make up a small amount of what they produce.
Well, you tell me the product and I'll buy it, show you a sales invoice, delivery note and a picture of the product. I'm willing to buy something I don't need to prove you are wrong, so if you don't now mention the product you're proving you are full of it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.