Main Menu

Just in time

Started by cromwell, October 11, 2021, 06:55:48 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Mod Notice
Papa Smurf do not repeat the falsehood that your posts have been edited otherwise you will be having a Christmas break.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2021, 09:14:16 AM
Imports and exports from and to the EU have been declining by about 30% since pre-2010, and the graph has continued on the same trajectory. Does it ever occur to you to actually do some simple research? If you did you would see it's actually fact pumped up with propaganda.
pappy and the bhoys are doing a grand job of winning hearts and minds to overturn brexit arent they?

Project fear didnt work in the run up to 2016 , so what do remainers (or recent converts like pappy ) do? Carry on punting project fear in 2021.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2021, 08:38:52 AM
Nick you keep you head where the Sun don't shine if you like Brexit is costing business a lot more now. To the point it is making exporting to the EU and importing from it just too costly to keep doing. I suspect the next batch of regulations coming in on January the 1st 2022 will be that last nail in the coffin for a significant number of small businesses.
Imports and exports from and to the EU have been declining by about 30% since pre-2010, and the graph has continued on the same trajectory. Does it ever occur to you to actually do some simple research? If you did you would see it's actually fact pumped up with propaganda. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2021, 08:38:52 AM
Nick you keep you head where the Sun don't shine if you like Brexit is costing business a lot more now. To the point it is making exporting to the EU and importing from it just too costly to keep doing. I suspect the next batch of regulations coming in on January the 1st 2022 will be that last nail in the coffin for a significant number of small businesses.
....and yet as i keep saying you were a big supporter of ending the eu freedom of movement , which you could only do by leaving the EU as it was one of the four freedoms that underpins the block.

Now it politically expedient for you to rubbish brexit , purely to attack the tories , you are bleating on like some warped remainer .

I tell you pappy , most of us cant keep up with your stories that change one day to the next and contradict what you have said 24 hours earlier.

To rub salt into the wound , you had the chance to vote labour in the 2019 general election to stop the "hated brexit" , and what did you do? You told me you voted lib dem , taking votes away from labour and remain , and then as we know famously said on here the other week you voted tory. ;D

You need to get your story straight pappy rather than copying and pasting project fear guff if you want forum members to take you seriously.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 24, 2021, 08:22:20 AM
No it didn't, it was a model that showed the loss. How can a model show anything accurately when we haven't had a Covid pandemic to model off.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 24, 2021, 08:10:33 AM
Baff you are in total ignorance of the situation:-

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-12-10/analysis-shows-brexit-caused-12-billion-of-lost-trade-in-october

Analysis shows Brexit caused £12 billion of lost trade in October

• Friday 10 December 2021, 11:07pm
No it didn't, it was a model that showed the loss. How can a model show anything accurately when we haven't had a Covid pandemic to model off.

The fact that it's a model shows it to be nonsense: we have pre-Brexit figures and post Brexit figures, why do we need to model it? 

Strange how the mainstream media is now your friend, you've denied tons of figures coming from them over the years. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 23, 2021, 09:56:08 PM
Don't be silly.
Baff you are in total ignorance of the situation:-

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-12-10/analysis-shows-brexit-caused-12-billion-of-lost-trade-in-october

Analysis shows Brexit caused £12 billion of lost trade in October

• Friday 10 December 2021, 11:07pm

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2021, 03:18:12 PM
My wife does not suffer fools gladly and anyone calling her a liar to her face especially after finding something out of stock in every local supermarket that lists it would get a violent response from her.

That is as may be Pappy, but it does not alter the fact that when your wife is insulted, you are expected to say damn you sir, you have insulted my lady Fair, and then give the bloke a good hiding, not tell Mrs P to get stuck in while you go back to cowering under the bed.
Algerie Francais !

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 09:04:25 AM
Nick the extra paperwork, the extra costs, and the delays all caused by Brexit and still being caused by Brexit has killed off just in time.

Don't be silly.

If it takes 5 days to deliver, you order 5 days ahead.
If what took 24 hours to deliver now takes 25, you order 25 hours ahead of your expected need, not 24.

Brexit notably didn't cause any significant supply issues here.
No Kent carpark for lorries.
No queues at the docks.
No empty supermarkets.

JIT is alive and well. As earlier pointed out it is a Japanese system.
You will find that JIT supply chains are far wider than just the EU.
EU and non EU supplies are used in most supply chains.
Being an EU member has no relation whatsoever on your ability to use JIT methods of stock control.

Thomas

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 23, 2021, 03:42:47 PM
She needs to watch the film Anger Management - although being married to you must be a terrific trial.
My wife has no trouble at all with anger management. If she did a lot of people would have died.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 23, 2021, 03:18:12 PM
My wife does not suffer fools gladly and anyone calling her a liar to her face especially after finding something out of stock in every local supermarket that lists it would get a violent response from her.
She needs to watch the film Anger Management - although being married to you must be a terrific trial.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2021, 12:19:52 AM
Are you sure that you have that right Pappy?

It has been some time since I had to fettle someone for insulting my wife, but as I recall I was the one expected to sort the lad out. I did not say right, you have hurt my feelings and then call on madam to give him a kicking.

To be honest Pappy, you seem to live in a very strange world.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2021, 07:13:36 AM
Nobody has called anyone a liar, it's a giant chip on your shoulder.
Theres nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade.

The truth is though , he is a liar. You , i , john of gwent and many many others over the years  have caught him out telling lies , or at the least wildly exaggerating many times.

This isnt my forum .Im not a mod. I have never reported anyones posts , and i regularly stand for freedom of speech and folk being allowed to have their say however detestable their view.

....but if i had my way , the guy would be banned for life from any forum i was in charge of for being a complete waste of space .Its impossible to engage with him in any meaningfull manner .

The truth isnt in him. As deppity dawg once said , the guy is ill and his carer shouldnt allow him  access to the internet.

Mod edit acromwell

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 22, 2021, 09:55:42 PM
And just cause you say there is none doesn't make it so either.
None at the supermarket is not none, it just means there are none until some are delivered. With the current supply chain problems that could be days or after Christmas.