My third Covid vaccination

Started by papasmurf, October 13, 2021, 01:21:43 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Well I am 56 so not quite elderly but heading there. I am however a diabetic and as such am in a vulnerable medical group. I have long had the flu jab every year for that reason, and had this year's flu jab last week.

As someone who is medically vulnerable I have made what for me seems the wholly rational decision to have the covid vaccines. Seems to me that with my diabetes - I understand that 1 in 4 covid deaths have been diabetics - covid itself is far more potentially dangerous for me than the vaccines, and if these latter work to reduce the dangers of covid, then on the balance of risks for me they are the better bet. After all being vaccinated then catching covid and feeling a bit crap for a few days is far better than catching covid without the vaccines and feeling nothing due to being dead at least a couple of decades earlier than I would like.

Both doses for me were the pfizer vaccine. I have as yet been offered no booster jab but will probably decide to take it if it is offered.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 13, 2021, 03:42:30 PM
Apologies I thought that you had posted that your wife insisted - it must have been someone else.

Probably me Toots. I think most of this medication is bollocks, but I don't want to end up sleeping on the sofa so I had the first two jabs and will probably have shots of whatever else madam thinks I need.

Women are more complex than men, physically and emotionally, so if they feel the need for various jabs then fair enough. But Jesus Christ, men should try to act like men once in a while.

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 13, 2021, 02:55:25 PMI have never said one way or the other, have I?

Apologies I thought that you had posted that your wife insisted - it must have been someone else.

I do understand the worry that this is a form of control by the back door and in the normal run of things would probably be as adamant as you, but somehow this feels different. If there wasn't a jab, and we had been left to let the virus run I just wonder where we would all now be. I am confident that I would have been one of the statistics and therefore measured the risk of the jab against that. I will also confess that I bowed to my kids who were besides themselves that I would go down with it. Nice to think they might miss me! :)

The fact that this is not a vaccine in the sense of the word that we understand from the past does make it more of a test of faith in the scientists. However the breakthrough is that this has opened doors for remedies for other diseases and for that we should perhaps give them the accolade. Some talk of long term damage from the jab but the long term damage from Covid is also unknown so to some extent I feel we are somewhere between the devil and the deep. If this turns out to be a bad experiment then that will be a shame but I think we are agreed that this is only the beginning of what is to come. Let's hope the scientists manage a lot of new discoveries in time.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 13, 2021, 02:55:25 PM
This is where the restrictions apply to people based on their medical history. Whether jabbed or not, both can carry and transmit the virus. Therefore the discrimination is both unfair and completely defies logic.
We should be fighting this sort of treatment. It is obvious the government are using this as a form of coercion for people to have more and more jabs, whilst keeping control via a digital pass system.
It's disgusting.
I have never said one way or the other, have I?

I have no problem whatsoever with getting vaccinations or vaccination passports when and where required by governments or events, or venues. If a venue/event  also requires a negative test before entry I am OK with that as well. (I would not go to an event or venue that did not have a requirement for a vaccination passport and/or a negative Covid test.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on October 13, 2021, 02:01:36 PM
Precisely. In any case for my forthcoming trip to Brittany, I needed  a Covid vaccination passport or I can't use public transport or go into a restaurant and many other venues. (I needed a lot of other paperwork as well.)
This is where the restrictions apply to people based on their medical history. Whether jabbed or not, both can carry and transmit the virus. Therefore the discrimination is both unfair and completely defies logic.
We should be fighting this sort of treatment. It is obvious the government are using this as a form of coercion for people to have more and more jabs, whilst keeping control via a digital pass system.
It's disgusting.

Quote from: T00ts on October 13, 2021, 01:46:13 PM
I believe though that you had the jabs didn't you?
I have never said one way or the other, have I?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 13, 2021, 01:46:13 PM
As you rightly say we have choice and I have made mine as have all my family. I don't see a lot of point arguing about it.

Precisely. In any case for my forthcoming trip to Brittany, I needed  a Covid vaccination passport or I can't use public transport or go into a restaurant and many other venues. (I needed a lot of other paperwork as well.)

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 13, 2021, 01:35:00 PM
Well done - I have mine next week and I am always grateful for the organisation manned so much by volunteers who have been doing this now for so many months. Was it Pfizer? Did they tell you how long to wait for it to be effective? The last lot was 3 weeks from memory.

It was Pfizer. I was give a comprehensive 2 pages of A4 printed both sides information package. I already know the time before it is effective.
Now for the flu jab on Saturday.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 13, 2021, 01:40:00 PM
It must be all about the science, T00ts. Either that, or they want to give the manufacturers plenty of business.
Why should he wait for anything? Did his vaccine protection suddenly disappear?
Anyway, as has been said, everyone carry on taking their own choices. Thank the Lord, we still have a choice.

Yes I am aware of your scepticism and others, which is why I have generally kept quiet about my own situation. I believe though that you had the jabs didn't you? As you rightly say we have choice and I have made mine as have all my family. I don't see a lot of point arguing about it.

Barry

It must be all about the science, T00ts. Either that, or they want to give the manufacturers plenty of business.
Why should he wait for anything? Did his vaccine protection suddenly disappear?
Anyway, as has been said, everyone carry on taking their own choices. Thank the Lord, we still have a choice.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 13, 2021, 01:21:43 PM
This morning I had my third Covid vaccination.  I had to go to the wilds of Redruth to get it. I arrived 1/2 an hour early. Despite that, I had the vaccination within minutes of arrival. Very efficient organisation backed with the volunteers.

Well done - I have mine next week and I am always grateful for the organisation manned so much by volunteers who have been doing this now for so many months. Was it Pfizer? Did they tell you how long to wait for it to be effective? The last lot was 3 weeks from memory.

papasmurf

This morning I had my third Covid vaccination.  I had to go to the wilds of Redruth to get it. I arrived 1/2 an hour early. Despite that, I had the vaccination within minutes of arrival. Very efficient organisation backed with the volunteers.