Main Menu

Now that is love!

Started by T00ts, October 12, 2021, 04:36:24 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 20, 2021, 09:48:52 AM
The house we viewed 6 weeks ago and we made an offer on and lost out came back on the market yesterday and they decided we could have it. So Mrs will be pleased and therefore so will I as we make plans to live by the sea. (Not near Sheep)
Oh congratulations! There nothing better than losing an opportunity and then suddenly finding that you have another chance. I hope it all goes smoothly. 

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 12, 2021, 06:36:55 PM
Oooh that's exciting!
The house we viewed 6 weeks ago and we made an offer on and lost out came back on the market yesterday and they decided we could have it. So Mrs will be pleased and therefore so will I as we make plans to live by the sea. (Not near Sheep)
† The end is nigh †

patman post

∆∆∆   

Interesting. And checking from that I see there are rotating couplings suitable for water and larger bore couplings actually in use in the chemical and food industries...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on October 14, 2021, 03:29:29 PM
The old restaurant in the BT Tower managed by keeping  plumbing among other services on a central island and, although the house does look a bit small for that solution, caravans do manage to squeeze lots into small spaces.   

Any electrical connections are probably maintained with slip-rings — a bit like our kettle continues boiling if it's rotated on its stand while switched on. Though are Nicolas Tesla's wireless power transmission theories being put to the test? 

We should be told...

Possible explanations here:-

https://roundhousewilton.com/archives/a-freewheeling-house-with-a-built-in-motion/
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 13, 2021, 12:56:57 AM
It's an interesting thought. I wonder how his plumbing handles the twisting. I wouldnlt fancy flushing his bog for a start. And then there is the power cables. The more i think about this. the more it seems a nightmare!
The old restaurant in the BT Tower managed by keeping  plumbing among other services on a central island and, although the house does look a bit small for that solution, caravans do manage to squeeze lots into small spaces.   

Any electrical connections are probably maintained with slip-rings — a bit like our kettle continues boiling if it's rotated on its stand while switched on. Though are Nicolas Tesla's wireless power transmission theories being put to the test? 

We should be told...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

It's an interesting thought. I wonder how his plumbing handles the twisting. I wouldnlt fancy flushing his bog for a start. And then there is the power cables. The more i think about this. the more it seems a nightmare!
It would be easier to design if it turned 360 degrees with stops at the end of the travel, otherwise he must have put in some pretty awesome connections, because it seems capable of constant turning.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

It would seem logical to me that the house rotates back and forth rather than round and round in the same direction, that might allow a certain 'twist'.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on October 13, 2021, 02:22:59 AM
Good point  :)

Sadly I actually know the answer to the electrical side of that, you would need the sort of ring contact that they use at the base of a radio telescope. Can't say I fancy a freely swivelling water or sewage joint though, and you'd need a sort of water seal as they had on gasometers to keep the gas supply going. Or limit him to the calor gas pripane canisters...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Good point  :)
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 12, 2021, 05:35:46 PM
Dancing Dancing Dancing Only a man would think of that!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 12, 2021, 04:36:24 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10083865/Bosnian-husband-builds-house-wife-rotates-360-degrees-choose-sees-window.html

Happy wife happy life they say but this guy took it to the max and built his house so it could pivot 360 degrees because his wife wanted to change the view from her window.

I bet it was the wrong colour.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 12, 2021, 05:15:13 PM
Dancing Dancing Dancing I guess she would say the same!!!

I suppose we fall into accepting that because we have been with each other for many years thats enough to prove our love and we just chug along in our own matrimonial happiness .

A bit of bling and a few daisies now and again seems to perk her up  but apart from that she doesnt want for much

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 12, 2021, 06:28:23 PM
I'm working on a plan to please the Mrs. at the moment - I'll let you know if it works.
It is incredibly difficult!  ;D

Oooh that's exciting!

Barry

I'm working on a plan to please the Mrs. at the moment - I'll let you know if it works.
It is incredibly difficult!  ;D
† The end is nigh †